New Formula One World Champion Max Verstappen Talks More About Sim Racing

• Thread starter Famine
  • 52 comments
The usurper... his new nickname. Maybe the media and the F1 administration crowned you, but in my mind, you are not the 2021 World Champion... this title was appointed to you not won on track.

The usurper... his new nickname. Maybe the media and the F1 administration crowned you, but in my mind, you are not the 2021 World Champion... this title was appointed to you not won on track.

Totally bro...

Trump won too, can't believe no one else sees it...

You weren't there man... YOU WEREN'T THERE!

This subforum has become unbearable.
Agreed. I want to see an alternative timeline where Mercedes pit and the same then happens with roles reversed. I want to see if Hamilton would get the same level of stick and abuse at every turn.

Keeping it somewhat on topic, I did see a video recently along similar lines of a sim racer who got his hands on a top spec drift car and pretty much nails it. Sim racing absolutely has its place for drivers.

Agreed. I want to see an alternative timeline where Mercedes pit and the same then happens with roles reversed. I want to see if Hamilton would get the same level of stick and abuse at every turn.
Of course it would be, VER has an equal share of rabid fans. Maybe not on here specifically, but generally speaking. Just look at any post by either "side" on social media, it's full of them. Well actually don't, if you value your sanity.

Those people are best ignored, on both sides.

I've seen Max race in a sim setting and it's exactly like how he is on track. He races like he's in an online lobby regardless of what he's doing. He's a dirty racer, and always has been.

Of course it would be, VER has an equal share of rabid fans. Maybe not on here specifically, but generally speaking. Just look at any post by either "side" on social media, it's full of them. Well actually don't, if you value your sanity.
Aka, the past year on the F1 subreddit.

Booo... Ssssssss
I don't care to see or hear this dude for another 365days. No. It's not his fault.
It's Director Masi's middle finger towards me, the F1 rule book and Lewis' and Mercedes' accomplishments, for the sake of 'ratings' that peeves me.
Max doesn't deserve my angst... but this continued glorification and justification of a championship title denied, leaves me angered.
F1 should be ashamed and Max needs to acknowledge 'Mikey's' middle finger. PERIOD

Booo... Ssssssss
I don't care to see or hear this dude for another 365days. No. It's not his fault.
It's Director Masi's middle finger towards me, the F1 rule book and Lewis' and Mercedes' accomplishments, for the sake of 'ratings' that peeves me.
Max doesn't deserve my angst... but this continued glorification and justification of a championship title denied, leaves me angered.
F1 should be ashamed and Max needs to acknowledge 'Mikey's' middle finger. PERIOD
Verstappen doesn't need to do anything, and he certainly doesn't need to play into your fantasy scenario in which he justifies your coping mechanism.

Personally, I think that Hamilton denied himself the championship by throwing away 25 points in Baku. That was a big middle finger towards his fans and Mercedes' accomplishments. Luckily Verstappen has already acknowledged that.

Verstappen doesn't need to do anything, and he certainly doesn't need to play into your fantasy scenario in which he justifies your coping mechanism.
Speaking as a non Netherlander F1 fan 1st and a driver fan 2nd, it's hard to not feel cheated with how Max had the title giftwrapped by the racing gods and Masi. It's like that last race has become void along with the whole of last season as nothing was decided by regular means. Not in my eyes and possibly not in Max's (or Lewis's, if it was the other way around) either. I know I wouldn't be that happy winning a winner takes all race like that anyway.

Personally, I think that Hamilton denied himself the championship by throwing away 25 points in Baku.
Personally, I think Max's version of hard racing cost him a lot more. Maybe even the chance of an early title win and no need for this last race 'decider'.

Personally, I think that Hamilton denied himself the championship by throwing away 25 points in Baku. That was a big middle finger towards his fans and Mercedes' accomplishments. Luckily Verstappen has already acknowledged that.
Lewis made an error with his brakes, and that’s giving a middle finger to his fans?

Lewis made an error with his brakes, and that’s giving a middle finger to his fans?
Based on what we know, I can't fault Hamilton for that. On initial thought, it seems like he screwed up. But in actuality, he screwed up but it was a screw up he didn't really know about. :lol:

He triggered the button/switch by knocking it on accident. It's one of those mistakes that you learn from and make sure it's not repeated, but in terms of prevention I don't see how it could reasonably be prevented in that instance.

Based on what we know, I can't fault Hamilton for that. On initial thought, it seems like he screwed up. But in actuality, he screwed up but it was a screw up he didn't really know about. :lol:

He triggered the button/switch by knocking it on accident. It's one of those mistakes that you learn from and make sure it's not repeated, but in terms of prevention I don't see how it could reasonably be prevented in that instance.
Yeah I don’t know how this turns in to a middle finger to his fans lol. The next 3 months are going to be filled with these weird takes.

The next 3 months are going to be filled with these weird takes.
If you want some light relief from these weird takes you can always head to Twitter where #istandwithlewis keeps trending. It's like a weird cult that appears to be elevating an F1 championship well above actual proper issues that Lewis campaigns for/against.

If you want some light relief from these weird takes you can always head to Twitter where #istandwithlewis keeps trending. It's like a weird cult that appears to be elevating an F1 championship well above actual proper issues that Lewis campaigns for/against.
I took a quick look. While I don’t necessarily agree with it most of these tweets seem harmless, half of the tweets are just pictures :confused:

Edit: it should also be noted that what happens on Twitter is largely irrelevant here, cause this isn’t Twitter. And one could easily make either side look irrational by checking what fans are saying on Twitter.

Last edited:

Oooh please, Nick. That race should have red flagged and you and everyone knows this.
Yall just glad to see the season come to an end. Damn the controversy or any hint of sporstmansmanship. I"ve seen many races end under red flag conditions or reset to preserve some semblance of balance.
If 'any' does not mean ALL then we could have seen Michael call the drivers, placed 18th through 20th, pass the safety car while leaving those between Lewis and Max as they were.
Let us see what bin Salehm does with Michael the Savior.

Back