Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
This is an updated version of my original Clio tune. Tuning the Ford Focus along with some suggestions from @Tempo87 and @miata13B helped iron out some of the original issues with the tune. One particular issue was the front tires heating up excessively after a couple of laps. Throwing ballast on the front as opposed to the back really helped with this situation without sacrificing any turn in. It's a little faster than the Focus ST now and if you like the sound of a high revving Euro 4 banger Hot Hatch, you'll love this car. Enjoy:cheers:

Renault Clio.jpg

upload_2013-12-12_17-25-26.png

upload_2013-12-12_17-23-18.png

Last edited:
good tune THX!!!!!!!!
Glad to help. I took it online to a couple of races last night and it was quite competitive. 1st and a 2nd place. Lost to the Elise 111R and beat the little Tommy Kaira in a small field of 6:lol:. Sure was fun to drive at GVE too..you could swing the tail around on the right hander before the downhill esses quite easily:cheers:

Johnnypenso, This is a good tune. It handles very nicely on flatter circuits. Ran this on Mount Panorama Motor and it ate the track up. Good handling and stability during the fast sections while still eating up the slower lower speed corners with no problem. For that track it could use a little more top speed then the 6 speed transmission offers.

Then the one achilles heel I found on this car is at Matterhorn Rotenboden. This tune does not like elevation changes too much. It loses a lot of traction on steep uphill climbs. It takes precise throttle control to maintain a proper acceleration on the uphill portions. That is not too bad of an issue. The real issue lies within the downhill portions. The car likes to float into braking sections and steep downhill portions. If you are going to spin this car that is where it will occur. Come into too fast to a braking zone and the car will leave you with terminal understeer, at times no steering response at all.

A beautifully crafted tune here and definitely a hoot to race with. You can't have a tune to run on every course properly and the fact that Inclines and Declines are the Achilles Heel of this car this tune is a solid 7.8/10 in my book. If you continue to fine tune this machine I would be extremely happy to give it a good trashing :) Thanks for the tune.

DS3 user

Last edited:
Hi Johnnypenso
good work on the Clio, I love 👍
By cons I have a weight distribution of 54:46 is this normal?
good continuation

Johnnypenso, This is a good tune. It handles very nicely on flatter circuits. Ran this on Mount Panorama Motor and it ate the track up. Good handling and stability during the fast sections while still eating up the slower lower speed corners with no problem. For that track it could use a little more top speed then the 6 speed transmission offers.

Then the one achilles heel I found on this car is at Matterhorn Rotenboden. This tune does not like elevation changes too much. It loses a lot of traction on steep uphill climbs. It takes precise throttle control to maintain a proper acceleration on the uphill portions. That is not too bad of an issue. The real issue lies within the downhill portions. The car likes to float into braking sections and steep downhill portions. If you are going to spin this car that is where it will occur. Come into too fast to a braking zone and the car will leave you with terminal understeer, at times no steering response at all.

A beautifully crafted tune here and definitely a hoot to race with. You can't have a tune to run on every course properly and the fact that Inclines and Declines are the Achilles Heel of this car this tune is a solid 7.8/10 in my book. If you continue to fine tune this machine I would be extremely happy to give it a good trashing :) Thanks for the tune.

DS3 user

Thanks for the extensive feedback:cheers: I put on the six speed because I detest that transmission whine. I'll definitely do up a proper 6 speed for it and repost for those that like it but I'll likely do all my testing with the 6 speed fixed gear transmission.

I did not test it at Matterhorn but will do so soon. I tuned up the Focus tonight and if you like the Clio you'll love the Focus and it was tested at Matterhorn. The short little steep uphill is still an issue thought but I think that's going to be an FF thing, with all the weight on the back tires going uphill. Don't think tuning will fix that.

Hi Johnnypenso
good work on the Clio, I love 👍
By cons I have a weight distribution of 54:46 is this normal?
good continuation

Thanks Seb:cheers: Not sure what you mean "by cons"?:confused:

Note: I had a corrupted game save last night so it's a good thing I have this tune here or I would have lost it..:lol:

Hey Johnnypenso,
Good tune, it is balanced and easy to control. Though I think for weight distribution you mean to put it in the rear (+50) otherwise the weight distribution is not 51:49

Hey Johnnypenso,
Good tune, it is balanced and easy to control. Though I think for weight distribution you mean to put it in the rear (+50) otherwise the weight distribution is not 51:49
Yes sorry, what a typo:yuck:

I beat the pants off this tune lastnight online just to try it. I did change it to 54/46 though because I knew that's what you meant. I changed the camber to 0.0, for some reason adding camber seems to make the car loose grip. Did an auto set on the tranny, had no time for gear changing. Loved it Bathurst, did a 2.30 to take the pole and then gave it to a S2000 '06 on the main straight out of turn one. Also a 1.13 at Grand Valley East but missed the race while in the tranny adjustment screen.

This is my first GT playing with a wheel so I am not that good yet but the car rocks dude, I had a blast driving it especially since it's the only 450pp car I have right now.

Hey Johnnypenso,

thank you for the info, yes indeed ... I try at the back is it is like that 👍

I tried this out last night with the pad and it was very nice to drive! Made me scrap my tune which I had haha. I'm starting to get used to new physics now aswell, and using the wheel again after a very long break.

I changed the camber to 0.0, for some reason adding camber seems to make the car loose grip.
I am starting to come to this conclusion aswell about the camber. Going to need to test it some more but so far I'm starting to believe that low if not any camber setting gives you the most grip and stops the front tyres from sliding.

Hey Johnnypenso, thanks for sharing your setup.
i have tried it but i felt the car was too much seated on the back for the extra weight and i felt too much understeer.

So i have modified:
ARB to a 3/5
Brakes 7/3.

Then i felt the car more handle with a strong front-end and a light rear-end that help in the first part of the corner.

My clio is tuned in a similar way of you
The difference are:

-Racing exhaust
-intake system
-No One engine stage.
-No extra weight.

275cv 450 pp.
Weight are 1.153 kg
The weight distribution is 53:47.

After this mod i have tried to do a some lap @ brands hatch full,
I set a best of 1.38.0 and i have done some lap in 1.38 low

I hope that my contribution has been helpful and sorry for my english.

Bye

Tempo.

Hey Johnnypenso, thanks for sharing your setup.
i have tried it but i felt the car was too much seated on the back for the extra weight and i felt too much understeer.

So i have modified:
ARB to a 3/5
Brakes 7/3.

Then i felt the car more handle with a strong front-end and a light rear-end that help in the first part of the corner.

My clio is tuned in a similar way of you
The difference are:

-Racing exhaust
-intake system
-No One engine stage.
-No extra weight.

275cv 450 pp.
Weight are 1.153 kg
The weight distribution is 53:47.

After this mod i have tried to do a some lap @ brands hatch full,
I set a best of 1.38.0 and i have done some lap in 1.38 low

I hope that my contribution has been helpful and sorry for my english.

Bye

Tempo.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have the Focus up later. I learned quite a bit from tuning that car and I'll keep your settings in mind when I have another go at the Clio tonight...if I'm lucky. Have some more work to do on building a new cockpit. :lol:

Vesaro_Racing_Simulation_Rig_ImmersionR-620x465.jpg

I built this rig using PVC man, cost me probably $60. I inverted the pedals and added 2 uprights to the steering wheel mount close to the front. I used 2.25 inch PVC to build it and I must say the PVC, once glued together is pretty strong man.

Vesaro_Racing_Simulation_Rig_ImmersionR-620x465.jpg

That's a thing of beauty. I built this rig using PVC man, cost me probably $60. I inverted the pedals and added 2 uprights to the steering wheel mount close to the front. I used 2.25 inch PVC to build it and I must say the PVC, once glued together is pretty strong man.
I'm in the plumbing and drainage business so I can get all 1.5" ABS pipe and fittings I need. Mine won't look that nice...I'm using a captains chair from a minivan...quite comfortable but heavy, and building a flat wooden base for it. It'll be solid as a rock when it's done if not quite so pretty and compact...lol.

Last edited:
Oh man, that captain's chair sounds like a winner. I have racing seats, makes the rig look nice but not comfortable at all.

Can't wait to give this baby a run for its money once I get off work tonight :-)

Should that be the 2013 Ford Focus ST? Lol

Last edited:
The Ford Focus ST is a solid performer. I started with stock settings and then each lap out on Brands Hatch added another part of your tune to the car. Untuned she was very easy to handle around this track. Giving confidence in hitting the apexes and stomping on the accelerator to pull out of the turns. Turn 1 seems to be the toughest turn on this circuit due to the elevation change. In stock form the ST eats it up if you take the correct driving line.

I started with the LSD settings, these always seem to mess up any tune I have done since GT3. It took a little to get use to the way the car comes into a turn with these settings but once you adjust the style you drive the car with, it easily dropped a second off my lap. At this point I believe I was in the mid 1:43s. Slowly I adjusted the Suspension To match the settings that you tuned the car with. and each settings did not hinder the performance at all. With only 2 laps at Brand Hatch with the final tune I put down a 1:41.9xx which was a remarkable improvement over stock. I believe stock I was in the high 1:44 or maybe even in the low 1:45s. I have not taken the car into any serious course with extreme elevation changes yet and only been running on flatter race circuits with her.

The only weak spot that I noticed with the car is if you get on the throttle too soon in a turn you get met with that wonderful Fwd understeer. I don't think there is too much more that can be done to the tune to remove that, but still small little changes over time just makes it faster with more seat time with this car. A big plus is that this car loves trail braking, gives it perfect rotation at turn-in and pointing out of the apex. I'll probably find some more points about the car the more I drive it, but this is just initial impression. I would rate this tune a 8.1/10. I can't give higher then that currently because she only got flogged for a little bit and I didn't have the time to spend on each course I would like too. I still believe there are parts that can be improved on, but they are small tweaks that will rear its head over time after driving this car for a bit. Thanks for the great Tune Johnny :-).

On a sidenote if you ever decide to do a request tune, I would love to see the Peugeot 106 Rallye or S16.

Please note, you will find a fully Updated Clio RS Tune Here retuned and now with a 6 speed racing transmission.

The Ford Focus ST is a solid performer. I started with stock settings and then each lap out on Brands Hatch added another part of your tune to the car. Untuned she was very easy to handle around this track. Giving confidence in hitting the apexes and stomping on the accelerator to pull out of the turns. Turn 1 seems to be the toughest turn on this circuit due to the elevation change. In stock form the ST eats it up if you take the correct driving line.

I started with the LSD settings, these always seem to mess up any tune I have done since GT3. It took a little to get use to the way the car comes into a turn with these settings but once you adjust the style you drive the car with, it easily dropped a second off my lap. At this point I believe I was in the mid 1:43s. Slowly I adjusted the Suspension To match the settings that you tuned the car with. and each settings did not hinder the performance at all. With only 2 laps at Brand Hatch with the final tune I put down a 1:41.9xx which was a remarkable improvement over stock. I believe stock I was in the high 1:44 or maybe even in the low 1:45s. I have not taken the car into any serious course with extreme elevation changes yet and only been running on flatter race circuits with her.

The only weak spot that I noticed with the car is if you get on the throttle too soon in a turn you get met with that wonderful Fwd understeer. I don't think there is too much more that can be done to the tune to remove that, but still small little changes over time just makes it faster with more seat time with this car. A big plus is that this car loves trail braking, gives it perfect rotation at turn-in and pointing out of the apex. I'll probably find some more points about the car the more I drive it, but this is just initial impression. I would rate this tune a 8.1/10. I can't give higher then that currently because she only got flogged for a little bit and I didn't have the time to spend on each course I would like too. I still believe there are parts that can be improved on, but they are small tweaks that will rear its head over time after driving this car for a bit. Thanks for the great Tune Johnny :-).

On a sidenote if you ever decide to do a request tune, I would love to see the Peugeot 106 Rallye or S16.
Good feedback thanks.👍 I'm noticing that you can feel the throttle understeer better in GT6 but it's tough to tune out. I haven't worked much with ARB or dampers so there may be something there. In reality though, if you mash the throttle with 275 HP through sports tires you're bound to get some understeer in some situations so I'm kind of glad there isn't a magic button in tuning that eliminates it and you have to make tradeoffs. I suspect we'll be changing the LSD from track to track in GT6.

On my own sidenote, I avoided FF's like the plague in GT5. Other than 1 or 2, I thought they drove like crap and weren't much fun. I figured they would showcase the new physics more than any other drivetrain so I figured I'd start here with tuning and so far I'm loving it so I'll probably go through a half dozen of them at least before moving on to other drivetrains. They aren't perfect by any stretch, but much better and most importantly fun to drive now, so any car new to GT6 is definitely on the radar.

Last edited:
Yet another solid performer among the GT6 FF's is the Peugeot RCZ. Reminiscent of the Audi TT series it's meant to compete with the TT and VW Scirocco in the world car market. I figured it would plow like a tractor with 62:38 weight distribution but stock handling is actually quite good and can be driven with some pace. A few tweaks here and there make it on pace with the 2013 Focus and only slightly behind the Clio. Enjoy!!

Peugeot RCZ.jpg

upload_2013-12-13_19-50-29.png
upload_2013-12-13_20-24-22.png

Last edited:
I will buy another clio and a new RCZ to try the setups out. Golf V GTI '05 or Scirocco R '10 might be good cars to add to this mix of FF 450pp cars as well before you come back from Europe lol.

I will buy another clio and a new RCZ to try the setups out. Golf V GTI '05 or Scirocco R '10 might be good cars to add to this mix of FF 450pp cars as well before you come back from Europe lol.

I will probably do a good FR next to kind of set a baseline, then maybe a couple more FF's and the Volks' were on the radar for sure. I have no idea at this point whether those lap times are comparable to decent FR's with me behind the wheel or 4 seconds off the pace at this point:lol: Hard to tell with FF's sometimes, they weren't my forte in GT5 that's for sure:ouch:, so I need a target to shoot for and a good FR like the Sciobaru (sp?) should do the trick.

Feedback is always appreciated. 👍

Can't wait to try out the tweaks you did Johnny I'll have to wait until Monday night to try them. Also really interested in the RCZ I get you some feedback on that once I get back to gaming on Monday :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back