New IGN article on GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemo2
  • 33 comments
  • 1,560 views
There was previously an oil gauge, but there is also a fuel gauge, too, leading us to believe that the endurance races will have you pit in for more than just tires and oil this time around.

did i miss something in gt3? or were they still drunk whilest writing the article?
 
But no odometer which is a great shame. They wreckon this is the final HUD so we won't be able to see our total mileage for each car this time around :(
 
no new news... i hate it when they do this.. just tell us the same old crap we already know. **** EM!
 
I don't trust IGN for almost anything thanks to their advertising-happy website, but it's nice to have such a review about GT4. And when it said "But the biggest news, at least to the discerning GT fan, is that..." I thought they were going to talk about online play (as usual). But with the concepts of the PS3 coming about, hats off and kudos to PD. Of course, the kudos PGR2 will get is going to get slammed into its face and shoved up its candy ass.

Gran Turismo 4. The Drive of Your Life. And for good reason.
 
You couldn't pit for oil, we've known about the g-force meter for a while and dropping the odometer would be stupid, so wait and see before you collapse in dismay.
 
Yeah. The odometer hads realism. Even if it does just show miles.

BTW...WTF? According to the article, a beta version hasn't even been tested.

And I hope the rear view mirror looks better.
B/C in GT3, the cars were MUCH much closer than they appeared.
 
Boy, that was pretty pointless to read. Why did IGN get an idiot to write that up for them? Well, that's IGN for ya'. No new info; just rehashing what we already knew about the game. Another worthless article, only to get us to click on a link to their website. Bastards.
 
I like the pics they get, but the sometimes tuin it with their logo.
 
Thats what I noticed. I wanted to see the gas meter but it was in the way. It's amazing people get paid to tell you that the thing that says lap is the lap counter. WoW I didn't realize that. :grumpy:
 
But they have good videos.

They have the GT4 intro and ENDING on their site. But you have to be a member.
 
At least some pedestrians will be in 3D, which is somewhat better than the cardboard. It also looks like the rear-view mirror background will be improved significantly well. :)
 
Better than GT3. In GT3's you could look in it, and not seen anything, and look back in the other view and it's right there. Hopefully, it'll be more acurate.
 
yeah it did look good. Though they said it probably wouldn't look so good on the final version. I don't know why it wouldn't look that good thou
 
McLaren F1GTR
...And I hope the rear view mirror looks better.
B/C in GT3, the cars were MUCH much closer than they appeared.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it is with a real rear view mirror? 💡
 
Variable things other than cars didn't appear in the rear vision mirror. Static things like the track were present, the cars were present, but variables like cones and signs were culled.

Edit: Objects in mirrors are closer than they appear ^_^
 
Well, usually if a car is right on your bumper, you can see it easily. But in GT3, you can barely see it.
 
The question we have to ask is, is the odometer missing or deleted?
If it is deleted that means used cars will not have worn engines and there will be no HP drop due to dirty oil.
However it causes a problem if it is not present in working out fuel consumption accurately.
It may only be missing on this early build version.
And I noticed Acura in the US car listings. Is the 359 looking!
 
Being another demo build PD have no reason to include the odometer. I'll bet my left nut it will be included in the final game. If they don't then they are going backwards because it added a sence of ownership to GT3. Thats probably why the fuel and oil light dosen't light up in the demo....theres simpily no need to show it,no one plays the demo for long enough for PD to include it at this time.
 
xcsti
yeah it did look good. Though they said it probably wouldn't look so good on the final version. I don't know why it wouldn't look that good thou

Yeah I didn't understand that comment about this is the rear view but don't expect it to look this good?! Eh?!

Another thing I picked up on was that they implied that you can customise your UI with what you want/need... so maybe things like the Odo will be an optional extra for those that want it? Either way though the cars will still have their mileage logged.

C.
 
So far we have only seen Arcade cars, so that should explain the absence of the odometer. I can't believe they'd take that out of the final game.

And boy, does my 'boss' at IGN have a good reputation with some of you guys. Can't wait to show him this thread. :D
 
Arwin
So far we have only seen Arcade cars, so that should explain the absence of the odometer.

Damn good point my man...

However... what about the appearance of the fuel and oil lights... (And that someone got the oil light on in Prologue)... Would they need to be in Arcade Mode?

C.
 
Isn't the picture they are using to describe the HUD an old "mock up" screen that is not even "in game".

It was in a thread on here somewhere a while back now. I think cobragt posted it as an example of "the human element" (sighs...) and someone pointed out that the map is way too large. The speedo is also in mph (something I welcome) but the suggested gear is floating half way up the screen.

I am sure that picture is old :odd:
 
Mr P510
I'll bet my left nut it will be included in the final game.

I'm gonna hold you to that, no pun intended.

IGN is the most up to date, informative, interesting and ad-free video gaming news site on the entire Internet, with original, fresh and entertaining content added daily. How could we possibly fault them?
 
I doubt that it is car specific, but that gauge cluster is right out of an Acura Integra GS-R it looks like. Font and redline and everything...if I remember correctly, can anyone comfirm this?
-Colin
 
Back