New to Gran Turismo 5...

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 8 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
Hello there, I am new to GT5 being that I have just recently and finally acquired a PS3. I have maxxed out my time on GT4 on my PS2 and needed to upgrade to newer game. I bought a new unwrapped GT5 XL and inside was a voucher for DLC, and when i tried such voucher code i was told by the system it was expired. I did some research on GTPlanet forums to find out all DLC was removed and the servers closed.
So now i have a fully functional GT5 (vers. 2.17, it removed and disabled all online server things like Seasonal Events and such...) but no way to get the cool cars that were only available via the DLC car/race/sport packs.
My question to all who read this is how can I get these cars, is there a way to trade cars like in GT4? if so how?
I was told about Garage Editor, and is something i know nothing about, and know little about "modding" games..
Thank you for listening and awaiting replies...

VBR
GT5 needs to be on version 2.11 for the Garage Editor (which is a PC program) to work optimally/properly. @2_FAST_4_U could tell you more.
Bloody hell, i have a Mac laptop and no full access to a PC, the ones i have access at my job needs admin access to install and use programs.
any chance there is a Mac version?

Welcome,
I started to play from scratch gt5 and gt6 this year.. For example I have gt6 anniversary edition and when I started again I couldn't get something like 20 very expensive cars and bunch of other stuff (don't have codes anymore and even if I have they probably wouldn't work) .. In GT5 I also don't have all the cars (but how many of them you really miss).. Bro there's so much things to do in GT5, just enjoy the game.. Only thing you missed from the game is good online (best in GT games IMO) ..

Yes you missed out on GT5s great online mode, having put myself though hell to get my GT5 platinum trophy I can tell you the game never ends lol I think I clocked up over 250,000 miles on that game lot of that was online tho

Using the GE is possibly the best but I'm not sure if you can still get the last released DLCs there through it.

The GT5 Garage Editor and other tools are great ways to get cars without having to cycle about the Used Car Dealer. It can also modify the parts of your current car and other cars in your garage, but after Version 2.11, PoDi changed some code that resets any cars to their defaults that have been tampered with. Some consider these tools cheating, and technically, they are, so I'd recommend their use after you've played the game a decent amount through.

GT5 is still a very great experience in terms of Gran Turismo; some people will say that playing the game today makes it feel incomplete, as the DLC cars are no longer obtainable unless you've had them purchased/downloaded this entire time, but the game is still great. It's easily PoDi's most-ambitious title they ever worked on, at least in my opinion. Lots of new licenses brings lots of new content (NASCAR, WRC, SUPER GT, Top Gear, etc.), new things for the series (karting, the Course Maker, the "ultimate challenge" at Level 30), tons of cars and courses with new ones making their first appearance to the series and all the classics returning for another round- it's still a fantastic game even today. There's still lots of fun and replay value to be had.

Even if you don't have the DLC installed, the GT5 Garage Editor and other tools will allow you to enable a Secret options menu that can allow you to play as all of the DLC cars. Though, this is limited to Arcade Mode only, so you can't get these cars in GT Mode and customize them. Most, if not all, of these DLC cars were brought forth into GT6 as playable cars, so it's not a total loss if you can't play as them in GT5.

Regardless, GT5 is still a lot of fun. Challenge yourself and see how many License Tests and Special Events you can complete without spending a single Credit! You'll rack up a vast amount of experience points, Credits, and a nice roster of cars to tackle the rest of GT Mode's events if you do! 👍

Bloody hell, i have a Mac laptop and no full access to a PC, the ones i have access at my job needs admin access to install and use programs.
any chance there is a Mac version?
I'd suspect the GE will work in an old OS like XP so you could always boot up a VM and use that if you have no other option?

Also I haven't used the GE, if its a portable software you could just put it on a usb, that used to bypass the exe restrictions on school pc's

Back