New Vantage

From what I've read I've heard the car:

Can be heard from 2 miles away,
JC doesn't think it't fast enough,
It's 2 seconds slower than a 911 around some track (1:36 vs 1:38 times I think),
and is god, damn better looking than a 911. :drool:

I'm an oolllddd Porsche fan (meaning like, pre-1986 Porsches) so I'll have to favor the 911 over the new Jaguar XK...

Oh...what? That's the DB9...

Oops...it's an understandable mistake though...right?

Nope, it's quite easy to identify. It's a good job humour is legal or I'd have you shot for that. ;) :lol:.

Jaguar-XK-004.jpg

main.jpg

Gotta admit that they're related.

Can anyone find a shot of both cars from the same angle?

live4speed
Nope, it's quite easy to identify. It's a good job humour is legal or I'd have you shot for that. ;) :lol:.
Yeah, and besides, it looks more like a DB7 anyway.
But faced with the new Aston Martin V8 Vantage, I say this: It niether has the looks of the old one, nor the power of the old one. That being said, I bet the new one can turn left and right, which is something the old one was rather...poor at. :lol:

amv8left_001_1_.jpg

side_studio.jpg

V8Vantage-1.jpg

03.jpg

Aston Martin should be flattered, the little styling details set them apart, but in proportion, shape, and general design, it is obvious where the Jags styling cues were cribbed from.

Onikaze
amv8left_001_1_.jpg

side_studio.jpg

V8Vantage-1.jpg

03.jpg

Aston Martin should be flattered, the little styling details set them apart, but in proportion, shape, and general design, it is obvious where the Jags styling cues were cribbed from.

So obvious that the Jag was actually designed by the same designer.

With a sheet of tracing paper.

I hear the Aston is really underpowered to the 911 and, overall, its performance was a major letdown! Even the GranSport can beat it. Not to mention this car cost $40k more than a 911 :ill:

Thats bollocks, sorry but where did you hear that? Over here it's a similar price to the equivilent performance 911, it'll hammer the GranSport round any track, it's not even a comparison.

Bench racing for ya:

0-60...
Aston: 4.7s
Porsche: 3.9s

Braking, 60-0...
Aston 107ft
Porsche 108ft

Skidpad:
Aston .96g
Porsche .98g

Weight
Aston 3460lb
Porshe 3300lb

Road and Track: "The 911 Carrera S is the value here. Although less exclusive, the 911 saves its owner $20,000. It's smaller, lighter, and less powerful, but performance-wise it trumps the English V8."

live4speed
Aston Martins are built in their own purpose built factory in Gaydon and have been for a couple of years now. Before that they were built in Bloxham. There are no Fords built in Gaydon, none, nada, zero, zip and never have been. However you look at it, Aston's arn't Fords, Lamborghini's arn't Audi's, Lotus' arn't Proton's, Maserati's arn't Ferrari's and Ferrari's arn't Fiat's.

Well, no wonder they suck. They're built in Gaydom and Blokesham.

Most aston owners buy it for the looks the badge. I dont think they will care too much that a cheaper car like the 911 can beat it around a track.

None would race the aston because its too beautiful and people would be scared to wreck it. WOULD BUY THIS ASTON AND THEN BUY LIKE A CATERHAM OR EVO AS MY TRACK CAR.

Well in that case, I would rather have the DB9 then. The V8 Vantage tries to be a focused sports car, but comes up short. It's got bits of luxury, but not the full set like you would find in the DB9. So it's either the DB9 for the grand tourer or the Carrera S for the track performance.

iceburns288
Bench racing for ya:

0-60...
Aston: 4.7s
Porsche: 3.9s

Braking, 60-0...
Aston 107ft
Porsche 108ft

Skidpad:
Aston .96g
Porsche .98g

Weight
Aston 3460lb
Porshe 3300lb

Road and Track: "The 911 Carrera S is the value here. Although less exclusive, the 911 saves its owner $20,000. It's smaller, lighter, and less powerful, but performance-wise it trumps the English V8."

REAL racing for you:

Nurburgring:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - 8'03
Porsche 997 911 S - 8'05

Conducted by Auto Sport magazine.

Famine
Nurburgring:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - 8'03
Porsche 997 911 S - 8'05

Conducted by Auto Sport magazine.

A 2 second difference on a 14 mile track is literally nothing. 0.4% of the lap time! That just shows that the cars are similar, but by no means is one better than the other. I'd say the same thing of the 997 was in front, BTW.

Maybe, but it certainly proves that what you read here was bollocks.

iceburns288
I hear the Aston is really underpowered to the 911 and, overall, its performance was a major letdown! Even the GranSport can beat it. Not to mention this car cost $40k more than a 911 :ill:

iceburns288
A 2 second difference on a 14 mile track is literally nothing. 0.4% of the lap time! That just shows that the cars are similar, but by no means is one better than the other. I'd say the same thing of the 997 was in front, BTW.

Absolutely. Whereas everything else in this thread says that one is clearly better than the other. Which isn't the case.

The driver, before anyone mentions it, was the same guy who got the 7'36 in the Carrera GT.

By blowing the crap out of it with its hidden James Bond weapons systems, of course.

Back