New IGN Video - McLaren F1 on Nurburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter ALPHA
  • 59 comments
  • 3,616 views
98cobra
Does the McLaren really sound like that. I've never heard one in person and it kinda sounds like the Jaguar race car on GT3.


To answer that...no not really. I've seen more than 2 race once, but onely once have I seen go alone. It sounds a lot better. I think there's a member here who has footage of the F1 GTR and other cars.
 
McLaren'sAngel... COME ON DOWN! Don't worry, GTPlanet will provide EMTs in case you faint at your "baby boy." You know we can't have a McLaren talk without her.

And as far as the video goes, I haven't downloaded it. I may not based on these comments. With the older videos of GT4, I'd like to see the McLaren F1 racing in New York, then download that bad boy. As far as the race car sound itself, don't worry. It's only the middle of September. So we may hear and see improvement come November.
 
JohnBM01
McLaren'sAngel... COME ON DOWN! Don't worry, GTPlanet will provide EMTs in case you faint at your "baby boy." You know we can't have a McLaren talk without her.

And as far as the video goes, I haven't downloaded it. I may not based on these comments. With the older videos of GT4, I'd like to see the McLaren F1 racing in New York, then download that bad boy. As far as the race car sound itself, don't worry. It's only the middle of September. So we may hear and see improvement come November.

IF PD didn’t get a sound recording when the car was tested, it is highly doubtful that they will incorporate it. Anyway I shouldn’t take up too much of your time john as I am sure that you are presently preoccupied changing into your Mcalter ego… :O :O :O

Edit
Meow
 
this track looks so decieving and i love the writing on the track and the way the car started squirming under heavy braking
 
The video is fantastic, but...
My video has no sound! Can someone help me? :indiff:
 
The McLaren F1 in Prologue sounds exactly like the Polyphony 001 F1 car featured in GT3.
indifferent.gif
 
About the AI, his Mclaren had probably 100+ horse power over the rest of the pack (most of them being DTM) so he should of been quite a bit ahead. Its hard to tell about the actuall intelegence of them because he wasnt being the most carefull of drivers.
At the end the lead Mclaren had 8 seconds over him. God I cant wait for TGS to come, I really hope theres some good AI footage
 
davygravy
this track looks so decieving and i love the writing on the track and the way the car started squirming under heavy braking
Yes! That was one area where I think the sounds were improved.
 
JohnBM01
McLaren'sAngel... COME ON DOWN! Don't worry, GTPlanet will provide EMTs in case you faint at your "baby boy." You know we can't have a McLaren talk without her.

And as far as the video goes, I haven't downloaded it. I may not based on these comments. With the older videos of GT4, I'd like to see the McLaren F1 racing in New York, then download that bad boy. As far as the race car sound itself, don't worry. It's only the middle of September. So we may hear and see improvement come November.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

:crazy: :crazy: :drool: :eek: After watching that video...I WANT TO :censored:ING KICK THE GUY OFF THAT CHAIR AND PLAY IT MYSELF! MINE MINE MINE! :O:O:O IF A SECURITY WAS TO TRY TO TAKE ME OFF THAT CHAIR...THEY GONNA HAVE TO PRY MY DEAD FINGERS OFF!!!! :mad: :( He makes McCutey make some booboo on the course! Look what he did to it at that sharp turn...he let McCutey skid off onto the grass...It's like pushing McCutey into the MUD! :(:(

aaaaaaahh MISTREATMENT !!! :mad: NAUGHTY! :crazy: I promise to my future McCutey that will be saved into my memory card that I will drive it smoothly, gently, and efficiently...unlike the way that person drove it several times :grumpy:

:O I am sorry for my little harsh langauge gentlemens! :O I just can't stand seeing my baby get mistreated or misguided.
 
First thing I noticed was the sense of speed has gotten much better, and that guy really isn't the greatest driver. He stops way to soon and way to much, and goes off the track a few too many times. The AI could probably use some more work. Too bad that guy wasn't better at recording, it would be a much nicer video, you can't even see the top half of the screen.
 
Before I begin, I'd like to congratulate three college football teams for doing a great job. Those include Houston, Notre Dame, and UCLA.

I'm not going to be able to download this video nor stream it. It's too big for the space on my PC unit. So I'm going to have to pass on this and look for pictures of it in action. But Veki, 98Cobra, McLaren'sAngel and others, fear not. Because when GT4 is released, you can treat the McLaren F1 with love and respect, while all the while, taking down rivals left and right. So fear not until then. You all dig me?
 
JohnBM01
Before I begin, I'd like to congratulate three college football teams for doing a great job. Those include Houston, Notre Dame, and UCLA.

I'm not going to be able to download this video nor stream it. It's too big for the space on my PC unit. So I'm going to have to pass on this and look for pictures of it in action. But Veki, 98Cobra, McLaren'sAngel and others, fear not. Because when GT4 is released, you can treat the McLaren F1 with love and respect, while all the while, taking down rivals left and right. So fear not until then. You all dig me?

I must say john, I really do prefer your masculine side. All in good fun… :O Meow
 
JohnBM01
Before I begin, I'd like to congratulate three college football teams for doing a great job. Those include Houston, Notre Dame, and UCLA.

I'm not going to be able to download this video nor stream it. It's too big for the space on my PC unit. So I'm going to have to pass on this and look for pictures of it in action. But Veki, 98Cobra, McLaren'sAngel and others, fear not. Because when GT4 is released, you can treat the McLaren F1 with love and respect, while all the while, taking down rivals left and right. So fear not until then. You all dig me?
I dig. Can't wait to take it for a spin. 👍
 
Now, you guys might ask why aren't we getting any media on GT4? The simple answer is because, you are most likely to complain about the "BETA" build of the game, and not buy the final build, so as you can see we are left withought any media and just this MClaren "BETA" sound might make some people not buy the final game, people will watch this video and say "aww look how bootlegged this thing looks, im not buying it" and it will decrease the sales :crazy:
 
Driver's meh... sense of speed is sick though, can't wait for this game.

What was that little bar at the bottom? The one with the ball that moved back and forth...
 
Uh, are you going to keep making fun of me by trying to be like McLaren'sAngel, Samberto? Or will you cooperate?

It's been old news, Tasadar, but that bar is the G-Force meter. Want to know about G-Forces in racing? Watch a sportscar or open-wheel (other than WoO, or some other form of American sprint cars). Assuming you live in America, Tasa, if you have Speed Channel, check out the Petit Le Mans this weekend. I'm going to watch that race and take a break from watching college football next weekend. That is, of course, if Speed Channel don't keep showing diet, personal fitness, or money-related commercials. Anyhow, it looks like the already-real GT4 will be even more so. I just can't wait to race the LMP race cars (search for my topic entitled "The Debut of LMP Race Cars" to read about LMP race cars in GT4).
 
so who has the sound clip of the real Mclaren F1?
 
I've got some McLaren audio if someone will host it.






p.s

I hope they've done the McLaren F1 justice in regards to its glorious 627bhp 6.1 litre V12.


Note: I haven't seen the video myself, I'm only going by what many people on this thread have said.

Being a GT newcomer - do the cars normally sound true to life or is it just their looks & handling that are realistic?
 
I don't know what's so bad about the driver. Sure he missed a few turns, but I'll probably be a LOT worse on my first time through the Ring. It's not like he was completely incompetant, ramming cars, spinning around...How about you guys post videos of your first time at the Ring, in an F1, and we'll see how you do.

It's just too bad he didn't pick an LMP car...
 
rather impressive; too bad the higher resolution version is not readily available.
 
JohnBM01
Before I begin, I'd like to congratulate three college football teams for doing a great job. Those include Houston, Notre Dame, and UCLA.

I'm not going to be able to download this video nor stream it. It's too big for the space on my PC unit. So I'm going to have to pass on this and look for pictures of it in action. But Veki, 98Cobra, McLaren'sAngel and others, fear not. Because when GT4 is released, you can treat the McLaren F1 with love and respect, while all the while, taking down rivals left and right. So fear not until then. You all dig me?

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yep yep! :O I kitty dig that! :O:O
 
It’s good to see that this forum has a girly or two. I like men as much as the next man…no not like that…but I like the company of women more, yeah? Alright, well done for dodging the sexist remarks the lads sometimes make. I’d have you on my staff anytime kitten.
 
Lady McLaren is hoping to ride in that Toyota Supra once she's done with college. So I kind ot wanted to mention UCLA in that last post or so. She's going to be a UCLA Bruin. May God wish you well.

Remember that the physics engine has changed. I think it's tougher to make a stop now than ever, so you have to know your braking points and just wing it in there. Unless the driver in question just stinks at racing games (hey, GTPlanet can help! Join the club!), that McLaren F1 must have taken abuse. You all said he was good until he screwed it up later on. What? Was it a screw-up like putting Jimmy Spencer in a Lamborghini Murcielago GT-R or something? I think "Pro Race Driver" had kind of a very realistic physics engine. And if you're not careful you can get rolled during an impact in the game. Rollouts won't happen in GT4, but I'm sure racing in GT4 will be different from before. You players liked the notion that you can own the McLaren F1 in the game and treat it with respect. Just remember. When the game comes out, you all can erase that video of the troublesome racer with yourself badly punishing the roughneck racer and teaching that racer to race a lovely car like that better. Make that racer your b*tch and teach that punk how to race a McLaren F1.

While I'm not really a fan of the series, congratulations to the Citgo team in the Grand-Am series for winning at Homestead. Among the teammates? Venezuelan beauty Milka Duno.
 
GTPlanet, I have an update to this topic. I had a chance to stream the video from IGN. First response? The guy's a dork. On top of that (in terms of the demo played), the menu sounds are different, and you kind of have a better chance at picking cars from a specific make. Personally, I wanted to see him take the mean BMW V12 LMR. The McLaren F1 is still not a bad choice at all. The Nurburgring Nordschliefe itself seems pretty sensational. And unlike this year's 24 hour race, it was in sunlight. I actually like this track. The time limit took away a lot of the fun of seeing how much more his racing we'd see. It was a little tough to see with that big black thing on that television. It was a highly entertaining sight if you ask me. I would have also liked to have seen the Falken Skyline GT-R (also known as "Godzilla") being raced.

Anyhow, on to what's important. Three things are important here: 1.) the driver, 2.) his/her talent, and 3.) the McLaren F1 at Nurburgring Nordschliefe. WIth McLaren'sAngel providing her support for her "baby boy," believe it or not, I have to agree. If I was at that thing, I'd have someone make a GTPlanet exclusive of myself pwning and blowing out everyone with the F1. Sure, I'm a rookie at Nurburgring Nords. But hell. I can drive better than this dope. He had good driving early on, and I seen a sweet screenshot of him flooring it going up to 300 kilometers an hour (the measurement in the demo was kph. You are free to convert to mph if you wish). Other than that, I'd like to see more of that lap, maybe even getting rid of the time limit. Time limit racing is so arcadish. The worst case I had with it was a race in "Ridge Racer V" called "99 Trial," which is 99 laps around fictional track Sunny Beach while trying to keep getting time extensions so you don't ultimately lose. And oh yeah, no pit stops.
 
Hmm. Good video.

I can see why he wasn't such a good driver. Nurburgring nords' is a quite complicated track by the looks of it and after driving the F1 my self in Prologue, I noticed the handling wasn't very good, but once I play it with a wheel I might change my mind, as it could be easier with a wheel.:)
 
I wasn't aware that the image will blur under heavy impacts. I think it looks cool when you collide with a wall or another car, but I don't know if it's necessary for it to happen when hitting bumps on the track.
 
I just remembered something, folks. Someone said that when he/she played GT4: Prologue, the car setup was kind of sucky. But if I know about weird setups, it would have to be the TVR Speed 12 hands down. If you're not careful with that degenerate bastard of a car, you'll be sliding out more than a weiner dog running on an ice rink. So perhaps the F1 isn't a tame car itself. And maybe that dope race driver just had a badly set up car.

Anyhow, we're better racers, so let's prove that when the game is released.
 
radicool02
Hmm. Good video.

I can see why he wasn't such a good driver. Nurburgring nords' is a quite complicated track by the looks of it and after driving the F1 my self in Prologue, I noticed the handling wasn't very good, but once I play it with a wheel I might change my mind, as it could be easier with a wheel.:)

The handling wasn’t very good? The F1 is without doubt one of the finer handling cars in prologue, especially if you consider the chassis corrupting power that it wields. It may lack the precision of the R390 and the Toyota GTOne, yet it’s ability to cleanly carve around a track like Cita pays testament to the handling balance.
 
I'm not trying to come up with my topic entitled "McLaren in GT4: Welcome to the Party or Uninvited?," but I would like to see that McLaren F1 GT being used in GT4. This machine is perhaps my favorite-ever McLaren F1. Only thing is, I don't want an IGN(ore) dope racing the F1 GT around Nurburgring Nords like it's a Nextel Cup race car. If you're nuts for the McLaren F1, these picutres courtesy of "GT-One Lover" will keep you occupied:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1202936&postcount=451

Other than that, I hope you like. Now while at school, I'll try to review the McLaren video more. But I like what I see with GT4. And I hope you do too, as a GT fan.
 
Back