New prize-car list.. with pics/stats This is Great for the pictures!!

• Thread starter SmokeAlot
  • 106 comments
Originally posted by ericthemonster
Hey Jordan, how many posts do I have to have before I can make up my own title? :D
You need to have 1000 posts. :D

Looks like I won't be getting my own title any time in the near future ...
Well, you just need to get posting! Most people with the larger post counts have done so in the Rumble Strip. ;)

Also is it like a one time thing that we tell you to make it or can we change it when we want?
Nope, you'll be able to change it whenever you want. It will appear as a new option under the "options" area of My GTPlanet. :D

I'm not complaining, mind you, but it seems strange that a post consisting of " :) " gets the same count as a post that has a couple paragraphs of written text (not copy and paste from somewhere else). On one of my other favorite websites ( Slashdot ) there is a really cool moderation and karma system. It would be really difficult to take all the information from these threads and apply that kind of system, but it might be something to look into for the future.

Slashdot is a member of the OpenSource community. The 'software' they use is open source. They call it the "slashcode", and you can download it and modify it to your liking. I don't think it would serve a purpose here, but it has some cool features.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by Jordan
Well, you just need to get posting! Most people with the larger post counts have done so in the Rumble Strip. ;)

Yea, I did about 50 posts in the rumble strip the other day :D And I think I'll be there in no time cause I've gotten as many posts as I have now in about a week :D

Nope, you'll be able to change it whenever you want. It will appear as a new option under the "options" area of My GTPlanet. :D

That's good! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Jordan
SmokeAlot, 4 MB sounds great! Go ahead and zip up the website, and send it in an email to jordan@gtplanet.net. I'll try to get it on GTP soon and I'll send you know the link. :)

Jordan, I don't think my ISP likes emails with attatchments larger than 1mb (I haven't tested in quite a while though).

And since my ISP has gone totaly funky tonight (upgrading their DHCP servers supposedly), nothing works properly on my end. But I'll try the email thing tomorrow. (IF my ISP gets their act together that is.)

hey i have hardly any posts cause my AOL is ****. then i wont b on for a while after that to find a new one. this is really annoying. anyone else got AOL?

Hey all, check this out. Finally my ISP got their tracker working and I can get stats on my webpage. These are quite impressive for a 4mb website :D

Analyzed requests from Sat-25-Aug-2001 02:30 to Mon-22-Oct-2001 23:29 (58.9 days).
Total successful requests: 138,012
Average successful requests per day: 2,344
Total successful requests for pages: 6,765
Average successful requests for pages per day: 115
Number of distinct files requested: 182
Total data transferred: 2,736 Mbytes
Average data transferred per day: 47,594 kbytes

At least I found it impressive.. :lol:

And cool! that Jordan's hosting it now :)
If any other websites do link to it, they gonna be funked now.. lol

Oh and BTW, not sure if I mentioned this before.. but this is my first sucsessful (in a way) webpage, so I'm not bragging or anything in this message, I'm just really proud of the results I got from it.
Especially considering I usually can't ever do anything right :odd:

Wow, those are impressive stats! :eek: I can send you an auto-redirect script for your ISP's page (which will automatically send them to the list at GTPlanet), so you can clear off your webspace if you want. :)

Ah, if I clear off my website, I'll clear everything. Maybe put the odd file up there which I need to send to ppl (or something). But if you have the whole page setup on here, then that's all we need :D

I wonder how long this took to do. Anyway, this is some great info, thank you a whole lot man. It is just what I and everybody else needed.

Back