New to Assetto Corsa... Advice on Mods, community?

• Thread starter Iiari
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Hi all. While I'm aware AC has been around for a few years, I'm new to the game and the community. A quick look online seemed to teach to me there's no one central repository for mods, cars, tracks, etc. Some are on FB, some on some on various websites, some only linked on Youtube videos, etc, or did I miss a super-site somewhere?

The sheer number of car mods is amazing. Are there any modders taking requests? For example, I'm a Saab fan, and there's none of those around. You'd think the Viggen or Turbo-X would be a natural for mods.

How's online play? Healthy? Respectful?

Amazing game, great website and forum here. Thanks to all in advance for educating me!

The first thing to do is download Content Manager as linked in the post above. You could argue that this app is essential. It does not need to boot up the game in order to work, so no loading times for anything other than when loading up an actual race or practice session. Plus it is packed with many more features than the game normally comes with, and you can use it to install all your mods, and fix any broken mods that you have downloaded with the click of a single button.

Many times, there has been a bug, error or old, invalid data with a car/track, which would normally crash the game and you wouldn't know why. Content Manager will recognize the problem when you try to launch a session, tell you what it is, and have a button to click to fix it for you.

There's a free version that will do pretty much all that you'll need, but you can donate any amount to unlock a full version which comes with a few extra features. I personally donated a few beers worth of £'s to thank the creator, he's a genius that made a little masterpiece of software.

Hi all. While I'm aware AC has been around for a few years, I'm new to the game and the community. A quick look online seemed to teach to me there's no one central repository for mods, cars, tracks, etc. Some are on FB, some on some on various websites, some only linked on Youtube videos, etc, or did I miss a super-site somewhere?

The sheer number of car mods is amazing. Are there any modders taking requests? For example, I'm a Saab fan, and there's none of those around. You'd think the Viggen or Turbo-X would be a natural for mods.

How's online play? Healthy? Respectful?

Amazing game, great website and forum here. Thanks to all in advance for educating me!
Welcome to GTPlanet! :) Do what the two above me said, and also look at Race Department: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/. They have a huge collection of mods.
You might also want to want to check out the PC Mods thread here which is brilliant! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/ (you don't have to start at page one).

Back