New to the game

• Thread starter DIPNSNIFF
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I am new to gt sport but used play the old ones a lot. I have passed almost everything with gold before racing online. So I have some tracks down good and others not so well. BUT racing online I can not seem to overtake anyone or qualify above 6th place, I just hold my position or wreck trying to push it. Is it in the tuning? Even in races where the settings are equal.. I tend to drive the Corvette C7 gr.3, my current favorite. Is it the car choice? Please help

Racing with others on a track is a very different thing from a time trial lap or racing against an AI. AI are more predictable and racing against AI takes less concentration than racing against humans because they block more and work harder to defend their positions. You have to work out how to make alternative racing lines work for you and how to adjust without losing too much time.

As much as it seems as though it's the same skills, there are enough differences to make the whole thing a new learning curve. Stick with it and drive clean and you'll slowly figure it out.

Don’t worry about winning first , drive your best , and try to improve . Race the car in front and behind you . There are plenty of us midfield and back runners looking for a good race too!

If you're coming sixth then that's really not too bad. You're being matched against a field of 19 other drivers who are approximately as good as you are. If you really want to go for a win then what you need to do is pick a race, practice loads and improve your lap times and you will qualify nearer to the front of your matched group.

Back