PC Assetto Corsa PC Mod Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Thom Lee

Thom Lee

Eastern Creek Raceway is the First (converted) Mod for Assetto Corsa. Rather unfinished. The asphalt is very hilly. Played with 360 controller without driving aids. Fun to drive! Unfortunately no longer available.

Can download some other tracks like Top Gear Test Track here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/categories/ac-tracks.8/

Irfanullah, jpcxn and funnyguy344 like this.
  2. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

gt6champnk69 and funnyguy344 like this.
  3. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Good thing I picked up Eastern Creek yesterday before it was removed.

funnyguy344 and cmbeal317 like this.
  4. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

funnyguy344 and cmbeal317 like this.
  5. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

That possibly confirms my suspicion then...

funnyguy344 likes this.
  6. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

That's what I've been reading as well. They locked all of his threads on the AC Support forum. I wonder if Race Department will take them down as well?

Since this thread is about mods, and not specifically mentioning tracks in the title, I'd like to share these two sound mods I found on the AC Support forum for anyone that hasn't seen them or hasn't been there.

McLaren 12C GT3 - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...p4-12c-gt3-internal-external-sound-mods.7033/

Ferrari 312T - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ferrari-312-t-sound-mod-external-internal.7984/

funnyguy344, ralph89 and Terronium-12 like this.
  7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

AC support forum did lock the threads because those are not tracks made from scratch, also AC forum is Kunos forum and they do not want to be associated with conversion from other game content, it is easy to understand why.
    RD will lock the thread if the owners of the track ask them too, so far, beside some zealots that should know better, no one has complained that their work has been misused, so there is no reason that we cannot enjoy those.

funnyguy344 and FishforRent like this.
  8. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

I saw in the thread for Nardo, the original creator chimed in and said that he was gonna make a better version and include the handling circuit too. I completely understand Kunos and Race Departments stand on conversions.

funnyguy344 likes this.
  9. ralph89

ralph89

Even though I enjoy these conversion tracks, they still feel like "meh" imo. We really need those lazer scan track. :lol:

I wonder... Can you convert tracks from GT6? :D Or do they have too much details to be converted?

funnyguy344 likes this.
  10. Thom Lee

Thom Lee

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    funnyguy344 likes this.
  11. Samus

Samus

Also very much illegal, again not something AC devs will want in their game.

VBR and funnyguy344 like this.
  12. Thom Lee

Thom Lee

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

There is a very Alpha version of the Nordschleife available on the Assetto Corsa forum, still very much WIP but it is driveable and fun.

Edit: Snoopy Nordschleife version 0.5.0 is amazing, the usual warning about having difficulty going back to other SIM version of this fantastic track after trying this one are more than ever in effect. :sly:

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    funnyguy344 and MaDHaX like this.
  15. Jav

Jav

I don't get why someone would go trough that hassle when there will be an official, laser scanned version available that will render it useless...

funnyguy344 likes this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

That is the beauty of having a choice, some like to have the opportunity to use the mod while they are waiting for the official release and other prefer to wait for the official release not using the available mod.
    I am OK with having a choice, what a wonderfull world.

research, Carson79, OldF@rt and 6 others like this.
  17. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

In addition to track mods there are a few very useful texture and weather mods.

SweetFX Shader Suite is an image tweaking / post processing software developed by the folks over at Guru 3D. It can be used for many games.

Alex72 on the AC forums made a preset for AC that will surprise you when you use it first time. Just install it, fire up AC and start a race. Notice anything different? No? Well, press Scroll Lock to turn the effect off and I promise that you will. :) It's pretty amazing how blurry vanilla AC was and how your eyes got used to it. SweetFX will steal about 10% of your fps though.
    Here is the thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...r-ac-for-win-7-dx11-full-program-preset.6104/

Combine SweetFX with Alexandre's "Better sky and cloud colors" and you will have a crisp looking game with a nice blue sky.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/better-sky-and-clouds-color.8146/.

You can of course mess with the two files in Alexandre's mod yourself. Just edit the values in colorCurves.ini and weather1.ini. Note: He just edited CUTOFF=0.4 in weather1.ini (default 0.6) for a slight change of cloud color. It is not advisable to drastically increase the number of clouds. AC will drag your fps through mud and slap you in the face with it.

18. FishforRent

FishforRent Premium

Not sure if anybody mentioned it yet, but Laguna Seca was available on RaceDepartment this weekend. Haven't checked if it got taken down or not. Not a bad version.

Lawndart and funnyguy344 like this.
  19. eSZee

eSZee

It's still there and updated since.

funnyguy344 likes this.
  20. Mars Attacks

Mars Attacks

Tried it, quite good!

funnyguy344 likes this.
  21. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

Hi guys I need a little help with getting these tracks to work.

OK so I download the file, un-RAR file and then I put it here E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

I don't know if that's right since I didn't find any instal instructions but the tracks don't appear with the standard tracks for time attack or hotlap (only 2 modes I tried)

EDIT: never mind the tracks were in a folder if you know what I mean so moved em out of the folder and it works now.

funnyguy344 likes this.
  22. CC570

CC570

Added tracks no longer load with build .9. :(

funnyguy344 likes this.
  23. Filip_Ovik

Filip_Ovik

I've heard the same story of many people now, this is not good in my opinion.

funnyguy344 likes this.
  24. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

Well, I guess it's always a risk when making pre-release mods.

funnyguy344 and CC570 like this.
  25. JerseyDriverSS

JerseyDriverSS

Most were not of good quality in my opinion, so i surely won't loose no sleep over it.

funnyguy344 likes this.
  26. CC570

CC570

I have rfactor* so I won't lose sleep either. But I am still disappointed, the modded tracks were the only content in AC that held any interest for me at the moment.

* edit: and a wife, a business, a cat and a dog. . .

Grippy, Lawndart and funnyguy344 like this.
  27. fatkrakr

fatkrakr

You had to expect at some point there would be an issue with current mods, as the game isn't finished. You cant expect Kunos to release their updates according to how they conflict with mods people may or may not of installed.

funnyguy344 and CC570 like this.
  28. CC570

CC570

All true. Expressing disappointment that the tracks don't currently load does not imply expectations of any sort.

funnyguy344 and fatkrakr like this.
  29. FishforRent

FishforRent Premium

Here's the fix from the Dev's:

Aristotelis said:
    just out of curiosity, check the AC intallation folder/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini for the following line
    WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=1

try changing it in 0 or 1 can't remember. Maybe we changed it by error
    Change it to 0. (it works for modded cars, so it should for tracks as well)

30. JerseyDriverSS

JerseyDriverSS

I can't wait for this one to become available. I love some DPs

funnyguy344, HKS racer and cmbeal317 like this.