New hitman Game announced

• Thread starter mika haka
  • 97 comments
I haven't played the previous games but with this one there's some cutscenes at the start then it's pretty much a 2 minute cutscene after each of the locations (the whole game probably consists of 25 minutes of cutscenes in total).

The main story is barely told via the gameplay (I can only think of one instance) but I don't think people are buying it for that anyway, the story isn't bad there's just not much of it.

The last ones laid a back story about him being a clone, but yet different from those he came from, and a bigger corruption ring which sets up him going against the group who created him. This explains also who he is, the 47th version and the first in his series of clones, which is all information given on the bar code on the back of his neck, along with date of birth. There is quite a detailed story on Hitman, that rivals ironically that of Snake from Metal Gear as far as the whole sneaking, spy, shooter game genre goes. Both are pretty well built characters. So it's sad to hear that the story in this game or the missions hold little connection. Past games this wasn't the case, and I recall absolution I believe (one of the ones on PS2) had mission directly related to building the story of 47.

The last ones laid a back story about him being a clone, but yet different from those he came from, and a bigger corruption ring which sets up him going against the group who created him. This explains also who he is, the 47th version and the first in his series of clones, which is all information given on the bar code on the back of his neck, along with date of birth. There is quite a detailed story on Hitman, that rivals ironically that of Snake from Metal Gear as far as the whole sneaking, spy, shooter game genre goes. Both are pretty well built characters. So it's sad to hear that the story in this game or the missions hold little connection. Past games this wasn't the case, and I recall absolution I believe (one of the ones on PS2) had mission directly related to building the story of 47.
If you enjoyed the previous games then you should probably get it at some point because I get the impression over on the Hitman subreddit that this is one of the best in the series.

If you enjoyed the previous games then you should probably get it at some point because I get the impression over on the Hitman subreddit that this is one of the best in the series.

I've heard, but you have to convince my significant other of that purchase ;)

But thanks for the heads up, it's good to keep in mind if I ever do get the chance.

Played for a few hours yesterday and I am loving it so far. Played all of the levels, except Japan, at least once but I still haven't managed to complete 1 of them yet. The story seems decent enough, even if it is only told through a few short cutscenes. Gameplay wise it's excellent, and overall it's easily the best game in the HITMAN series so far.

Hardly surprising? I mean, how many like me waited for it to go on sale and only bought one map? I bought Sapienza because I liked the setting. Still haven't played it yet, either.

VXR
Hardly surprising? I mean, how many like me waited for it to go on sale and only bought one map? I bought Sapienza because I liked the setting. Still haven't played it yet, either.
I got bored of it after a bunch of runs of each map but there are a lot of people who still play it and were hoping for a Season 2. Maybe it'll still happen if whoever buys IOI also buys the HITMAN licence as well (not sure if it would be included since I'm not 100% sure who exactly owns it).

Also, apparantly HITMAN sold terribly compared to Absolution. Absolution sold over 3M while HITMAN (2016) sales are only around 600K.

I feel the episodic release and all the time limited content is what put a lot of people off. Would've been a whole lot better if they released the game in one go, with all the Elusive Targets (which would need to be replayable) included.

It's a shame that the game did so poorly, one of my favourite games of last year and certainly one of the better Square Enix published games in recent years. I think the episodic approach is fine but it seems to have really hindered its success.

It's a shame that the game did so poorly, one of my favourite games of last year and certainly one of the better Square Enix published games in recent years. I think the episodic approach is fine but it seems to have really hindered its success.
Same here, I really enjoyed it.

As it turns out, Hitman 2 was at E3 in the form of a demo, and the stage that was features was a Miami racetrack, with LMP-looking vehicles and all.

So no chat on Hitman 2 shame as I've been enjoying it.

Time limited target called the Snow Festival.

I recently tried to get into Hitman for a third time after bouncing off it twice, despite it being a clearly superior sequel to the PS2-era games I loved, this time I've gotten properly hooked - so much so that I got Hitman 2 and re-did everything I'd done in Hitman because the save file didn't transfer.

Last night I reached a significant milestone in that I finally did Colorado silent assassin suit only on Master difficulty without looking up any guides. There was a LOT of trial and error involved and I got Parvati and Graves in "accidents" within the first two minutes (sniped the chandelier and hay bale, using the speedrun timer as a reference as I couldn't see them and aim at the same time), the rest was quite challenging.

So now I've done all the Hitman challenges except for killing Parvati and Rose with the ram, some contract-only challenges in Colorado, none of the Patient Zero stuff and The Icon silent assassin suit only, which I gave up on because I tried it before doing some suit only runs that required proper stealth (Marrakesh, Colorado and Hokkaido), so I'm fairly confident I could work it out now.

I'm over 100 hours into Hitman 2 and haven't actually started on the Hitman 2 content yet!

Hitman 3, conclusion to the trilogy, is coming this Wednesday. I'm excited. Going to try to hold myself back and wait for a sale, which will probably happen in the next few months, but it will be tough.

I've been playing through the first two games again to get myself back into swing of things. I've played through them both back in the day on PC, but rushed through it (only played through each mission once). Now, on PS5, I'm trying to take my time with the levels - played through some multiple times already, turned down the mission guides to minimum setting, and am really enjoying the game this way. Some levels I didn't really like before are starting to click. I haven't finished the H2 base content yet and I've never played through the DLC missions of H2 (NY and Maldives) and I hear those are really good, so looking forward to it.

As I'm playing through it again, I am trying to arrange the levels from best to worst in my mind, and would be interested to hear what you guys think.
This is my top 5 (which may change once I play through the two DLC missions of Hitman 2):

1) Paris - The level that got the whole thing going again. Lots of ways to take out targets, lots of disguises, great map design, interesting setting. Great level that I still like to play even though it's the one I probably spent the most hours on.
2) Sapienza - Great map design, again. Interesting targets and very flexible in terms of how you approach the kills. Again, good amount of disguises that can get you through the level. Only thing bringing it down a bit is the virus objective. Still, it's excellent overall, and there are even a couple of bonus missions that get some extra mileage out of the map that are pretty decent.
3) Miami - Like the setting, the visuals, map design, and again amount of options to approach the mission. It gives me a very similar feeling to Paris in terms of how it plays and that is a good thing in my book.
4) Mumbai - I know some people rank it lower because the map is a bit spread out, but I like it. I think part of it is the beautiful city setting and the fact that they have some different voice actors in Hitman 2 helps a lot. If it was like in Hitman 1 with everyone speaking with a midwestern American accent, I may have not liked it as much. Another thing is the fact that you can have
Kashmirian take out targets for you,
which is genius, I think.
5) Hokkaido - The main mission here is very good and the fact that they made one of the targets stationary, yet still allow you to take him out in a variety of different ways, is an achievement. Again, like the other missions that I rate highly, the atmosphere here is very unique and memorable. Another thing that elevates this location for me is an excellent bonus mission Patient Zero.

Overall, even though my top two levels are from Hitman 1, I think Hitman 2 has higher quality on average and I want to play through most levels multiple times, whereas maps like Colorado or Marrakesh in Hitman 1 are some of my least favorite ones to replay. If IO continues this trend of bringing up the average map quality with Hitman 3, I think we'll have a wonderful conclusion to the series that will happily occupy limited space on my SSD for years to come.

Oh yeah, one note about that, is that apparently Hitman 3, with all of the maps from Hitman 1 and 2 included, will only take up around 70 GB of space. Hitman 2 with Hitman 1 maps is currently taking up around 120 GB on my PS5, so the new compression tech they will be using will essentially cut the size of the game(s) in half. Great bonus!

Last edited:
I look forward to playing it in a year, since the PC version is an Epic exclusive and content owned on Steam doesn't transfer, so I'd need to buy Hitman 2 again (I think the first game will be free, not sure). It's a shame, the Hitman games are insanely good and I think they don't get enough recognition for how good they are, but IO Interactive really isn't shy about gauging its customers and adding stuff like time-limited content in a single player game and always online DRM that actually soft locked my game last night when I lost my connection to the server while loading a checkpoint.

The funny thing is until Thursday I hadn't played Hitman 2 since my last post here and I've since put another ten hours in... And I've still not played much Hitman 2 content. There's so much to do and it's almost all very good, although some of the 5-stage escalations are pretty boring and other missions are dependent on you having perfect knowledge of the levels, taking a break for over a year like I have has not exactly done me any favours. Luckily I don't have much more to do in Hokkaido or Colorado now - both very hard - so I'll probably move on after I do the Patient Zero challenges. The Kotti Paradigm (a Paris escalation) was impossible for me without using a guide because I'd forgotten about one trick you can do which I think was in a mission story.

Last edited:
Could have swore I posted in this thread before, but don't see a post of mine in here without doing a search.

I loved Blood Money as a kid and played through it more than once and would often speedrun missions or give myself different challenges. I liked Absolution on PS3 IIRC. It wasn't as much like Blood Money as I had wanted it to be, but hey, it's a new game. I still liked it.

Now I'm wanting to get back into the series and need to do some research on how to go about getting all of these at a decent price, and to figure out whether or not I want to play it on PC or console. I prefer console for these game because I'm not great with mouse and keyboard. But I'll do some research and see...

Could have swore I posted in this thread before, but don't see a post of mine in here without doing a search.

I loved Blood Money as a kid and played through it more than once and would often speedrun missions or give myself different challenges. I liked Absolution on PS3 IIRC. It wasn't as much like Blood Money as I had wanted it to be, but hey, it's a new game. I still liked it.

Now I'm wanting to get back into the series and need to do some research on how to go about getting all of these at a decent price, and to figure out whether or not I want to play it on PC or console. I prefer console for these game because I'm not great with mouse and keyboard. But I'll do some research and see...
Hitman 1 and 2 are on 80% off sale right now on PSN. Can get both for around $30.

As far as where to play, you can play with a controller on PC as well. The reason I pick console is because of 4k HDR vs 1080p non-HDR screen connected to my PC, plus PS5 is more powerful than my 4 year old 1070.

Hitman 1 and 2 are on 80% off sale right now on PSN. Can get both for around $30.

As far as where to play, you can play with a controller on PC as well. The reason I pick console is because of 4k HDR vs 1080p non-HDR screen connected to my PC, plus PS5 is more powerful than my 4 year old 1070.
I don't have a convenient way of unplugging my wheel to use controller. Looks like I'll be getting this for PS 👍

I only started playing Hitman for the first time last year. Straight away I was hooked by the level design, many ways to kill & how genius the whole thing is. I decided to take it slow to get the maximum out of it, I think it's one of those rare games that truly deserves it. I've completed the training levels 100% and spent well over 10 hours on Paris, only moving on after completing over 80%. I got stuck on The Kotti Paradigm escalation too on the second part, given up for now. I thought the Paris level was big, just arrived at Sapienza, mind blown it's absolutely massive & completely different- I love this game :)

I'm not sure when I will get H3, probably in 3 years time at this rate, but I'm already so looking forward to it 👍

Last edited:
Just finished Hitman 2 DLC maps and they were both great. Surprised how good they are given they are just DLC with a lot less time poured into them. I guess IOI really mastered their craft now. Hopefully it shows in Hitman 3 as well.

Here’s the launch trailer:

Coming back to this again. I just saved $128 buying the GOTY and Gold Edition of Hitman 1 and 2. Came in slightly over $30.

:bowdown:

Coming back to this again. I just saved $128 buying the GOTY and Gold Edition of Hitman 1 and 2. Came in slightly over $30.

:bowdown:
Nice. Enjoy! It’s a lot of fun and while GOTY edition for Hitman 1 is not really that much better than regular, like I said above the Hitman 2 DLC missions are of high quality, so you essentially get 8 locations to master instead of the usual six. The whole trilogy will now have 20 locations (not including the training missions and sniper missions), which is a lot of gameplay for those who enjoy the kind of game Hitman is.

I really wish they bring back the original elusive target challenges once in a while as I never had a chance to play them and it’s kind of unfortunate that it’s a time limited thing in a single player game.

Nice. Enjoy! It’s a lot of fun and while GOTY edition for Hitman 1 is not really that much better than regular, like I said above the Hitman 2 DLC missions are of high quality, so you essentially get 8 locations to master instead of the usual six. The whole trilogy will now have 20 locations (not including the training missions and sniper missions), which is a lot of gameplay for those who enjoy the kind of game Hitman is.

I really wish they bring back the original elusive target challenges once in a while as I never had a chance to play them and it’s kind of unfortunate that it’s a time limited thing in a single player game.
I'm very pleased with how much extra content 2 came with.

I'm a very conservative player with these games and take my time, so I'm probably looking at many months of gameplay. 👍

Well, I knew I wouldn’t last. Jumping into this day 1. Locked and (pre)loaded.
Hopefully there are no tutorial missions this time and all six are fully fleshed out maps. I’m a little suspicious of the last one right now as I feel it has the highest potential to be underwhelming. Hope to be proven wrong.
Look forward to see it run at full fat 4k, even though Hitman 2 still looks quite good in backwards compatibility.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/hitman-3-review-perfect-execution/1900-6417632/

Pretty impressive score.

I wonder if they will do an edition containing all 3 games as i own hitman on the ps4 and am now an xbox series x owner?
Seems like the game is generally well received. Basically, if you like the first two you will like this as well.

One of my concerns seemed to have been justified - there are essentially 5 “real” Hitman levels and the last one is not really a sandbox style level.

For all three games part - all levels will be included in the installation, you will need to buy access pass for the previous two games as a DLC for hitman 3 (unfortunately there is no way to unlock levels on Xbox if you bought previous games on PlayStation).

Seems xbox series x is the version to get if you have a choice.

Also Seems an extremely polished game with flawless performances on next gen consoles.

Have to say well done to io for delivering a quality game eith no faults.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back