New to F1, assists help

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 5 comments
Greece
Salonica
I just purchased F1 2018, my first F1 game since the PS2 days. And I want to drive as in the real life F1. What assists should I keep and what to diss?

Anyone?

Also, for maximum immersion I maxed out the camera shake in cockpit view. But don't you think that's a bit exaggerated, since F1 tracks are so smooth?

Are you driving with a controller or a wheel?

With a wheel, I would turn off all assists, with maybe the exception being ERS deployment, and learn to drive it that way. After gaining experience, you could then use manual ERS. You may also want the pit assist on.

I haven't driven an F1 game with a controller since F1:CE (my first ps3 game). At that time I was using automatic gears. Assists in that game were a little different because the real world cars had ABS and traction control.

Using a controller. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and removing all assists, as a F1 car should be demanding to drive in real life, and I wanna feel that in the game. But max camera shake in cockpit view still feels too much.

Yeah, I just use the default camera-shake.

Using a controller, maybe start out with medium traction control and no abs? Once you are used to the acceleration of the cars, turn traction control off.

I would definitely suggest learning the tracks without using the racing line. (With maybe Paul Ricard being the exception due to how many potential layouts the track has.) You can find YouTube videos explaining racing lines, turn in points, breaking points etc.

Oh, and for the record. I am not an "alien" in terms of sim-racing speed.
Overall, I consider myself to be around, maybe, the top 25%.

If you have the means, and you find you really enjoy games/sims like f12018, I would definitely recommend getting a wheel setup.

Latest Posts

Back