New player, lost, please help.

• Thread starter randys
  • 31 comments
I was advised to download this for free to prepare for Horizon 4 which I have ordered, so I did.

I dont know how to move around and do what I need to do, I use a Logitech g27 wheel which complicates matters, but I can and do switch back to the hand controller when necessary (X box one X)

So far I think I did the first challenge, completed 4 races, but dont know where to go to get to the next challenge or series of races.

Then there are the different modes, and the map. Dont know what to do most of the time.

I figured out how to change the menu using LB or whatever it is showing the different pages. But little else.

I guess you haven't completed the road trip to the next championship. Just look on the map. You will find an icon(a big pink icon if I remember correct) that shows where to begin your next road trip. It should be near the start of the first championship.

I guess you haven't completed the road trip to the next championship. Just look on the map. You will find an icon(a big pink icon if I remember correct) that shows where to begin your next road trip. It should be near the start of the first championship.
OK, what will it say on the icon? There are so many icons.

By the way. Have you finished the first showcase event? Maybe you missed that one.
Who knows. I did 4 out of 4 races in something. It shouldnt be this confusing, I wont keep the new game if it is the same. Probably me, I know, but still.

Who knows. I did 4 out of 4 races in something. It shouldnt be this confusing, I wont keep the new game if it is the same. Probably me, I know, but still.
It's a race event when you compete against some jet planes. You would remember for sure.

It's a race event when you compete against some jet planes. You would remember for sure.
Yes, I did that and won, but I also did something where I won 4 races and it showed 4 out of 4, and I accidentally have restarted something over a few times since it seems I cant do anything else anyway.

Yes, I did that and won, but I also did something where I won 4 races and it showed 4 out of 4, and I accidentally have restarted something over a few times since it seems I cant do anything else anyway.
If you don't have any orange icons on the map then you'll need to finish the road trip. You will find it for sure. Just go for the pink icons.

If you don't have any orange icons on the map then you'll need to finish the road trip. You will find it for sure. Just go for the pink icons.
I wish I had it in front of me, so the road trip is one of the options NOT on the map, right? If I have the various menus available to me, and the first one has the MAP in upper left, is it below that the road trip option is or to do a road trip do I need to be somewhere else? I wish i was home and looking at it.

I wish I had it in front of me, so the road trip is one of the options NOT on the map, right? If I have the various menus available to me, and the first one has the MAP in upper left, is it below that the road trip option is or to do a road trip do I need to be somewhere else? I wish i was home and looking at it.
The road trip always start at the festival where you finished the last championship. I just don't remember if it the icon is different from the normal icon for the festival. The pink tear with the white H.

The road trip aspect of the game took me a little while to work out. Basically, you progress through he game by doing road trips. It always starts at the main festival hub. You choose a location and you road trip there. Once there, you do four races. When you've finished them, go to the festival hub for that area. I believe it will then ask if you're ready to road trip to the next one. Then you road trip to a second location and do four races there. Go to that hub and get your orders for the third leg of the road trip. Do four races there and go to that hub. Finally you road trip back to the main hub and get your rewards.

I know I recommended you get this game to help you decide if you wanted to get FH4, but the good news is the road trip thing only happened in FH2. They realized it was overly complicated and not much liked. FH2 is the only game that has it.

The road trip aspect of the game took me a little while to work out. Basically, you progress through he game by doing road trips. It always starts at the main festival hub. You choose a location and you road trip there. Once there, you do four races. When you've finished them, go to the festival hub for that area. I believe it will then ask if you're ready to road trip to the next one. Then you road trip to a second location and do four races there. Go to that hub and get your orders for the third leg of the road trip. Do four races there and go to that hub. Finally you road trip back to the main hub and get your rewards.

I know I recommended you get this game to help you decide if you wanted to get FH4, but the good news is the road trip thing only happened in FH2. They realized it was overly complicated and not much liked. FH2 is the only game that has it.
Thanks, I am there now, arrived at my destination nothing happens. Dont know what to do now

In Sisteron, says choose race to start championship, how do I do that?.

Just going in circles, at the map I dont know what to do, nothing starts.

Last edited:
Go to the Festival Hub to choose your next championship. From there 4 new events will pop up on the map.

I've fired up FH2 and I'm doing a full road trip. I've selected the Toyota 2000GT because it's beautiful and this is the last Horizon game it's in.

1. Go to the central hub and go to "Race Event Signup" in the middle of the hub. Select X when it says "Start Road Trip."
2. Where do you want to go? I selected Castelletto.
3. Select championship. I selected World Classic.
4. Within World Classics there are three sub-championships, I selected Rare Classics.
5. Listen to Ben yammer on while road-tripping to Castelletto.
6. Enter Castelletto Hub. A map pops up and shows you where the four races are that you will race.
7. Run all four races.
8. At the end of the last race, the map will automatically pop up, the local hub will be highlighted, and "Continue Road Trip" will point to the hub.
9. Go back to Castelletto hub and enter it. Select "Continue Road Trip."
10. Repeat steps 2 through 9 except this time I'm going to Montellino.
11. Repeat steps 2 through 9 except this time I'm going to Saint-Martin.
12. After finishing the last race, return to the local hub and enter it. Select "Continue Road Trip."
13. You will automatically begin a road trip back to the central hub.
14. Results of the three race series will be announced and you will be named champion. Road Trip Complete.

Total time invested: 90 minutes. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I've fired up FH2 and I'm doing a full road trip. I've selected the Toyota 2000GT because it's beautiful and this is the last Horizon game it's in.

1. Go to the central hub and go to "Race Event Signup" in the middle of the hub. Select X when it says "Start Road Trip."
4. Within World Classics there are three sub-championships, I selected Rare Classics.
6. Enter Castelletto Hub. A map pops up and shows you where the four races are they you will race.
7. Run all four races.
8. At the end of the last race, the map will automatically pop up, the local hub will be highlighted, and "Continue Road Trip" will point to the hub.
12. After finishing the last race, return to the local hub and enter it. Select "Continue Road Trip."
14. Results of the three race series will be announced and you will be named a chamption. Road Trip Complete.

Thanks, I have family visiting and wont be able to do this for a few days, but I will and will get back to you with other questions I am sure.

Have you picked up the Storm Island and Porsche expansions yet? I would strongly suggest you do before they disappear in a couple days. Storm Island adds a new map with new races, a barn find, more achievements and bucket list challenges. You can probably guess what the Porsche expansion adds to the game.

6. Enter Castelletto Hub. A map pops up and shows you where the four races are that you will race.
7. Run all four races.
14. Results of the three race series will be announced and you will be named champion. Road Trip Complete.

Dont see central hub in menu, do you mean on the world map somewhere?

I see Sisteron but dont know what to do with it. If I hit resume I am on a road somewhere.

Dont see race event signup. I dont know where to start, map? sorry...

NOW I see SISTERON Horizon Hub, I am in that I guess. But I cant do more now , no time too confusing, Going in circles.

Last edited:
Championship signup...Iconic Rally in progress...Now what? What buttons do I hit to continue that in progress event? How?

Keeps bringing me back to world map.

IF i enter HOrizon hub, I can signup but when i go there there is one in progress, no clue how to get into that in progress event.

Wait , now being told to choose a race while on map, how do I choose a race?

What are races on the map?

Last edited:
If it's saying Iconic Rally in progress, then I'm guessing you still have some races left to go in Sisteron. When the map comes up, there should be at least one and as many as four round orange race icons, like this.

Hover the cursor over one of them and it will show a pink line. That's the race route.

Click on one and it will set a route to that race via a green line.

Hit B and back out. Now you're back in your car and there's a dotted line on the ground leading you to that race.

Run that race (and any others you still have left to do) then go back to the Sisteron hub and enter it. You can then choose the next leg of the road trip and do it all over again.

Another thing to remember. When you return to the game you'll probably find yourself sitting at a Car Meet. This is an online feature of the game which gives you a whole different set of options over the single player mode. Just press the B button to exit the Car Meet back into single player. And by all means get all of the available DLC before they disappear. Storm Island is a must! Rally racing at it's best!

Another thing to remember. When you return to the game you'll probably find yourself sitting at a Car Meet. This is an online feature of the game which gives you a whole different set of options over the single player mode. Just press the B button to exit the Car Meet back into single player. And by all means get all of the available DLC before they disappear. Storm Island is a must! Rally racing at it's best!
Storm I think says it costs money, I will check again.

Storm Island is a must, don't let it slip away. I believe you can get it along with a bunch of other DLC for only 24.99, or something like that. But by all means get it before it's gone! It's an incredible experience if you enjoy these FH games.

Last edited:
After I pick an event, and I buy a car for it, how can I buy a different car for that same event. If I already own a car that would work in that event how will I know?

I'm so happy I have all the DLC. Got most with Deals With Gold discounts over the few months, especially incredibly overpriced VIP. It's all great to have, when they are gone, you won't be able to get'em ever. Game is still good, while most games are just mprovements over the previous ones, Horizons are all so unique and it's worth to get them all. Too bad I will never have FH1 DLC though, I got my Xbox One S too late.

Back