Clutch - upcoming narrative-led open-world driving game from ex Forza Horizon devs, launching spring 2027 on consoles & PC

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fezzik
  • 214 comments
  • 38,220 views
I have to be honest, the UI is a real turn off. The tall skinny numbers and all-caps letters are hard to read at a glance, and the fake AR effect that makes it constantly wiggling around like it's being projected from the back bumper of the car is very distracting. The former I guess I could deal with, but if the UI can't be made static then... yeah, nah.
 


Some interesting insights.

Baked-in assistance to the driving physics/handling and rubber banding AI doesn't sound great to be honest, will have to see how it actually plays.
Still working towards wheel support and also triple screens for the PC people, doesn't sound like they'll de definites for launch.
Free and paid DLC after launch, not season passes, hopefully it's not FOMO hell like the Forza playlist stuff.
Some rally-inspired areas of the map around Monaco, but not 1-1 recreations of the actual roads/stages.
VR not something they are working on (as it's UE5 it may be modded in for PC).

I hope that they’ll be able to confirm performance modes for base PS5 and XBSX in the near future. Sounded uncertain…or maybe it was only regarding Series S?
 
GAMESCOM display and look around. They bought some nice cars over to their display and had some time trials and feedback. I am looking forward to this the more I read and see of the detail that is going in to this game and I like they are getting so involved with the community and showing each stage of development in their videos.

 
I hope some of the eccentricity of the devs makes it into the game now they're mostly independent, rather than the corporateness of the recent Horizons they worked on. I also really like Mike's pink Porsche.
 
I hope some of the eccentricity of the devs makes it into the game now they're mostly independent, rather than the corporateness of the recent Horizons they worked on. I also really like Mike's pink Porsche.
Hopefully, this is what I also feel. They now have huge creative freedom away from Forza Horizon and their own art and ideas should shine through!
 
Back