New tracks for online races: what LENGTH?

• Thread starter James-UK
  • 11 comments

Tracks for online racing, do you prefer:

• 2 miles or less (kart tracks)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 2 to 3 miles (short tracks)

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 3 to 4 miles (medium length tracks)

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • 4 miles plus (long tracks)

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
I have been attempting to make the ultimate track for epic online racing. I have made some short tracks that flow well and are easy to learn in 10 minutes, as well as creating mammoth 6 mile plus tracks with more corners than 'The Stig' has brain cells. :dunce:

But I have a question for my fellow racees. What track length do you like the mostest?

I had some 6 and 7 plus Toscana Tracks. But I'm disappointed to seen that old tracks can't be used on-line.

So, I'll have to start all over again.

Well, so far on Mt. Aso, all tracks are now limited to 1.5-2 miles, which sucks because before the update i could make tracks 2 or 3 miles in length

Long course maker tracks are hard to learn quickly, so I voted short ones.
It would be nice to have in longer ones an option to enable navigator indications (maybe at the cost of added weight?).

I did a 0.94 mike drift track, really all I wanted to feature was a long straight then a good banking right turn followed by a sweeping left and that's it, but as you adjust the track it changes up whole turns. I'll get it.

I don't have just 1 answer...

For short (sprint) races I like 2-3 mile tracks. For endurance races I like longer tracks.

Since most online races are sprint races I picked 2-3 miles.

Most of my created tracks are right around 3 miles.

For those who haven't used these tracks online yet I should mention that tracks can be made from scratch or modified on the spot (although its limited) so you dont need a huge track list on hand.

I do prefer shorter simple tracks for online to get people started and used to these kind of tracks. Then you can get into more complex tracks once you have a good competent room.

Last edited:
I love long, twisty Toscana tracks. So I voted for the 4 miles+ option.

Much prefer long, fast tracks with hardly any slow corners, where you never have to go below 150mph, and just drive, I've got a nice 5 mile track that's under a minute with the x1, about 1.30 with high le mans/group cs

Back