New Forza Motorsport Details Coming at Xbox & Bethesda Developer_Direct On January 25

We see what 25th brings, fm7 dosen’t have tyre wear and fuel management in same sense as gt7 ex at least not as much in depth, neither game is full sim but i think gt7 goes closer than fm7 overall

We see what 25th brings, fm7 dosen’t have tyre wear and fuel management in same sense as gt7 ex at least not as much in depth, neither game is full sim but i think gt7 goes closer than fm7 overall

What an odd thing to say but at least we have experts on the inner workings of GT7 and FM7 tire wear and fuel systems.

Last edited:
I mean the systems are kinda there but fuel/tire management are not a major consideration while you race in Forza, it's a simple "if it runs down to 0%" you'll lose traction/power, but other than in endurance races it doesn't come into play because the tires are 10 times more durable than real ones and the fuel tank capacity rivals that of tanker ship.

I mean the systems are kinda there but fuel/tire management are not a major consideration while you race in Forza, it's a simple "if it runs down to 0%" you'll lose traction/power, but other than in endurance races it doesn't come into play because the tires are 10 times more durable than real ones and the fuel tank capacity rivals that of tanker ship.

It's not a consideration due to how short races are in general.

I never needed to use the pit system for fuel or tires in the GT7 career either.

It's not a consideration due to how short races are in general.

I never needed to use the pit system for fuel or tires in the GT7 career either.
I get what he's saying though. The daily races in GT7 factor fuel and tyre wear in quite readily and if you haven't needed to use the pits for fuel and tyres in the GT7 career then quite simply you haven't finished it. Plenty of races that necessitate pit stops.

FM basically needs to use fuel and tyre multipliers to better effect and have a better online structure and more accurate racing offline. All of which I'm pretty sure we will get.

FM basically needs to use fuel and tyre multipliers to better effect and have a better online structure and more accurate racing offline. All of which I'm pretty sure we will get.
Highly likely, I'd say. Given that FM7 and GTS came out at almost the exact same time, I absolutely expect FM8 to pinch all the good ideas from GTS. GTS was the big push into a more serious online structure, which of necessity included fuel/tyre multipliers so that those things could be relevant in sub-15 minute races. If FM8 doesn't have multipliers, safety and matchmaking ratings, and structured online competition then they're idiots.

I'm more curious what their netcode will be like. That's a big one still even in games with servers, let alone P2P.

Highly likely, I'd say. Given that FM7 and GTS came out at almost the exact same time, I absolutely expect FM8 to pinch all the good ideas from GTS. GTS was the big push into a more serious online structure, which of necessity included fuel/tyre multipliers so that those things could be relevant in sub-15 minute races. If FM8 doesn't have multipliers, safety and matchmaking ratings, and structured online competition then they're idiots.

I'm more curious what their netcode will be like. That's a big one still even in games with servers, let alone P2P.
Hopefully they can use the Microsoft power behind them to good effect with the servers. I do hope they take ideas, not just from GTS but also iRacing. The daily race idea from GTS combined with the seasonal structure of iRacing would be brilliant imo.

I hope they take rivals to the next level as well, they could really take a leaf out of Dirt Rally and WRC Generations book there with daily time trial events, weekly events, structured leader boards, mix of tuned and stock etc.

Another would be a change in strategy with regard to how they deliver content. GT Sport, and to an extent, GT7, added new cars and tracks for free as part of the update patches themselves, and with FH4 and FH5, they're always adding in new exclusive cars from the Festival Playlist as part of free updates, but yet again, they still do the occasional car packs and expansions.

Another would be a change in strategy with regard to how they deliver content. GT Sport, and to an extent, GT7, added new cars and tracks for free as part of the update patches themselves, and with FH4 and FH5, they're always adding in new exclusive cars from the Festival Playlist as part of free updates, but yet again, they still do the occasional car packs and expansions.
To be honest I've never really had an issue with how they delivered content to the Forza Motorsport games. Car pass meant you know exactly how much content your getting, there was usually a free car for everyone from each pack and the post pass support was good. Always sprinkled a few extras in too as freebies.

Hopefully they do that again, I wasn't a fan of how FH5 and I think FH4 where there were 2 new cars released every week. Kind of felt less special than getting a juicy pack of 6 or 8 cars drop with a trailer like FM7.

Last edited:
I'm fine with car packs that are fairly priced for the content they provide. I played iRacing for years, I'm not against paying money for a good product. I would prefer a car pack style model to a microtransaction-funded "free" model, although I recognise that with an online game there are potential hurdles with regards to balance. I think the obvious way around that is to deliver car packs that are a complete group of cars designed to race together - that way either you have access to all the cars in a class or none of them.

I'm very fine with expansions - I think they're criminally under-utilised compared to the abundance of microtransactions in games in general. Again, I'm totally okay with paying money for a good product. If the base product is worth the price I paid for it and the expansion is worth the price I paid for it then I have absolutely no complaints. I like the idea that you know up-front what you're paying for and that it's available in discrete packages.
Hopefully they do that again, I wasn't a Dan of how FH5 and I think FH4 where there were 2 new cars released every week. Kind of felt less special than getting a juicy pack of 6 or 8 cars drop with a trailer like FM7.
I feel much the same. I get that they want people to log in every week, but I'd rather get big content drops that I can dig my teeth into for a while. When it's done, I'll just go play something else in my entirely too large Steam/Epic libraries, but the trickle-feeding just makes me never really get that feeling that I'm finished with what I wanted.

Bring back class racing, Bring back wheelspins, and take that boring reward system out from fm7, car packs was not good in my opinion in fm7 at the most part,
To many suvs, and none of that come free, not a single new track either since release, while gt sport added 10 new tracks in its life, i had better experince with gt sport and that game was still seriously lacking for gran turismo game
But still enjoyed it more than fm7 overall

The career mode was worst in fm7, was much better in previous games, the progression is not that great either, to easy to obtain the faster cars, i prefer begin with slower cars and work my self up, fm3 and fm4 did this good, i always liked gran turismo career mode and progression way more than forza, besides races, you have missions licenses witch adds more to the experince in my opinion

Last edited:
I'm in 2 minds about this one. Don't really want to shell out for another console so would be playing on gamepass/xcloud (Edge on Mac). It worked ok for FH4/5 (trials, eliminator, tours, etc) but I don't think the connection would hold up for proper online racing. Plus I'd be left behind when the inevitable expansions come out.

Maybe if the XSS has another big sale and drops into the £150 range.

I'm in 2 minds about this one. Don't really want to shell out for another console so would be playing on gamepass/xcloud (Edge on Mac). It worked ok for FH4/5 (trials, eliminator, tours, etc) but I don't think the connection would hold up for proper online racing. Plus I'd be left behind when the inevitable expansions come out.

Maybe if the XSS has another big sale and drops into the £150 range.
I'm in the same boat. I have the PS5, bought mainly for GT7, most of the games I play are cross platform and GT7 has been a disappointment. The event is going to be a big marker as to whether I make the switch from PS5 to XSX.

Imagine the Nordschleife with generation updated environment like maple valley. I would be sold.
Hope they show more tracks next week.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. I have the PS5, bought mainly for GT7, most of the games I play are cross platform and GT7 has been a disappointment. The event is going to be a big marker as to whether I make the switch from PS5 to XSX.
I'm pretty much locked into the PS ecosystem at this point, don't think I'd be making a permanent transfer back to Xbox land. Still have a huge backlog to work through, and Spidey 2 is coming.

This is more of a complimentary 2nd system situation. Sold my Switch and will probably just steal the nephew's one to play BOTW 2 (he already borrowed all my games and Pro Controller, so owes me one). I thought about the Steam Deck instead but that's an even more expensive investment, especially as it'll turn into a Stardew timesink. Don't really care about the graphical differences between the XSX and XSS, with my old eyes I can't tell the difference half the time, so the lesser machine would be fine - I'm just being cheap. Probably need another exclusive to make it worth it, don't think Starfield is it, not sure what else is coming.

Let's hope the FM reviews aren't too good and I can hold off for a while.

I'm pretty much locked into the PS ecosystem at this point, don't think I'd be making a permanent transfer back to Xbox land. Still have a huge backlog to work through, and Spidey 2 is coming.

This is more of a complimentary 2nd system situation. Sold my Switch and will probably just steal the nephew's one to play BOTW 2 (he already borrowed all my games and Pro Controller, so owes me one). I thought about the Steam Deck instead but that's an even more expensive investment, especially as it'll turn into a Stardew timesink. Don't really care about the graphical differences between the XSX and XSS, with my old eyes I can't tell the difference half the time, so the lesser machine would be fine - I'm just being cheap. Probably need another exclusive to make it worth it, don't think Starfield is it, not sure what else is coming.

Let's hope the FM reviews aren't too good and I can hold off for a while.
drew-scanlon-blonde-guy.gif

Imagine the Nordschleife with generation updated environment like maple valley. I would be sold.
Hope they show more tracks next week.
I remember FM5 being launched without the Nürburgring.. that was quite a controversy

So, saw this video and it was mentioned that Turn 10 mispoke and made public there are 30 tracks? I don't remember hearing that anywhere. Anyway, there is a list of confirmed cars too. A lot of known information but just 4 days old and a good refresher of news.

So, saw this video and it was mentioned that Turn 10 mispoke and made public there are 30 tracks? I don't remember hearing that anywhere. Anyway, there is a list of confirmed cars too. A lot of known information but just 4 days old and a good refresher of news.

30 would mean it will be 3 less than fm7, meaning we will be losing a few.

I expect tracks like Dubai, Rio, Top Gear, Prague, Test track and Lime rock to be removed. They will add some new real world tracks and hopefully Fujimi Kaido. With the level of detail they showed on the tracks and dynamic tod/weather, Fujimi Kaido would be gorgeous.

If its 30 we'll almost certainly lose Top Gear and maybe the Airfield test track, plus at least 2 more as Hakone is new.

I'd take it as a throwaway comment for now. 30 is still a strong number given that from 33 locations we had over 100 layouts in FM7. But I wouldn't have expected less.

I expect tracks like Dubai, Rio, Top Gear, Prague, Test track and Lime rock to be removed. They will add some new real world tracks and hopefully Fujimi Kaido. With the level of detail they showed on the tracks and dynamic tod/weather, Fujimi Kaido would be gorgeous.

Can't see any reason why we would lose Dubai, Prague or Rio. Top Gear and test track most likely. Not sure why they would remove Lime Rock either.

Th
If its 30 we'll almost certainly lose Top Gear and maybe the Airfield test track, plus at least 2 more as Hakone is new.

I'd take it as a throwaway comment for now. 30 is still a strong number given that from 33 locations we had over 100 layouts in FM7. But I wouldn't have expected less.
The "over 30 tracks" statement from GDC could just be referring to FM7 too. So it might be nothing.

If tracks were to be removed, I agree that top gear and airfield are gone for sure.

Can't see any reason why we would lose Dubai, Prague or Rio. Top Gear and test track most likely. Not sure why they would remove Lime Rock either.
Recreating assets and Turn 10's history with older fantasy tracks. Every gen they take out mostly the fanstasy tracks from the previous gen. And updating all the track assets to the new standard will take too much time for them i think. they would prolly use that time on new real world tracks. I would love to see a next gen version of those tracks with dynamic tod and weather, but im not counting on it tbh.

I hope they don’t release it in March, at least May. That would at least give me time to finish my simulation rig and get that new S95C by Samsung. I need to witness this game in all its glory. Nevertheless, I’m pretty stocked for this game. I been playing since 2007 with FM2 when I was a youngin lol. I’m just hoping they are really going all in with this. Make no sense to make a bold statement by doing a refresh and then being a rehash of FM7.

I hope they don’t release it in March, at least May. That would at least give me time to finish my simulation rig and get that new S95C by Samsung. I need to witness this game in all its glory. Nevertheless, I’m pretty stocked for this game. I been playing since 2007 with FM2 when I was a youngin lol. I’m just hoping they are really going all in with this. Make no sense to make a bold statement by doing a refresh and then being a rehash of FM7.
I want it for march.
I am actually stuck with GT7 because of nothing new and want Sim racing in all its glory!

The fantasy tracks are always kind of a weird discussion in Forza-land, as they are often very polarizing circuits and the opinions on them vary pretty wildly, even with people on the same "side" of whether or not they like the track. It seems most wouldn't be too sad to see them go though, so if we are losing some, better them than good real world circuits.

Weird to think Lime Rock is likely to be removed though... I mean sure it's possible, but the series is really lacking when it comes to good short tracks so losing Lime Rock would be a big hit.

Back