New Forza 4 Fanatec wheel (CSR-Elite)

• Thread starter Mr Fox
  • 170 comments
Looks Like T10 and Fanatec are looking to bring some serious competition to Logitech in the form of the yet to be released Fanatec CSR & CSR-Elite

Only info i can find on the new wheel is on the forza website so heres a quick break down of the specs...Both wheels are designed to offer an incredible driving experience for forza motor sport 4 fans.

CSR:

Improved force feedback electronics and mechanics make the wheel feel stronger and faster.

Metal CSR shifter set and large metal paddle shifters make shifting gears easier than ever.

Lightweight aluminum wheel rim with alcantara inserts allow faster, more responsive turns.

CSR-Elite:

Wheel base fully made of metal, with carbon fiber and alcantara wheel rim.

Directsensor(TM) technology with sensor mounted directly on the steering axis, this avoids all interference and performance loss you get from the belt/gear drive found on traditional motor-mounted sensor systems.

Dual force feedback motors with 120watt (silent big fan cooling) and a very low cogging force to avoid "notchy" feeling.

csrelite.jpg

Would it work with G25 pedals? I.e. Can I save some money?

Mhhh iam not sure about this wheel

I think it will be something like a Thrustmaster wheel (iam talking about the normal thrustmaster wheels not the GT 5 one ) , they look very good but they are very bad and they have a Bad quality
This Wheel will not ve very bad XD but yeah iam not sure

On the picture i can see plastic ??? Between alcantara and carbon ? Not sure

Lets wait and see

Ps: i think this wheel will have no chance against the thrustmaster GT 5 wheel , G25/7 and there is a wheel from Fanatec with Pro pedalls (pedalls -> 250 EUR , really BEST pedalls on the market ) i forgot the name

This is a Fanatec wheel, and it pretty much demolishes the G series and Thrustmaster.

Agreed, why else would the price tag be so high not to mention it is a multi platform Fanatec wheel boasting extra features, may have to get myself one of these. Not sure which one though as the high end wheel is very expensive but may have to treat myself :sly:

Mhhh iam not sure about this wheel

I think it will be something like a Thrustmaster wheel (iam talking about the normal thrustmaster wheels not the GT 5 one ) , they look very good but they are very bad and they have a Bad quality
This Wheel will not ve very bad XD but yeah iam not sure

On the picture i can see plastic ??? Between alcantara and carbon ? Not sure

Lets wait and see

Ps: i think this wheel will have no chance against the thrustmaster GT 5 wheel , G25/7 and there is a wheel from Fanatec with Pro pedalls (pedalls -> 250 EUR , really BEST pedalls on the market ) i forgot the name

Fanatec wheels are noted to be very good quality,

This CSR-Elite wheel competes with the Thrustmaster T500RS. We'll have to wait for reviews to see if it matches, or surpasses the T500RS. It does not compete with either G25/G27 wheels as it's positioned much higher than Logitech's G series wheels and is made of better quality.

This is a Fanatec wheel, and it pretty much demolishes the G series and Thrustmaster.

Demolishes? No, but I loooove my GT2 and ClubSport Pedals. I think the GT2 is the second best "affordable" wheel behind the T500 RS. I think the ClubSport Pedals are the best "affordable" pedals out there. I do love Fanatec's poly-platform compatibility and tuning features. I hate Fanatec's (earned?) reputation for iffy reliability, though I've yet to be bitten.

That's why I'm so amped for the CSR Elite or whatever the ClubSport variant will be. I'm betting on T500 RS levels of feel and performance in the wheel, with an even more robust build that works with every system I own. And when the ClubSport Shifter comes out it'll be the total package. That wheel may demolish the under $1000 competition, and I can't wait.

*Edit* I re-read, Bogie, I think we're agreeing here. You mean you expect the CSR Elite to demolish the competition, not Fanatec wheels in general, right?

With the "Elite" perhaps it is called this for a reason...

It looks to have a more comfortable part / Alacantara wheel rim
Lightweight to help speed in steering
Dual motors will give more responsive FFB within a metal body
New sensor for increased precision
Improved shifters that rotate with wheel

Good to see that there is not the Porsche badge anymore...I am kinda purist, and I wouldn´t feel comfortable driving a Honda with a Porsche badge (I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am not the only person that thinks something like that)

Good to see that there is not the Porsche badge anymore...I am kinda purist, and I wouldn´t feel comfortable driving a Honda with a Porsche badge (I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am not the only person that thinks something like that)

Not sure I agree, the only solution to being a purist is to have interchangeable wheels, and a collection that encompasses every car you want to drive?

Or did you mean you have a real Honda car and would feel cheap having anything non-Honda in your house?

Either way, I think it's just you ;)

(All meant light heartedly.. :))

*finger taps chin*

Worth it or not? It's a sweet setup and I wouldn't justify purchasing anything other than the elite.

I'm already upgrading my drumkit, building a new computer, and buying new golfclubs this summer (the golf clubs actually this thursday, I can't wait :D )... I don't know if I should add a $700 racing wheel to that list of hobby purchases this year... then again... thats all the way in October / November.

Decisions, Decisions...

Where do you see this news?? Source??

Sorry I was in a rush yesterday and didn't even have time to provide the link, glad to see somebody has already posted it.

Wheel looks fantastic, but certainly comes at a price. I will wait and see what ISR say about this before I make any decisions

Sorry I was in a rush yesterday and didn't even have time to provide the link, glad to see somebody has already posted it.

Wheel looks fantastic, but certainly comes at a price. I will wait and see what ISR say about this before I make any decisions

No problem at all. I'm just glad its true. Now if they can only get my local Gamestop to sell it.... Im just not a fan of having to order something from over seas but I probably will if I have to.

Wait someone post pics Elite vs non Elite. What are the differences?

Will I be able to buy Elite without FM stickers? I would love to see AMG Mercedes-Benz style wheel :D

Awesome looking wheels Fanatec. Changing my goal from a GT2 to a CSR with the CSR shifter and maybe a set of club sport pedals...

Unless the CSR pedals hit the right price to live with the Omissions from the Club Sport pedals. BTW the load cell brake is really all I want, and the CSR's has them.

Latest Posts

Back