NEW EXPLOIT - Tyre "healing" without stopping

Hello guys,

i just met someone using a new exploit. My enemy was able to "heal" his tires in today daily race "C" (tire+fuel wear, 10 laps, Suzuka, Gr3) - With enemy, i dont want to expose anyone! I dont want to acurse him of anything, i will just explain what just happend to me! But im still mad he stole my win on this unfair way :(

It was unbeliebable! Times in Top Lobbys are normally VERY Close, but my enemy got unbelievable Speed at the end of the Race. Im sure he did it on purpose and knows exactly what he was doing, since he "sandbagged" his time to not get exposed... but he made a mistake.... i slowly studied the race and observed the bug!

Pace Start of Race (fastest laps til lap 4)
1. Patohm (2:00,9) (0 stop tactic)
2. Driver 2 (2:01,2) (1 stop tactic)
3. Driver 3 (2:01,0) (0 Stop tactic)
4. Driver 4 (2:01,0) (0 Stop tactic)

Pretty close right? Ok, after lap 4 the first Drivers go to pit. Nearly everyone stop, only Patohm (me) in Porsche, Driver 3 in Porsche and Driver 4 in Nissan stayed out!

Pace is dropping significantly for the 0 stopper, even Driver 3 who is using "fresh tires" at least twice til lap 7/8 - he tries to save fuel and "sandbag" his potenzial time...

Then the wonder happens - UNBELIEVABLE PACE:

LAP 8
Patohm - 2:02,9 (8 lap old tires)
Driver 3 - 2:00,5 (never stopped but fresh tires)
Driver 4 - 2:03,3 (8 lap old tires)
Driver 2 - 2:00,8 (1 lap old tires)

He exposed himself... At first i thought it was a Display bug... but the last two laps were so FAST... he even slowed down on last lap to not score a new record time...

In the replay you can clearly see, that he is "healing" his tiring, by just pressing "Options".... ist unbelievable, but true!

Important questions:
- How is this possible?
- exploit or bug by account (like grip bug)?
- are the new FIA races doomed?

Please tell what you find out about this bug!! PD must be informed, so this mess gets patched!!

VIDEO OF PROOF WILL FOLLOW ASAP!

Regards,
Patohm

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for my english :(

Long Story short: he can "Regenerate" his tires without going into pits - he press "Options" and after exiting the menu he has a fresh new set!

This Sound unbelievable right? The Video is still uploading, will update in 15-20 minutes!

EDIT: Maybe this is a Account Problem again (like grip bug)

sorry for my english :(

Long Story short: he can "Regenerate" his tires without going into pits - he press "Options" and after exiting the menu he has a fresh new set!

This Sound unbelievable right? The Video is still uploading, will update in 15-20 minutes!
How are you seeing him press Options? Unless you can replicate it?

It's not your English, this is the part that I don't understand:

Long Story short: he can "Regenerate" his tires without going into pits - he press "Options" and after exiting the menu he has a fresh new set

How do you know he's pressing options? Do his tires refresh at the bottom of the HUD display?

A video will be helpful.

YAY another way to ruin everyone's day, people will never stop to make themselves look like clowns won't they.

OMG I swear I have seen people doing this pre 1.11 but it didn't register in my brain till seeing this.
Has someone got a sub account to sit at the back of a sport race and see if this happens for everyone? I can test it tomorrow on a sub account.

Last edited:
With the next update likely scheduled to be 3 or so weeks away this will be even worse than the grip bug if as I fear anyone can exploit it.
I'm curious as to what he's actually doing in the menu that causes this though.

Has anyone specifically tried to recreate this bug?
A good place to start would be figuring out how to do it, and if there are settings that prevent/allow this to happen.

I notice the video shows the driver using CSA, does that make a difference?
Exactly what menu did he open? Options? Or the PS4 menu?

Yes it's gamebreaking, but we need to know how to recreate it so it can be fixed.

Come to think of it, I'm going to have to rewatch that Dragons Tail race replay from yesterday, the race leader had a huge lead, but he DID pit however it is possible he did the options thing before pitting and just refueled since he went in and out faster than most of us did...

OMFG I swear I have seen people doing this pre 1.11 but it didn't register in my brain till seeing this.
Has someone got a sub account to sit at the back of a sport race and see if this happens for everyone? I can test it tomorrow on a sub account.

Also worth testing it in an FIA race as well. The grip bug didn't seem to impact on those dedicated servers so it might be different

I'm curious as to what he's actually doing in the menu that causes this though.

Whatever he does it doesn't seem to take that long worryingly

Last edited by a moderator:
On the bad side its another cheat found to exploit the outcome of a race. It's probably going to get really bad before they can patch it.

On the positive side it only runes the online tire wear race's and not all the sport mode race's. I know that's not good for the people who race those type of events but the grip bug effect all the sport mode race's so at least this is somewhat limited but still sucks.

I've had a few tire wear races where I will catch some car up that has its hazzards on going slow, then it will suddenly shoot off again and leave me for dust in the corners. I recall seeing that player before, so it may have been the same guy each time.

I had thought how nice someone was for putting their hazzards on while they served a time penalty.

EDIT : giving him the benefit of doubt, he could have gone for a quick toilet break, or pressed the button by accident.

Last edited:
I write to him and he told me he is just opening the menu for this bug to happen, nothing more. It also seems, that not all Account are eligable to do this... I dont know, i have not tested it myself online - it does not work offline however...
Should try also in lobbies to see if it's only on Sport mode or on all online services

Back