New pedals needed

• Thread starter hEEk
  • 25 comments
Italy
Italy
Hello everyone,
it's been a while since i had my t-gt wheel and it's default pedals (-> :yuck:)
At the moment i've been challenging @ Project Cars 2 in time trial mode, the game is superb, very simulative once you put away any driving help.. the wheel i own is superb: excellent FFB and driving, but the pedals are bad...
Since the first set-up i choosed to install the add-on in the brake pedal: it's a sort of vertical iron made accessory with a pointed rubber ball that gives smoothless to the braking also reducing the brake stroke. (sorry my english is not that good when i talk about technical arguments).
I found it decent but im noticing sometimes randomly, after 1, 2 hours of game session, the braking changes behaviour...: same pression on the pedal -> different way the car decelerates...! and you all can understand how this behaviour affects the driving, above all if you memorized all the track with all its breaking points but suddenly the car brakes in a different way, letting you lose your orientation about your usual drive tactic... this all is very disappointing. Moreover this crappy pedals destroy my left heel after 1, 2 hours of driving! The base is so hard... you can't confortably keep your foot down there for 60 minutes without pain! (maybe this last problem is only MY problem but im sure i could solve with another set of different pedals).
That's why atm i am looking for a better pedals to associate with my t-gt wheel that, apart from some missing downshifts with the left pad, is doing perfectly its job still after years of gaming.
I would like to have fanatec csl elite pedals, if i well remember the name, the ones with only 2 pedals and the possibility to regulate distance among them.
Do you think i have the chance to associate it to the t-gt on my PS5 and my playseat? Connections between wheel and csl pedals are the same that the crappy t-gt pedals ones? It's sure i don't need any adapter? (i would prefer not to buy toys like those adapter because i doubt about their functionality and above all compatibility)
Or you would suggest me to get a new rig (wheel and pedals) from Fanatec? I have seen today on fanatec website that the bundle: CSL Elite Racing Wheel and CSL Elite Pedals
together are around 570€.
My preference would be of course to keep my t-gt and try the new pedals, also because i am used with my wheel and its responsiveness to my driving style (that i cannot change :lol:) and i would need only better pedals.
I am also opened to a different set of pedals, if Fanatec ones aren't compatible with t-gt wheel, thrustmaster like the primary alternative.
Any feedback will be very appreciated. Thank you for your attention

Hello everyone,
it's been a while since i had my t-gt wheel and it's default pedals (-> :yuck:)
At the moment i've been challenging @ Project Cars 2 in time trial mode, the game is superb, very simulative once you put away any driving help.. the wheel i own is superb: excellent FFB and driving, but the pedals are bad...
Since the first set-up i choosed to install the add-on in the brake pedal: it's a sort of vertical iron made accessory with a pointed rubber ball that gives smoothless to the braking also reducing the brake stroke. (sorry my english is not that good when i talk about technical arguments).
I found it decent but im noticing sometimes randomly, after 1, 2 hours of game session, the braking changes behaviour...: same pression on the pedal -> different way the car decelerates...! and you all can understand how this behaviour affects the driving, above all if you memorized all the track with all its breaking points but suddenly the car brakes in a different way, letting you lose your orientation about your usual drive tactic... this all is very disappointing. Moreover this crappy pedals destroy my left heel after 1, 2 hours of driving! The base is so hard... you can't confortably keep your foot down there for 60 minutes without pain! (maybe this last problem is only MY problem but im sure i could solve with another set of different pedals).
That's why atm i am looking for a better pedals to associate with my t-gt wheel that, apart from some missing downshifts with the left pad, is doing perfectly its job still after years of gaming.
I would like to have fanatec csl elite pedals, if i well remember the name, the ones with only 2 pedals and the possibility to regulate distance among them.
Do you think i have the chance to associate it to the t-gt on my PS5 and my playseat? Connections between wheel and csl pedals are the same that the crappy t-gt pedals ones? It's sure i don't need any adapter? (i would prefer not to buy toys like those adapter because i doubt about their functionality and above all compatibility)
Or you would suggest me to get a new rig (wheel and pedals) from Fanatec? I have seen today on fanatec website that the bundle: CSL Elite Racing Wheel and CSL Elite Pedals
together are around 570€.
My preference would be of course to keep my t-gt and try the new pedals, also because i am used with my wheel and its responsiveness to my driving style (that i cannot change :lol:) and i would need only better pedals.
I am also opened to a different set of pedals, if Fanatec ones aren't compatible with t-gt wheel, thrustmaster like the primary alternative.
Any feedback will be very appreciated. Thank you for your attention
The Fanatec two pedal set up you are looking at isn't any better than the Thrustmaster ones you are using as the brakes on both are potentiometer based, that is the brakes work on distance pressed not pressure applied like real brakes. The three pedal set would be a better option but you would have to get an third party adapter like drivehub as Fanatec and TM pedals don't play with each other.

The simplest and cheapest option for you in my opinion, as you are happy with your base, would be Thrustmaster T-LCM's as they are plug and play with your wheel, have load cell operated brakes and hall sensors for the other two pedals which are a better option to potentiometers (Fanatec's higher end pedals have them too). I have the T-GT and T-LCM combination and it works well for a mid level set up.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t-lcm-pedals

Man, thank you very much for your kind reply, i suppose i wil buy these t-lcm pedals, the only issue is that my playseat is the type of chair with central support that obscures the central pedal, indeed in the default t-gt pedals i had to invert the clutch pedal (left) with the brake one (center) so to have brake in the left and throttle to the right ( i don't use clutch so it stays now at center and i set the game to auto-clutch).
Is there a way to invert these 2 pedals also in thrustmaster t-lcm that you suggested me? I had opted for fanatec 2 pedals also for this reason, the issue with the center location obscured by playseat's support..
I hope i can invert the 2 pedals as i did on t-gt set, i also suppose there are not great thrustmaster pedals with 2 pedals only and my option is to get only a 3 pedals set. If im wrong correct me. Anyway i hope to make that invertion on t-lcm...
Have a nice day

Man, thank you very much for your kind reply, i suppose i wil buy these t-lcm pedals, the only issue is that my playseat is the type of chair with central support that obscures the central pedal, indeed in the default t-gt pedals i had to invert the clutch pedal (left) with the brake one (center) so to have brake in the left and throttle to the right ( i don't use clutch so it stays now at center and i set the game to auto-clutch).
Is there a way to invert these 2 pedals also in thrustmaster t-lcm that you suggested me? I had opted for fanatec 2 pedals also for this reason, the issue with the center location obscured by playseat's support..
I hope i can invert the 2 pedals as i did on t-gt set, i also suppose there are not great thrustmaster pedals with 2 pedals only and my option is to get only a 3 pedals set. If im wrong correct me. Anyway i hope to make that invertion on t-lcm...
Have a nice day
No worries, happy to help :).

Unfortunately you can't just swap the pedals around in the T-LCM's like you can in all their other pedal sets.

Untitled.png

You can see in the image above that they are mounted in two totally different ways and the clutch mounting is part of the injection moulded plastic of the base while the brake is a separate metal mounting. The only (easy) option would be to set the brake and accelerator plates as far apart as you can and mount the whole pedal set off centre slightly so you have a bit better angle to the brake pedal, but you've probably already tried this with your pedals already.

This is how people get around the issue with Logitech pedals...
playseat_-brake-pedal-logitech-pedals-1.jpg

... but I don't think it would work well with T-LCM's.

Have a nice day

This is why i could never understand why people buy the playseat. With that vertical beam between your legs.

I have the T-LCM Pedals and love them for the price point. You wont be disappointed with them.

Last edited:
Guys thank you both, i don't know what to do because i don't know how far away i can move the brake pedal from its center without having to disassemble the clutch... I m afraid i will not have enough room to drive confortably, avoiding the brake to be down to that beam.. who knows how much i can move it.. with t-gt set i had issues with this and swapped pedals. It would be a pity, the t-lcm is not that cheap but all descriptions tell it's a fantastic product. Unluckily i think i have to remain with my current set. My mistake when i bought playseat was not to considering the pedals layout of most products. It's not possible to disassemble the clutch pedal placed to the left? to make room for a total brake pedal movement to the left?

Last edited:
No the pedals are fixed.

The most you can do it mount the pedals a few inches to the left so that the bar is closer to being in between the gas and brake pedal.

If i would buy the 2 pedals set from fanatec to use it with my t-gt then i need this drivehub adapter? Are there any undesirable effects from the use of this kind of adapter? Or it will work regurarly with my wheel and ps5? The adapter need power supply or is simply usb powered? Thanks

If i would buy the 2 pedals set from fanatec to use it with my t-gt then i need this drivehub adapter? Are there any undesirable effects from the use of this kind of adapter? Or it will work regurarly with my wheel and ps5? The adapter need power supply or is simply usb powered? Thanks
I think you will lose the vibration effect and yes it is USB powered. @Podger could give you better information than me though.

Regarding the PS5, no one really knows how that will go as it's only at the start of it's (PS5) life cycle and I think there are issues with Drivehub compatibility with PS5 games. I know there were issues for playing PS4 games on PS5 but they have come up with a workaround but you need to buy an extra non-Sony controller of some kind. Again, @Podger would be the best one to answer this for you, but I think it could possibly work because your wheel would be compatible... but I'm no expert ;)

This is how far apart you can spread the T-LCM pedals by moving the pedal plates (it's 2 7/8'' or just under 75mm gap according to the video)
Untitled1.png

As usual, thanks @FPV MIC for your reply, i think also in this way i will not have enough room to play cool with this gap between brake and throttle, it would be better to eliminate the clutch pedal that i don't use, but it's not possible. No problem, i will go on with my current set and i ll wait for another set of TM pedals where hopefully i could do a pedal swap, or, better, a 2 pedal set, if TM will develop a new product.
Have a nice driving ;)

I use the CSL Elite pedals with the LC brake pedal in a 2 pedal set-up, I have the pedals inverted and setup quite wide apart, I have the clutch as a spare, which I converted to a analog handbrake to try out in Dirt Rally 2 to see if I liked rally games.

I use the CSL Elite pedals with the LC brake pedal in a 2 pedal set-up, I have the pedals inverted and setup quite wide apart, I have the clutch as a spare, which I converted to a analog handbrake to try out in Dirt Rally 2 to see if I liked rally games.
ok Goonie, and with which wheel you re using these pedals? U needed drivehub? Let me know, thanks

I would think you can move the pedal unit left so that straight ahead lies in between the throttle and brake. Then you can shift the throttle pedal plate right and the brake left to gain more separation

If you can get a 75mm gap between the pedals surely this is wide enough for a 30mm pole in the middle, near your knees?
Especially if you only ever drive in 2 pedal mode.

I can see how it's more of an issue if you are using all 3 pedals and drive both with left foot on brake and also right foot on brake / h&t.

Last edited:
ok Goonie, and with which wheel you re using these pedals? U needed drivehub? Let me know, thanks
Fanatec CSW 2.5, DH for PS4, when I had a G920 I ran the pedals thru the DH to fix the GTS brake travel issue, and made 2 cables, one so I could switch the clutch and brake pedal as I hate the offset brake pedal when only using 2 pedals, which is all I use.

@Goonie75 , @John G , thank you both also.
@John G i think i would have only issues trying to drive with the pedal set mounted in left direction, though this could be the only way to gain space with then moving throttle to the right and brake to the left. I usually have a 2 pedals drive with left foot for braking and right for throttling (not like in real life but it's my way, considering my pleyseat layout). I think the gained space wuold not be enough to my usual sensation of driving as it has been until now..
I contacted thrustmaster support and i am waiting for an answer but im sure that will be the same you all are kindly telling me in this thread.

Thank you very much really for all your help guys. It's truly appreciated though i have not found a cool solution.
Have a beautiful driving 👍:):gtpflag:

Hello all again guys,
i decided to buy the T-LCM and mod it with the help of my friend. I will swap brake and clutch pedal not before having modded the pedals body (enlarging the bay where the clutch stays by default to make enough room for the brake pedal system once it will be swapped). I hope to do a good job and i will update you.. i know i lose warranty but it's not a big issue, as i did the same with the t-gt pedals and until now not encountered any issue.
This post is to ask you if you suggest me to do the calibration via pc before i swap the pedals or after? I don't know if the proper pc calibration software will work only with the dafult pedals config...
Ciao!

Hello all again guys,
i decided to buy the T-LCM and mod it with the help of my friend. I will swap brake and clutch pedal not before having modded the pedals body (enlarging the bay where the clutch stays by default to make enough room for the brake pedal system once it will be swapped). I hope to do a good job and i will update you.. i know i lose warranty but it's not a big issue, as i did the same with the t-gt pedals and until now not encountered any issue.
This post is to ask you if you suggest me to do the calibration via pc before i swap the pedals or after? I don't know if the proper pc calibration software will work only with the dafult pedals config...
Ciao!
With the way the clutch pedal mount is part of the injection moulded base I think you're in for a very hard time modding this base. Once you remove all the clutch mount you'll lose all of the structural integrity of the base right in the spot where you're going to have to mount the brake, and you'll need it the most in that spot.

Have a look at the way it's all made inside in this video below (time stamp should be roughly in the right spot).

You can see the extra ribbing built into the base around where the brake pedal is mounted in this screen shot.

Untitled.png

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I am saying it will be difficult to maintain enough structural integrity by modifying this base to have a decent lasting pedal set. Perhaps try with the pedal plates spread apart first?

Best of luck if you do decide to go ahead with the mods though. :cheers:

Last edited:
@FPV MIC man, u were terribly right (LMAO!), i was involved by thrustmaster support (they told me that with a mod in the body of the pedals the swapping could be possible..) but when i opened the t-lcm and looked inside with my friend i realized i could only damage it instead of doing a good work.
So, my friend, i don't know what to do, i am only saving this t-lcm pedals with me right now, i will not return, for a refund from amazon, because i want to find a solution this time in my chair (playseat evolution). It's been months and months i m looking for a solution for the chair that eliminates the central post. I m looking for a replacement part that allows me to simply remove an original part of the playseat (the damn central post!) with another aftermarket part, but until now i haven't found anything and sincerely i don't want to buy another drive cockpit..
Have a nice day :cheers:

@FPV MIC man, u were terribly right (LMAO!), i was involved by thrustmaster support (they told me that with a mod in the body of the pedals the swapping could be possible..) but when i opened the t-lcm and looked inside with my friend i realized i could only damage it instead of doing a good work.
So, my friend, i don't know what to do, i am only saving this t-lcm pedals with me right now, i will not return, for a refund from amazon, because i want to find a solution this time in my chair (playseat evolution). It's been months and months i m looking for a solution for the chair that eliminates the central post. I m looking for a replacement part that allows me to simply remove an original part of the playseat (the damn central post!) with another aftermarket part, but until now i haven't found anything and sincerely i don't want to buy another drive cockpit..
Have a nice day :cheers:
Perhaps you could try something like in the quotes below? The way the post is moved much closer to you looks like it could work and you'd just have to find a piece of timber to use as a larger top plate.

Hello to all!
Below shows what I've done to improve the Playseat construction. It does not involve removing the wheel post, but it moves it much closer to the seat, which allows to brake with either left or right foot. I do still have to get in contact with the post while braking, but it is not as distracting as it used to be. I reckon the post layout is somewhat similar to the Playseat Grand Turismo wheel support post...
View attachment 745464

And now with the paint work applied:View attachment 746479

Or if you know someone that can weld you could do similar to this one below.

61POxPg83UL._SL1500_.jpg

I made my own from scratch and it's really not that difficult.

Image0066 (2).jpg

With T500rs
20171102_190252 - Copy.jpg

Now with T-GT and TLCM's
IMG_20210202_171225.jpg

Or if you know someone that can weld you could do similar to this one below.

View attachment 988882
this attachment i had already seen on a reddit thread from a guy, but when i contacted Conqueror (the company that should deal with this part) they told me all these parts are out of stock.. =( sadly i don't know how to weld something similar to that, that's why i hoped to find a ready-to-use replacement part, like the one i upload now (it's the basic part taken from the rig u posted here ^_^ )

Attachments

• soBTwjd.png
    soBTwjd.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 10
this attachment i had already seen on a reddit thread from a guy, but when i contacted Conqueror (the company that should deal with this part) they told me all these parts are out of stock.. =( sadly i don't know how to weld something similar to that, that's why i hoped to find a ready-to-use replacement part, like the one i upload now (it's the basic part taken from the rig u posted here ^_^ )
What did you think of trying the other idea? (seeing as I flunked out on that one :P)

IMG_20180620_230117.jpg

What did you think of trying the other idea? (seeing as I flunked out on that one :P)

View attachment 988895
i will try that for sure :D , i imagine no way to mount wheel on the default plate when it's reverted, so i will look for a piece of timber for the wheel!
P.S: I have to use the original tool included in T-GT to mount it on a desk? Maybe i lost it :ill: because i mounted on the playseat using screws only (omg)

edit: Ok, ok, i remember now i gave it to my friend together with an old t300 wheel, so i can surely tell him to return it to me :lol:
and meanwhile i forgot to thank you for all you kind help you gave me until now ;)

Last edited:
I don't understand why you can't just mount it to the left and put a big sideways extension on the throttle pedal. The spring is so light there won't be much bending moment on the pedal mech. Like how far apart do you actually need the pedals?

I think I'm literally not understanding the issue. Can you take a pic?

Last edited:
@John G i am used to drive in a very confortable way.. i mean i don't want any obstruction when i use the pedals, brake or throttle.
And moving to the left would give me much space for the brake but not as much as i would for example inverting brake and clutch (with the brake so in the very far left position). Being in the condition of not be able to swap the 2 pedals i prefer to change the layout of my chair.
Moreover moving to the left would set up the throttle in a position with which im not familiar, indeed not in the far right position.
As i told i love to drive with a very large distance between brake and throttle, due to that sick central post of the playseat. I will work to modify the playseat set up. Thank you anyway

Even in a go-kart, which has the pedals furthest apart of anything I've ever driven, there is still a fuel tank and steering column in between your knees!!
Do you have massive legs (or balls)? :lol:

But yeah I guess it sounds like you need a different or modified rig. Maybe easiest to sell yours and just buy a new one without central post? I think it would be difficult to modify

Last edited:
Hello all again guys,
Ciao!
The mount for the brake pedal on the T-LCM is metal whereas the mounts for the throttle and clutch are just plastic. Switching the brake over to the clutch slot would seem like a bad idea to me.

Back