New! ONLINE B-spec Challenge Seasonal Event

• Thread starter bigburt82
  • 133 comments
High Speed Ring- New Beetle RSI
Rome- Ford RS200
Tokyo- Ford GT Test Car

i actually thought i was going to lose the Tokyo one, but my drivers know better

I think however deluded any individual ever gets about the value of their own opinion on the matter of anything on the planet you care to name - it doesn't amount to ****e in the end. Its worthless and why am I even trying to be logical? I'll just be accused of being a hypocrite or hater or some such other nonsense...

That said Tokyo fun with the Gilet Race Car pulled it out o the bag on the last lap - nice!

High Speed Ring- Golf V GTI '05
Rome- Buick GNX '87
Tokyo- Nissan GT-R '07

Of course are all modified in some manner. I don't think I issued any commands in any of the races except for the Rome race where I had to Pace Up several times on the last lap. I really wanted the GNX to win.

Rather than just a B-Spec Seasonal, I would have liked to see it released as an A-Spec as well so it can cater to people who don't care for B-Spec.

I don't mind it being B-Spec but do think PD should have released in both A & B Spec flavours so all are happy :)

I wonder if this is where things are headed - every week or two, we get an A-spec race, a B-spec version of the same race, a Drift Trial, and a Time Trial.

I'd definitely be okay with that.

Or they could just intro the B-spec version first, give it a week, then release the A-spec version of the same races. Kind of a "You think you can do better than your Bobs? Prove it!" type of challenge.

Kind of a "You think you can do better than your Bobs? Prove it!" type of challenge.

That right there is what I was thinking while watching Bob race Tokyo. Although I get a kick watching him run down the leader with 2 to go and set up a pass.

Oh well, i am running a 24 hr A-spec enduro...and at the rate i can get on the PS3, it will take me about a month (maybe more, i've done about 7 hours in 2 weeks) to complete.

Trying with a Toyota Prius for the 400PP race; it's not going well >.<

Managed a second place with a lot of prodding, so so so unlucky, +0.391

Second try +0.258...

Third time lucky! +0.012

Toyota Prius TC for the 500PP race; gold first time :P. Shame there's no 600PP Prius...

Last edited:
As I posted earlier, not really interested in B-Spec but I thought I'd give this a go for minimal effort credits while entertaining my 2 yr old.

Created a 'cool' Bob, did HSR with 07 Mini Cooper - easily won with a couple of prods

Progressed with with Bob on level 13 to Rome, in Tuscan Speed 6 but he only managed 4th, so I tried a more user friendly Audi TTS and he got first on last lap.

Attempted Tokyo in a couple of race cars (Corvette Z06 and Merc CLK LM I think) but he was obviously out of his depth. If I left him he fell asleep and did 2:05 laps and if pushed he would spin. So I've sent him around Rome a few times which he will do with a single prod, so now he's at Level 23 and I have a couple of mil extra credits.

I've created a second 'hot' Bob, but he needs a bit more work - took two attempts at HSR (may have been different opponent line up though).

Still don't think I'll be playing much b-spec, but I've now got a couple of Bobs I can use for future seasonals to make some cash.

Can't actually remember all the cars I used for this. I know a Dome Zero was involved and a Zonda R for the 650pp...

I actually really enjoyed this, it was fun finding a car to get near the PP and tuning it to win. What I was thinking they should do is to have A and B spec for all seasonals, with different prizes for each.

The third race in Tokyo is buggy. The lap timer for the other cars doesn't start until your own Bob crosses the finish line. That means the first cars can do impossible lap times in their first lap (1.29.xxx), while my Bob Lvl 36 can't go faster than 1.35.8xx.

Took me some time to realize that issue, so at first I took my McLaren F1 GTR and tried to do a 1.29 lap by myself. Guess I don't have to mention that I didn't make it. :ouch:

HSR: Detuned CR-Z TC. Got to first on the second-to-last corner, and only won by 0.04 seconds because second had a lot faster straightaway speed :c

Rome: Power limited RE-Amemiya GT300... Not too difficult to win, half a lap or so when i took first. Nice fight to watch between Lotus Evora, the hybrid that is lotus-based... blanking on the name T____T'

Tokyo: I forget which car T_______T;; Fairly sure it was some kind of race car (durp). Might have been the R8 LMS :embarrassed: In any case, not a very close race. Too long, too high of a PP limit :/

EDIT: I lied, it was a furai

Last edited:
BWX
LOL- but it is currently replacing actual driving as there is no A-Spec seasonal. Instead we get B-Spec which requires no actual driving.. in GT5, the ''Real Driving Simulator''. It has nothing to do with being obligatory or not.

Think about it.

Its just there to aid in credit gaining; for most of us, we're tired of manually grinding the same tracks over and over to get the credits to tune and buy the cars.

Personally, at level 39, i could give 2 hoots about progression in the game. Im just getting credits for tuning up cars lazily, and buying the 20m racers which have hitherto been a non-starter for me, so I can enjoy them.

Honestly the games is fairly advanced in its life now, nearly a year on, so a cherry on the cake now and again like this is ok.

It's about the driving after all. Im moving away from racing, per se, at the moment and enjoying the buzz of driving more and more; trying out more and more cars from my overblown collection. Its a bit like having a huge music collection. It's nice to dip into.

I haven't yet loaded a B Seasonal, but

a) does Bob collect carreer XP?
b) can you stick your enter key to rinse and repeat all day?

Lambob
I haven't yet loaded a B Seasonal, but

a) does Bob collect carreer XP?
b) can you stick your enter key to rinse and repeat all day?

A) yes
B) no, since you have to press circle to get off the driver screen (see answer to a)

On the wider issues of b spec v a spec for seasonals, wouldn't it be good if PD supplied the race, the restrictions and the prizes, but allowing the player to decide whether to run in a spec or b spec?

Back