NEW! The Parking Lot Spotting Game!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TopHat
  • 66 comments
  • 3,169 views
And the top right corner. I wasd trying to back away from it and look to see if it looked like anything, but it's just an ordinary parking lot I guess...
 
Ordinary parking lot??!?!?! Where do you shop, anyway?

It's a shipping lot, but I can't tell what kind of cars. Only 5 colors, so it's a cheapie. Either at a dock ready to load, another dock unloaded ready to transport, maybe a factory ready to transport. And there are watermarks at all four corners, as well as the center. Can't make that out, either.

Edit: Watermark is Alex S. MacLean, an aerial photography specialist. Here's the original posted image, so are we in copyright violation?
 
right you are wfooshee, I hadn't noticed the other marks, any change this could have been part of some ad campaign?

anyways I think the first parking lot is almost exhausted, maybe time for another. I just wish we could figure out that wagon
 
I really want to know what that wagon in the second row is, The badge and grille on the first row unknown SUV say jeep but I'm unsure which model, without any looking up I'm still guessing current Grand Cherokee

i think its a subaru wagon.
 
so are we in copyright violation?

Jordon might...because he would be the only one making money off this site. Er...that is to say IF he is making a profit here. :nervous:
 

I'd guess some type of '70s car. There's a Hardtop and a Hatchback model, from what I can see, but I'm not sure. the proportions say "Compact."
 
The Parking Lot Spotting Game!
There's one.

28604174_dc3dd20ab8.jpg


:dopey:
 
They're clearly all Nissan Silvias.
 
A Jaguar? A Lynx? Oh, I know: a Sunbeam Tiger!
 
A Jaguar? A Lynx? Oh, I know: a Sunbeam Tiger!
Off topic: Now that you mentioned a Sunbeam. A friend of mine bought a Sunbeam Alpina convertible. We had a ride in had yesterday. Nice little car.
 
to say porsche is obvious...


gimme the years too..!

sorry for the double post
 
hmmmmm.jpg

2000 VW Golf Estate.

Betcha weren't expecting that.:sly:
 
Side-Note: Nice ava, Bullet. 👍

As for the Porsches, our best bet is to probably tell by the wheels what they are. Doug will probably tear this one apart too though.

First off, I see 5 Cayennes, and in the front, at least 2-3 Carrera Cabriolets with Hardtops. There's also a 911 Targa in the back. Couple Boxsters, too.

The rest besides a couple, are just Carreras/4/S. I don't see any Turbos.

But what is that silver car next to the silver Targa to the right? Doesn't look like a Porsche. Reminds me of a S2000.
 
2000 VW Golf Estate.

Betcha weren't expecting that.:sly:

Especially because you got it wrong - it's a Jetta (probably Bora where you are) not a Golf.

M5Power
Doug will probably tear this one apart too though.

It's a pretty boring photo. It looks like Atlanta, given that it's got a zillion Porsches and none of them are wearing anything but shades of gray. All of the 911s are 996s, but they're all C2s - I only see one Targa and, in the upper left, one Turbo. Pretty meh, unless you really love 996 911s.
 
1410266038.jpg

Could be an import.

:/
 
Very interesting - we get the same car as the Jetta wagon, albeit with the 99-05 Jetta front end instead of the 99-05 Golf's. No idea where this dealer's located so it's hard to say for sure.
 
I think the unknown sedan in the third row beside the green civic in the 1st picture might be a 1st gen british racing green miata with a tan softop.
 
I think it's time for a good parking lot, I cant find any that aren't boring though
 
there was a car show last year held in a multi storey car park :dopey: it was a kinda generalised tester show so anyone could turn up, chavs and ricers on the bottom floor and rods and customs and dragsters a floor up :dopey: the sounds on that second floor was crazy :p
 
Here's a personal picture I took just this. Probably harder then the last one, as the cars are older and a few Australian only cars are here. Quality isn't crash hot because it's only my phone camera. But I do have the full ~1600xwhatever it is full size picture I can post later on.

dsc00488nf8.jpg

(And a bonus point to anyone that can find my car, although you'll be at great advantage if you actually know what I drive)
 
I got a VW Golf, Saab 900/ 9-3. Not much else right now.
 
Celica GT-s, Volvo 240, Prius, Suzuki Vitara (whatever that is in Aussie)
 
I'm pretty sure there is no 240, or Vitara.

And the BMW is just a regular 3-series cabriolet I believe.
 
Back