New Member here

  • Thread starter Thread starter sauberc11
  • 38 comments
  • 1,581 views
Scaff
It is indeed, in fact in this weeks Autosport Raikkonen's old Migale SJ99 Formula Renault car can be bought for £7,500. Now thats a bargin.

Regards

Scaff

Buying the car of the greatest finn around (save Hakkinen). If only....
 
sauberc11
Hey guys, I never meant to provoke this reception!!! I don't think that my cars are anything particularly special?

How about I write "I want this car in GT5" and put it on the tail (let's face it, it is the sexiest bit of the car) of my GT500.
Don't worry - like I said, you've got nothing to prove, but that's the standard way of defraying suspicion around here. We've had kids claim to own all kinds of things...

For extensive discussion and for posting pics of your real cars (and I'd be interested to see both the GT500 and the race car), please visit our Cars In General and Pictures and Videos boards in our Automotive forum.

Cheers.
 
Hi guys,i was looking on the net to get help and found this forum,great help with tips and set up of car.:)
 
Though I've been "treed" Formula Renault is very much like Formula Ford, or Formula Vee here in the States. (Using small lightly modded Ford or Vee-dub engines in light weight racing cars that resemble Formula cars).
The cars aren't the multimillion dollar F1's. They are the multi-thousand dollar cars that are the stepping stones to the "big leagues".

BTW, SC11 welcome to the planet.
Glad to have you.:cheers:
 
Well, I have to agree with the F1 thing. Anyway, welcome to GTP. Get used to my Navy colored post, (Famine inspired me, w00t).
 
sauberc11
....and got bored after I won the 787B at 75% in GT3.

There's probably a good reason for this, judging by the quote below.....

sauberc11
....I also let B-Spec bob win some more endurances, he took the Montegi 8 hours in a bought R8 and the Tskuba 9 hours in a bought Peugeot 905 which is lots of fun!!!

I know the 2nd quote refers to GT4, however, there's no disguising the huge overkill factor in both of the rides used to win those races. I'm thinking that your boredom in GT3 stems from acquiring a really quick car and using to murder everything in sight, which would lead to boredom.

Try some real challenges and you'll not get bored so quickly.
Myself I used a stock Toyota Sprinter Trueno Apex GT Shuichi Shigeno version (bought used, and didn't even get an oil change) to win 8hr Motegi, and a used Honda S2000 Type V for 9hr of Tsukuba (for a very rewarding 200 A-spec points and a mere 29s win margin! Nailbiting racing all the way! Click the enduros link in my signature to find the report.)
I can imagine the Peugeot 905 vs. some road cars probably approached a 29 lap lead by the end of the 1st hour!

I'm not picking at you, but you can breeze through the game in just a few quick rides and it soon becomes boring, or you can set yourself serious challenges, which makes everything more interesting! I promise!
Hope you'll take my advice and begin to enjoy the challenges of GT4.👍
 
Gil
Though I've been "treed" Formula Renault is very much like Formula Ford, or Formula Vee here in the States. (Using small lightly modded Ford or Vee-dub engines in light weight racing cars that resemble Formula cars).
The cars aren't the multimillion dollar F1's. They are the multi-thousand dollar cars that are the stepping stones to the "big leagues".

BTW, SC11 welcome to the planet.
Glad to have you.:cheers:

Mazda has a 75,000 dollar car like what you're describing (here in the USA).
Saw it on speed one day a few months ago (not sure if the race series is still running though).

Also, I've got to back Small_horses on his most recent post in this thread.

I'm sorry to say it, but you just can't complain about a game being boring when you take the easiest path to completion.

I'm not saying you've got to go with the racing Smallhorses suggested, but simply using something less amazing would be a good start. 👍

On that note, I recently did a race that Smallhorses might find interesting... Ok, not really, but here it is...

RX7 Spirit R Type A @ 320 hp (approximately) with Stage 3 weight reduction.
El Capitan Enduro ... 200 points. 👍

Sure it was the weakest form of overkill ever but I still enjoyed running 66laps on el capitan without ever touching the B-Spec mode. :D
 
I agree with kent, but I dont see what difference it made from smallhorses post:
Try some real challenges and you'll not get bored so quickly.

Bit the same IMO;)
 
Back