New tyres after pitsops

  • Thread starter Thread starter killa_kandy
  • 5 comments
  • 740 views

killa_kandy

(Banned)
Messages
168
Messages
killa_kandy
Whenever Im on my outlap I feel that the tyres arent as grippy at first and it takes about half a lap to get up to speed....I dont know if this is just me but do tyres actually need to be warmed up?...if so this is very realistic...
 
Yeah, they certainly need to be warmed up before they get to their optimal grip level.
 
Yes. It's been that way since the original GT, only expanding in the later generations - GT to GT3 (if I remember correctly) only had it in endurances, GT4 had it in all races and GT5 has it in practice mode too. See the tyre indicators, blue is cold and very light blue is fully warm.
 
Yes. It's been that way since the original GT, only expanding in the later generations - GT to GT3 (if I remember correctly) only had it in endurances, GT4 had it in all races and GT5 has it in practice mode too. See the tyre indicators, blue is cold and very light blue is fully warm.

Very light blue is optimal temperature, with max grip (I think you meant that), whereas red is the highest temp with really sucky grip.

Online I find that it's even more noticable.
It is. For some reason grip level is different online from offline. Even when playing with real grip level in practice mode you'll get higher grip than online with real grip level.
 
Greycap
Yes. It's been that way since the original GT, only expanding in the later generations - GT to GT3 (if I remember correctly) only had it in endurances, GT4 had it in all races and GT5 has it in practice mode too. See the tyre indicators, blue is cold and very light blue is fully warm.

blue=cold
light blue=fully warm

thanks for this...btw do any of you guys wanna join my Super GT race series? the pre season race last friday was a success and the season opening race is this saturday the 9th of july 5pm GMT...please lemme know if you guys wanna join....
 
Back