New Gran Turismo 7 Video Details PS5 Improvements, Reveals New Cars & Teases Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter Famine
  • 261 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
So no ray tracing in game? That’s a bummer, if true. Just give me 1440p upscale with raytracing instead of native 4k. More options is always better than less. Insomniac’s approach should be a gold standard and an expectation from first party studios at this point.

The cars look way more bouncy to me. Like there is way more visual work going on with the suspension model. The lighting seems to be miles beyond what Sport was produced. Which was amazing in its own right, but the lighting in 7 :drool:
I know some people here thought the same after seeing the last trailer which could have also been just improvements to the cockpit view, but I get that same impression here as well. There seems to be more going on with the suspension, not sure if its just made up for the trailer though.

Last edited:
And by the way, the lines through the video really confirms Apricot Hill💥
Only if Apricot Hill is Daytona Road Course.

1639681546016.png

Can I just say I absolutely love the addition of pre-war era cars?... There may not be much use for them in regular races, but if there's enough for a special event race? That'd be awesome.

I still miss the ones from GT4...
If it's one step closer to bringing this into Gran Turismo, then I'm all for it:

Napier Railton October 2021.jpg

Can just imagine myself trying to wrestle it around the virtual Goodwood Circuit (and yes, that is a photo I took of the real machine on a visit to my local air museum this year)...

I saw some mentioned a R390 but just didn't find it. Anyway it would be some mystery and guess for the 40ish cars remaining unknown. Maybe some Japanese beauties, we've almost known all of the German newcomers.
Also although PS5 looks so juicy, I'll just wait for March 2022 to come and play it on a humble PS4 with a humble DualShock 4.
I don't think there would be another delay.

If the 428 final car count is true, we have 46 out of 90 new cars shown.

Out of these 46, only 9 are Japanese. Here's hoping that out of the 44 cars left, at least half are Japanese.

My JDM fan self is a little bit apprehensive.

So no ray tracing in game? That’s a bummer, if true. Just give me 1440p upscale with raytracing instead of native 4k. More options is always better than less. Insomniac’s approach should be a gold standard and an expectation from first party studios at this point.

Could not care less about RT but agree wholeheartedly.

The road course. The oval was confirmed in the announcement trailer, and it really wouldn't make any sense to leave out the road course at all.
Of course, I didn't suggest otherwise.

Back