• Thread starter jabofu
  • 43 comments
Germany
Lohmar, Germany
jabofu
DAG JaboFu
Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel for Xbox360

source: thrustmaster

- The world's first wheel with official licenses from Ferrari® and Microsoft Xbox 360®.
- Replica of the wheel on the latest Ferrari 458 Italia, star vehicle of Forza Motorsport® 4!
- 28 cm XXL size (7/10ths of the original) with rubber texture cladding for optimal handling on Xbox 360®.
- Wheel-mounted sequential gearbox: 2 Ferrari GT-style metal paddle shifters.
- Genuine “Manettino®” dial:

- 2-position switch lets users directly change game settings while they race (example: changing views in Forza Motorsport® 4)
- Automatically returns to neutral position

- 8 easy-access action buttons + one 8-direction D-pad in the form of an “Engine Start” button.
- Xbox Guide button with illuminated ring indicating the player number.
- 270° steering radius.
- Pedal set featuring pedals with long range of travel, plus realistic resistance and angle.
- Super-stable, practical V-shaped clamping system can be attached to any table or desk.
- Xbox 360 USB 2.0 Full Speed cable with InLine Quick Release connector (3 meter length), for a totally safe connection.
- Compatible with XBOX 360® & PC

- price: 79.90 € (xboxdynasty)

f458product6qg9.jpg

80 bucks for a wheel, complete with pedals and such? Works with PC and Xbox? Well, even if it is of low quality, that's still quite the bargain. Makes for a nice entrance level wheel for the 360. 👍

No FF, and 270 degrees. Seriously?

Why cant someone make a DFGT-like wheel for the Xbox...

Better than a pad I suppose.

If the demand for xbox racing wheels rise and if the wheel racers on xbox become a bigger part of the communitey, then we will possibly see some logitech wheels for the next xbox.

At the current state logitech cant get into the market. The market is not secure enough, so that everbody would buy it. Development- and marketing-costs are to high and it could be a failure. It is just to risky for them at them moment.

We just have to see people buying wheels en masse and logitech get involved just so.

Currently the players think about a wheel and see fanatec (too costly) and they see madcatz (no force feedback), so in the end they stay with the controller.

On the other hand this is playing nice for Fanatec, they sell wheels and make a good profit that finances their future projects.

No FF, and 270 degrees. Seriously?

Why cant someone make a DFGT-like wheel for the Xbox...

Currently the players think about a wheel and see fanatec (too costly) and they see madcatz (no force feedback), so in the end they stay with the controller.

See...

Give Logitech some pressure to do something!

Bummer that Logitech sits on it's ass all day while other companies are rockin' the wheels for the 360.

I wouldnt say rockin. There are slim pickin's for wheels on the Xbox. You have cheap wheels (madcatz and this thurstmaster), and expensive wheels (fanatec). Nothing in the middle.

And if you want to buy a new wheel right now...you have 2 choices.

I wouldnt say rockin. There are slim pickin's for wheels on the Xbox. You have cheap wheels (madcatz and this thurstmaster), and expensive wheels (fanatec). Nothing in the middle.

Slim pickin's? What?

Thrustmaster 458 Italia Xbox 360 Racing Wheel

f458product6qg9.jpg

New Madcatz Official Xbox 360 Racing Wheel

47502.jpg

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Racing Wheel for Xbox 360

02_gt2.jpg

Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

5803366092_a22d80ca43.jpg

Madcatz Original Xbox 360 Racing Wheel

9926531_ra.jpg

Microsoft Xbox 360 Racing Wheel (though can now only be found used or new on Ebay)

51GvtUXbCML.jpg

CSR Racing wheel for Forza Motorsport

IMG_4305.JPG

CSR Elite Racing wheel for Forza Motorsport

IMG_4270.JPG

But hey, besides PC, if you can find better "pickin's", more power to ya. :) Dang slim pickin's!

Although it's not a Logitech, or more expensive versions of the Thrustmaster, I think it's still pretty cool. At the same time it's better to have something rather than nothing.

Madcatz ne wheel should be equivalent to a dfgt. This new thrustmasters ferraris wheel is in lines with that ferraris branded gt wheel.

Somehow people go like: "When it is no Logitech, it is no proper wheel." "When it is no sony console, it is no proper console." "When it is no GT, it is an arcade game."

@Bogie I didnt know that there are so many options by now. I think nearly the same amount of options as for the ps3. Now how do we get those controller guys into wheel guys?

I have had 2 Logitech wheels (first was DriveFX, second was G27), both were garbage and both stopped working. I have been turned off of Logitech, which is why I prefer Fanatec now. Fanatac is actually priced close to the Logitech offerings but much better.

And if you want to buy a new wheel right now...you have 2 choices.

Slim pickin's? What?

But hey, besides PC, if you can find better "pickin's", more power to ya. :) Dang slim pickin's!

Just like I said. RIGHT now, if I went to get a new wheel (not a contoller like the xbox wireless), there are 2 choices. Madcatz, and Fanatec. Madcatz cheap no FF crap, or Fanatec expensive wheel.

The others are not out yet, or are no longer made. So yeah, not much of a choice.

Somehow people go like: "When it is no Logitech, it is no proper wheel." "When it is no sony console, it is no proper console." "When it is no GT, it is an arcade game."

@Bogie I didnt know that there are so many options by now. I think nearly the same amount of options as for the ps3. Now how do we get those controller guys into wheel guys?

Yup, I know. I am surprised that people didn't know this. And even when it's presented to them, they still deny it. Oh well, their loss.

Yup, I know. I am surprised that people didn't know this. And even when it's presented to them, they still deny it. Oh well, their loss.

Who is denying anything? If anything you are denying the fact that Microsoft has not had enough wheel support for the 360 for a long time.

Who is denying anything? If anything you are denying the fact that Microsoft has not had enough wheel support for the 360 for a long time.

Thats partly true. They had support since the beginning. But when nobody builds wheels, what can they do? They built a wheel, actually not a bad one, but people didnt buy it.

If nobody would have build PCs you couldnt blame Microsoft with Windows that they havent built them.

They tried, but what many here are seeking is a high end wheel for a low price. Thats what a Logitech DFGT is. The wheel itseelf is quite high end, but to make it cheap they included crap pedals.

Thats partly true. They had support since the beginning. But when nobody builds wheels, what can they do? They built a wheel, actually not a bad one, but people didnt buy it.

If nobody would have build PCs you couldnt blame Microsoft with Windows that they havent built them.

They tried, but what many here are seeking is a high end wheel for a low price. Thats what a Logitech DFGT is. The wheel itseelf is quite high end, but to make it cheap they included crap pedals.

Why is it easier to make wheels for the PS3 and PC? Didnt the Fanatec guy say the cost is much higher with Microsoft a while back?

Sucks, because I have Forza3 and Race Pro that are sitting there not getting played because I got a MS wheel, and just hate the feeling compared to my DFGT.

Ill be ordering a Fanatec one here soon, before F4 comes out. I just hate spending that much on a wheel.

Why is it easier to make wheels for the PS3 and PC? Didnt the Fanatec guy say the cost is much higher with Microsoft a while back?

Sucks, because I have Forza3 and Race Pro that are sitting there not getting played because I got a MS wheel, and just hate the feeling compared to my DFGT.

Ill be ordering a Fanatec one here soon, before F4 comes out. I just hate spending that much on a wheel.

Did Sony ever released their own wheel? Microsoft did. It is the task of wheel manufacturers to do so. You should ask Logitech why they are so lazy then.

I think the MS wheel is quite nice for racing games, when you dont drive so often. Fanatec is the best, but it has its price.

Again, you cant blame Microsoft.

That's the thing though. The good thing about the wheels that are working with the Microsoft Xbox 360, such as the Fanatec, is actually cheaper. I would rather have one wheel that works with my PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, than have multiple wheels. For those of us sim people that race on all three especially, it's the way to go.

At the current state logitech cant get into the market. The market is not secure enough, so that everbody would buy it. Development- and marketing-costs are to high and it could be a failure. It is just to risky for them at them moment.

The same could be said about Apple and the iPad 1 when it decided to enter the market. I didn't think it would sell well at all and not only do they dominate the tablet market now, they practically created the market! Logitech needs to do the same, otherwise people like me will buy Fanatec for multi-platofrm wheels.

Jerome

The same could be said about Apple and the iPad 1 when it decided to enter the market. I didn't think it would sell well at all and not only do they dominate the tablet market now, they practically created the market! Logitech needs to do the same, otherwise people like me will buy Fanatec for multi-platofrm wheels.

Jerome

I have to sort of agree, but disagree. Apple is Apple and people that buy Apple, they buy everything that gets advertised to them and pay any price.

Microsoft was the first with tablets years ago and nobody bought it, also because in this time the prices were much higher for electronic products.

But this wont work in the wheel market. It is too hard to get the average Joe to buy a wheel. Many guys I know and knew who play racing games are either not interested in wheels or they tried it and didnt liked it, because it was too hard. The thing is, there is only a handful left that are willing to go for a wheel.

That is the reason why nearly every europeen or asian car is front wheel drive. People dont care about sporty driving or track days, only a few do, so the market to those people is small and filled with expensive products.

Microsoft charges more for the licensing to use their controller technology. There is also an issue with buttons on MS licensed wheels. Sorry i forget exactly what it was.

This is the sole reason Fanatec gt2 was more money than the gt3. Identical wheels as far as how they work except the gt2 has the xbox compatibility components.

Did Sony ever released their own wheel? Microsoft did. It is the task of wheel manufacturers to do so. You should ask Logitech why they are so lazy then.

I think the MS wheel is quite nice for racing games, when you dont drive so often. Fanatec is the best, but it has its price.

Again, you cant blame Microsoft.

Hold up...I am not blaming MS for everything. Saying support for wheels is lacking doesnt mean its all MS's fault. I am talking about lacking in general.

I agree the MS is ok. I had to search high and low to find one. It does the job, but not as well I would like.

If Logitech wheels were also compatible with the Xbox I would love it. But from what I understand it takes more money to make it that way, so thats why its so thin on cross platform wheels.

Not sure if it is the MS license, or the actual technology that makes the cost so high.

That's the thing though. The good thing about the wheels that are working with the Microsoft Xbox 360, such as the Fanatec, is actually cheaper. I would rather have one wheel that works with my PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, than have multiple wheels. For those of us sim people that race on all three especially, it's the way to go.

And thats my reason for getting a GT2. So selling my MS wheel, and DFGT. Not having to swap the wheels between systems will be nice.

Still not sure how the Fanatec is cheaper? DFGT (PS3/PC) = $120ish, and Madcatz (Xbox) = $120ish.

Unless you are talking G27/25 plus a MS wheel or madcatz wheel. I can see that.

Back