New Photomode Location? Mountain in Acura NSX Trailer Identified

• Thread starter Articuno
  • 42 comments
Just for the record... don't watch if you're scared of heights or suffer from vertigo :)
I used to live nearby, but never went to it.

I wonder how it has moving clouds? Can the PS3 handle that? Could it be just part of the video edit?

Well, the PS3 can handle moving clouds.... but the image quality looks a bit too good indeed. The whole backdrop seems static, like a typical render location for many PC platforms. I doubt it's a photomode location, at least not for GT5.

I think it's just a collection of photos used as a background to the modeled foreground.
At slow enough speeds (i.e. real time), I bet you could animate that - although I don't know how good it'd look slowed down.

Yea I knew it was in my AP Spanish book, I was just to lazy to pop it open XD . its right next to the FMLN banner that makes me crack up * its an acronym for a Spanish political party not what you think XD*

There were several weather location names cycling on the GT5P main screen: Brands Hatch, Daytona Beach, Estoril, Fuji, Hockenheim, Imola, Jerez, Le Mans, Magny Cours, Monte Carlo, Monterey, Monza, Motegi, Nürburg, Shanghai, Silverstone, Sonoma, Spa, Suzuka, Tsukuba, Zolder.
Imola? YAY :D

Weren't PD sighted at Jerez and Ascari at some point? I seem to remember seeing an article about this somewhere...

I can't find any articles on that. However, I know they've been sighted at Silverstone and Bathurst, which are pretty much confirmed to be in Gran Turismo.

Watching the HD video, it feels like the rock where the NSX sits is CG (Also some grass and bushes next to it).
But the mountain and the scenery behind fell like they are taken from on location footage.
It may explain why the clouds in time lapse feel so reallistic.
They are real!
It's strange because I don't remember seeing a trailer for a new car using the GT engine and real life footage.
Even if some past GT promos or ingame videos use sometime a mix of both real images and CG.

But the mountain and the scenery behind fell like they are taken from on location footage.
It may explain why the clouds in time lapse feel so reallistic.
They are real!
It's strange because I don't remember seeing a trailer for a new car using the GT engine and real life footage.
Even if some past GT promos or ingame videos use sometime a mix of both real images and CG.

Now that I look at it again, I think you're right. Unless this is what GT6 on the PS4 looks like, that's definitely real life footage behind a CG NSX.

guys, i noticed that CGI rock under that car too. But when we aren't noticed on the first time that rock, It can be everything within the clouds - CGI too. But it is too far, so we can't see it - propably teaser of PS4 (GT6) graphics?

I know this is only a wish, but we never know... :D

This is in no way Ps4 graphics....Sony will not let PD show PS4 footage before PS4 is even announced. If you look carefully the rocks where the car standing you can see thats its a texture so its definitely not real footage. Im thinking PD just created the scene using a PC with specs higher than a PS3.

This is in no way Ps4 graphics....Sony will not let PD show PS4 footage before PS4 is even announced. If you look carefully the rocks where the car standing you can see thats its a texture so its definitely not real footage. Im thinking PD just created the scene using a PC with specs higher than a PS3.

I'm pretty sure that the rocks and plants surrounding the NSX are CGI.
It's pretty obvious, textures looks like GT5 engine.
But if you look precisely the mountain behind, you can't see such "GT5" textures.
The mountain surface is much more complex than the rock in front of it and texture effect is nowhere to be seen.

Back