NEW RACERS WANTED!!! - Cobra Ferrari Wars - Sundays 17:00 BST: Novices WelcomeOpen 

Sick_Cylinder
Welcome to the publicity thread for "Cobra Ferrari Wars" - for the main Classic Racing thread please click on the following link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rs-new-drivers-wanted-novices-welcome.303368/

New racers wanted - old, young, fast, slow, novice or expert - all are welcome! Join us for friendly, clean, classic racing in classic cars every Sunday at 17:00BST - Main Event Cobra Ferrari Wars

Cobra Ferrari Wars New.jpg

Sunday 8th June is a practise session / chance to try out the cars, have brief races, meet other racers and chat etc.

Racing starts 15th June at Brands Hatch GP Circuit and will run for 12 rounds. The cars are tuned to 460bhp at 844kg, run on Race Hard Tyres and we will use a variety of appropriate tracks including real world and PD imagined tracks.

The cars chosen accurately replicate the entry list for UK races held between 1963 and 1965 (Group 3 GT cars over 2,500cc Appendix J) with the exception that the Cobra at that time was a 289 rather than a 427, we are also missing the Aston Martin DB4 GT's raced in 1963 and the TVR Griffith 200's raced in 1965 as these are missing from GT6.

Fuller details on the main Classic racing thread - post 1 - apologies for posting this here, but we are short of racers and this information is easily lost / overlooked on the main thread - to access the main thread, click on the link in my signature.

Below how the cover of the race programme could have looked in 1963 NB the original meetings were sponsored by Guards International cigarettes - a long defunct brand - but one with deep pockets which led to the attendance of the best drivers in the world including most of the F1 grid and champions from other motorsport series.

We aren't looking for the best drivers in the world! If you are a potential GT Academy winner try SNAIL.

New Racers are welcome - especially those who haven't raced online before, but would like to give it a try - it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are as long as you try to race cleanly.

Cobra Corvette Ferrari Jaguar.jpg

Last edited:
I like this. Did you say you were going to make that series for the Chappy 2D soon?

Hi Ryan. That will follow this championship and will be titled "Ford Ferrari Wars" and will celebrate the period where Ford set out to dominate Le Mans and sports car racing. The Chevrolet powered Chaparral will be an option as well as the Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari P330 together with some lower cost alternatives for players who are short on credits.

Hi Ryan. That will follow this championship and will be titled "Ford Ferrari Wars" and will celebrate the period where Ford set out to dominate Le Mans and sports car racing. The Chevrolet powered Chaparral will be an option as well as the Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari P330 together with some lower cost alternatives for players who are short on credits.

Oh. I of course was thinking of another WSC. That would be great, because I have found the FRL to be a rather rough crowd and racing with you in something like that would take a lot of the stress out of racing.

Oh. I of course was thinking of another WSC. That would be great, because I have found the FRL to be a rather rough crowd and racing with you in something like that would take a lot of the stress out of racing.
Rough crowd? :odd:

Looking good @Sick Cylinder - I know we've been in touch before, keep up the work 👍

This could be You !!!

Corvette Burnout.jpg
Circuito de Madrid_5.jpg
Circuito de Madrid_4.jpg

Novice Drivers, Expert Drivers, Photographers, videographers, Classic Fanatics - all welcome !!!

Practise 8th June, 12 rounds of action starts 15th June, Sunday @ 17:00 BST

Hi SmileyWRX

Races are about 20 minutes long. If you want to join us this Sunday we have some vacant places - we are racing 7 laps of Spa Francorchamps:

First race is World Classic Cars - Corvette C1 or Shelby GT350 are available to use tuned to 315bhp and 1160kg

Second race is Cobra v Corvette (art Morrison) - you can use your Cobra (not chromeline) tuned to 453bhp and 1240kg

Third race is One Make - for the BMW 2002 Turbo 1973 with a maximum tune

All cars are on Race Hard tyres. Full details in this thread (rules in the first post).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/classic-racing-sundays-17-00-19-00-bst-next-round-spa.303368/

The "Ferrari Cobra Wars" will start with a practise day on 8th June and 12 rounds of racing starting on 15th June. Full details are at the bottom of the first post of the above thread.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Ok thank you for info and invitation.
I am available untill 20.30 BST every Sunday so YES I would like to join this Sunday also iff open spot.
Great !! First race GT350, second Cobra, third will be fun 👍 for sure ...
Will check details on the link u posted.

And for Ferrari Cobra Wars also IN, if possible sitting in Cobra :cheers:

Thanks again

Ok thank you for info and invitation.
I am available untill 20.30 BST every Sunday so YES I would like to join this Sunday also iff open spot.
Great !! First race GT350, second Cobra, third will be fun 👍 for sure ...
Will check details on the link u posted.

And for Ferrari Cobra Wars also IN, if possible sitting in Cobra :cheers:

Thanks again

You are very welcome!

Race meeting is from 17:00 to 19:00 BST. Races are in a public room which will open at approximately 16:30. Remember to send an FR to Sick_Cylinder asap.

Cobra London 2.jpg

I don't know if I'll make it in 15th June. I have an exam of Geography in day 19th and I might not get a new PS3 in time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have to point this out, I nearly fell off my seat when I miss read your thread title :lol: :lol: :lol:

COBRA FERRARI WARS 1963 - 1965 SPACES AVAILABLE

I read it as 1,963 - 1,965 spaces available and thought to myself, wow that will be a big grid :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I can't race, just hope that makes not just me laugh :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have to point this out, I nearly fell off my seat when I miss read your thread title :lol: :lol: :lol:

COBRA FERRARI WARS 1963 - 1965 SPACES AVAILABLE

I read it as 1,963 - 1,965 spaces available and thought to myself, wow that will be a big grid :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I can't race, just hope that makes not just me laugh :lol:

Thanks Mikey - a shame you can't join us! I've amended the thread title accordingly.

Too bad this doesn't make the cut. I'd be in there
v1UO8WC.jpg

We have been racing the Art Morrison Corvette v the Cobra for 11 weeks now and have one week left - you are welcome to join us with a Corvette for the final week. For the details click on the link in my signature.

I hope I ended up on third place in the Cobra v. Corvette Championship, just because of the car choice. Great work Sick, can´t wait for the "Ferrari Cobra Wars" to start!!! 👍

Back