New Seasonal: Mini Challenge

• Thread starter tfed
  • 122 comments
Anyone else thinks Minis handle like crap? I hated the new seasonals thanks to this little ff , front wheels lose traction no matter how carefull i am with the throttle..I started using the handbrake to make it turn , and it's really annoying. I'm not going to spend any money to fix it , so when i'm done with the seasonals i'm getting rid of my Mini.:grumpy:

not really but you also can post in the seasonals section... there is a thread about the new seasonal - most dont like it, post there, but making a crythread is wrong

I pumped up my "original" Mini '98 with everything available. It should destroy the "new" minies.

170HP round 500 kg "Muahahahahaa"

I couldn't run it in the seasonal itself thanks to the maintenance, but I tuned up my Mini Cooper '98 with everything except for the engine upgrades or turbo's, Sports softs... think it needs more power to win the seasonals, however I raced it in the European hot hatch A-spec race at Eiger and it was the best race I've had in a while! Twisty sections I gained, last straight I lost out a lot!

I think I'm going to enjoy these seasonals a lot later on!

Dived into the seasonal last night, when maintenance cleared.

Tricked out the standard Mini 1.3i '98 , medium turbo, fully tuned, 450pp, and nabbed 1st place Autumn Ring Mini on the last chicane of the last lap. (after about 5 suspension tries)

LSD set open 10/6/5. mild positive toes, very little camber, harder springs, Ride Height lowered to -15 (<-but I feel this is a mistake on this already low car)
low compression dampers, much stiffer extensions (to hold the long turns) and milder Anti-roll. Reduce front Brake Bias to 3. Used Sport Soft Tires.

You can throw this car into corners, it will only penalize you with mild understeer if entry is too fast.
Best driven with minimal steering input, and proper lines, and early shifting.

Lap Times, aim for sub 44s (43.6s) (except 1st lap-cold @ 44.5)

This seasonal feels like a replica of the Mazda MX-5 , so I am going back to the Real Circuit Nordschleife seasonal for the fun times.

Online response is quick, refresh lobby shows the same lobbies as before, not just a few of them. But the racers are getting dirtier by the dozen. I'm going to have to login with my F150 lightning and teach these noobs a hard lesson.

Have a nice day everyone!

Last edited:
get new drivetrain, suspension and transmission and tune them all

or as Ferrari calls it HGTE

Bottoz
... It's not the MINI that's the problem...

Agreed,those minis handle like a top. Ive been using the original mini for all the challenges and it is a blast,you just have to tune the hell out of the suspension though,cause that thing will get on two wheels if you blow on it

My guess is that Dazi put every Power Upgrade available on his MINI and is overpowering the fronts. Dude... use momentum and out-break the AI. I did this seasonal with the 02 S and ~177hp, Sport Soft.

Last edited:
The tuned GT5 1.3 mini is the slowest 140hp+ mini in the world.

I used to own a 1275GT and was into all things mini, and if you got a mini anywhere near even 100hp, it went FAST. 140hp in a 650kg mini would be mental.

Cars and Car Conversions magazine was the sort of magazine you'd see minis with 1.4l K-series lumps in and they did not hang about.

Anyone else thinks Minis handle like crap? I hated the new seasonals thanks to this little ff , front wheels lose traction no matter how carefull i am with the throttle..I started using the handbrake to make it turn , and it's really annoying. I'm not going to spend any money to fix it , so when i'm done with the seasonals i'm getting rid of my Mini.:grumpy:

Yes, they suck. Anyone who thinks a Mini (at least the US version) handles well has never driven a car that actually does handle well.

Yes, they suck. Anyone who thinks a Mini (at least the US version) handles well has never driven a car that actually does handle well.

Oh Really? See Signature. What have YOU driven that handles well? Have you driven a MINI in real life? On a Race Track?

Last edited:
I don't find they handle terribly. Not the best handling FF hatch in the game but definitely not the worst. I'm not really a huge fan of the new mini though. So I took the 200hp Cooper S I had in my garage and cruised to an easy victory in the events.

Oh and Autumn Ring mini in the Mini seasonal. I see what you did there PD. :sly:

It seems to me that PD is just "phoning it in" anymore,I mean there's nothing wrong with the Mini and nothing wrong with the seasonal....it's just boring....hope they (PD) get some inspiration pretty soon and give out something with a bit more substance to it.:(

I used to work for a chain of car dealerships and drove everthing VAG, Ford and GM had to offer in the 1990s. Nothing I ever got my hands on was a patch on the original Mini in terms of driving pleasure.
You really can't imagine it unless you've been there. :)

It seems to me that PD is just "phoning it in" anymore,I mean there's nothing wrong with the Mini and nothing wrong with the seasonal....it's just boring....hope they (PD) get some inspiration pretty soon and give out something with a bit more substance to it.:(

Why is THIS seasonal boring?

It´s the same as every other seasonal. ;)

raVer

Why is THIS seasonal boring?

It´s the same as every other seasonal. ;)

raVer

I agree,it's not JUST this seasonal and your reply,"it's the same as every other seasonal" is why I finally posted my opinion on the matter....

I had no problem winning this. Spun a little but overall 800kg with near 300hp was an easy one.

Oh Really? See Signature. What have YOU driven that handles well? Have you driven a MINI in real life? On a Race Track?

Yeah, and it's an understeering chick car. My 12 year old sister thinks it's cute though, and the gay accountant in my office has one and seems to like it, so who's to say it's terrible, right?

Hostile Obsidian. As usual, you resort to insults when you run out of facts.

What insults? Or do you have something against 12 year old girls and gay accountants?

Any of my last 5 cars would smoke a Mini around the tracks I drive (Willow Springs and Laguna). I'd list them but don't want to be one of those guys who lists his garage, ya know? One's even in your sig. :dopey:

Yes, but why would I feel the need to justify anything to some random dude on the internet? I'm not that insecure. Look dude, if you like your Mini, that's all that matters. It makes no difference what I think of it.

Obsidian-2
Yeah, and it's an understeering chick car. My 12 year old sister thinks it's cute though, and the gay accountant in my office has one and seems to like it, so who's to say it's terrible, right?

I little insecurity never hurt anyone

I'm going to leave this here, might want to rethink you statement about Minis

mini-john-cooper-works-challenge-2008-4.jpg

Back