New Need for Speed Unbound Trailer Reveals Gameplay Glimpse and "Tags"

• Thread starter Famine
  • 41 comments
I only see micro-transactions here. Whatever decent gameplay there is to see, it's obscured by them. So that's a NO from me. If people actually complain about GT7's micro-transactions I suspect they will have apoplexy over this game.

I would look forward to playing this along with Forza Horizon 6 & Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown.

To me, Forza Horizon, Test Drive Unlimited, The Crew and Need For Speed are the greatest arcade-style open-world driving game IPs that ever exist in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm glad the tags are optional I won't be using them too much. My children like them though

Driver San Francisco is better than all of those.
That's your opinion and Driver San Francisco is more of a mission-based driving game.

Anyway, I much prefer the Driver series to The Simpsons Hit & Run, because of the car handling, soundtrack, characters, maps, story and everything else.

The screenshot showing these in the menu shows that at least one of them is unlocked via in-game progress ("Complete Qualifier 2"):

c531tbcoa7t91.png

Last edited:
While it's a good thing to be able to turn these effects off, I'm afraid there's not much to unlock other than more effects. This feature might take a big spot in the game, on cost of other things. I'm not too convinced yet...

Crappy arcade drifty physics are still present to this is already a letdown. Games are striving to archive a very realistic feeling or at least a well balanced driving experience. Tap brake to get 180 degree sideways is so outdated by now, I can't understant why NFS dudes can't figure it out.

whoops did not look I was going to say that Crown Vic. looked like a Chaser from a distance.

Last edited:
Crappy arcade drifty physics are still present to this is already a letdown. Games are striving to archive a very realistic feeling or at least a well balanced driving experience. Tap brake to get 180 degree sideways is so outdated by now, I can't understant why NFS dudes can't figure it out.
If you’re complaining about Arcade physics, you’re probably on the wrong thread
Just saying

I hope that the little avatar that appears above the car in certain situations can be toggled off. I do actually like the "Tags," but I'm not crazy about those little icons because they look like they'll obstruct a portion of the screen during gameplay.

Maybe I’m pessimistic right but I think there’s a lack of wording on the turning on or off of the effects…

Can you turn off the effects, ie not install them on your car but they remain on your opponents cars?

Last edited:
Pretty sure the AI will still use them but the ones on AI is not as intrusive as the players effects.

Going by that short clip, AI seem to have the same cel shaded smokes but they don't have the extra icons and patterns coming out of the car when they drifts or the row of icons when they hit the nos. Probably won't have a pair of wings showing up on AI cars taking a jump too.

My guess is in online, other players effect probably work like AI cars in single player too.

Back