New TT isle of man 3 game in development, out in may 2023, by Rims Racing devs.

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 58 comments
Canada
Mtl
Using the KT engine of wrc generations, well for me at least, im glad, will be cool to try out especially that isle of man course again in a newer game, plus any added cool tracks like in iom and rims games.

I like iom 2 quite a bit, all tracks too, good ai, good sound etc.
Just hope the ai and sounds will be as good as in iom2, ai seemed problematic in Rims in comparison, or weak.

Only tried the demo of rims though on ps4, had stutters, so im waiting to be on ps5.

Saw the news on traxion.gg site.

It will be on last and new gen.

Last edited:

I sort of ended up liking both games but they could’ve been so much better. Both were wasted potential.

The first game had subpar and unpredictable physics whereas the second games fixed the physics but the career mode was an absolute chore and cluttered with events that to me made no sense or gave any meaningful progression.

Definitely keeping an eye on this and will happily purchase it if it’s a clear improvement over the previous two titles.

Well call me a sceptic but RIMS was atrocious, in almost every way. The WRCG engine is fine but nothing special, works for then I guess if they need to release it on 2 generations of console (can we please stop this now?) And the small teaser looks pretty ropey.

I'll avoid this.

I maintain that I've never had quite the sustained adrenalin rush (rather than a simple endorphin hit), from any game ever, as I got from blasting down the Sulby straight at 206mph in the first game... and no doubt part of that was the twitchy physics, but a decent representation of IoM and a few improvements here and there will get me to by this again.

I maintain that I've never had quite the sustained adrenalin rush (rather than a simple endorphin hit), from any game ever, as I got from blasting down the Sulby straight at 206mph in the first game... and no doubt part of that was the twitchy physics, but a decent representation of IoM and a few improvements here and there will get me to by this again.
The first one was great fun, I enjoyed that one a lot, really reminded me of the PS2 titles which were outstanding.

Fjr5cTBX0AAm2pR

Trailer looks horrible. Its nearly 2023, there's no excuse for games to look that bad anymore. And cross-gen needs to die.

Last edited:
Some info from Pushsquare news..
To each his own, but im interested until proven that i dont like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221212-141744_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20221212-141744_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Some info from Pushsquare news..
To each is own, but im interested until proven that i dont like it.
Sounds great on paper. I just have zero confidence in a good product being delivered. RIMS was horrible and that trailer looks terrible, and trailers are meant to be a showcase.

The game can give me bars of gold every time I turn it on and I still won't buy it.

This also worries me that RIDE 5 will be cross gen. :yuck::crazy:

#STOPSUPPORTING CROSSGENGAMES :)

Last edited:
The game can give me bars of gold every time I turn it on and I still won't buy it.

This also worries me that RIDE 5 will be cross gen. :yuck::crazy:

#STOPSUPPORTING CROSSGENGAMES :)
Tbh, RIDE 4 is built by a completely different studio on a vastly superior engine, so I’m not sure how this can mean anything

I was talking about it being cross gen.
I know, but this game has nothing to do with Ride other than the studio being made up of some ex-Milestone employees who were presumably fired for insufficient performance

I know, but this game has nothing to do with Ride other than the studio being made up of some ex-Milestone employees who were presumably fired for insufficient performance
His point is the cross gen part, the developer is irrelevant to his point. And that video above I'm afraid confirms the fears, it looks like a poor PS4 game. This cross gen crap is ruining new releases.

It doesn’t look that good. I imagine it’ll reuse some assets from the previous games, new developer or not? The recreation of the TT course was easily the best thing about the two Ride On The Edge games. I thought the first one was quite charming but had terrible physics, the second one handled much better but was strangely boring. I really hope this is good but I really didn’t like RiMs, I’d struggle to pick out a more boring racing game from the last couple of years than that. Despite its terrible handling I felt a real sense of achievement if I completed a lap on the TT course without veering into the hedge in the first TT game, which I quite liked.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3 Launches May 11

Publisher Nacon has officially revealed the launch date for upcoming motorbike sim sequel TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3 during its Nacon Connect Winter event — and you’ll be able to get in the saddle from May 11...

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll finally include some contemporary Suzuki this time around, I always found it to be a really weird omission in past games considering how well represented they are in actual event

Last edited:
looks like RiMS's handling + TTIOM2 assets..
I like RiMS's physics.
But TTIOM2 graphic won't cut.
Dev has to make any game pretty enough to sale.

looks like RiMS's handling + TTIOM2 assets..
I like RiMS's physics.
But TTIOM2 graphic won't cut.
Dev has to make any game pretty enough to sale.
Imo I dont care about graphics anymore.

Too many devs seem to pour so much resources into photorealism these days they seem to forget to finish the rest of the games structure. Which in turn often leaves to empty game design and glitchy messes yearning for patches.

The past 10 years for gaming has been largely what I just said, in some sort of weird Groundhog-Day dilemma for games...

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the sense of speed in 1 and 2... The handling was more predictable in 2 so most spills were your own fault... The thing that gets me about 2 is that there seems to some lazy programming where by you maybe racing against 3 Ansty's and a couple of Hicky's.... Catching up with yourself on the mountain coarse kind of kills it for me.... Also the career modes waste of time.... Looking forward to 3 but to be honest the trailer and gameplay footage look abit meh...

Back