New vulnerability in Windows

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Boy
  • 25 comments
  • 1,298 views
I use XP SP2 so I'm fine, from what the article says.

I keep a complete clone of my system on an external 100 GB Hard Disk anyways (I scan for viruses/spyware/adware etc. then clone it, so it isn't infected both ways)
 
MachOne
I use XP SP2 so I'm fine, from what the article says.

I keep a complete clone of my system on an external 100 GB Hard Disk anyways (I scan for viruses/spyware/adware etc. then clone it, so it isn't infected both ways)
What software do you use to clone your system?
 
Jordan
What software do you use to clone your system?

I don't actually "Clone" it per-say...I just transfer all of my files and such to the hard disk and save it. I don't worry about actually putting the XP install,system folders and such on there. It's a useful tool for making sure your always going to have your files (unless it gets run over by a Mack truck or something)
 
My files are too disorganised to backup, so I just burn them ISO by ISO onto DVDs.
 
Did anyone else happen to notice the last line under the "Workaround" section?
 
Yeah. Do you need to restart or are you cool once you do it?
 
It didn't tell me to restart. :(
 
Omnis
It didn't tell me to restart. :(

On the site, it says "may have to restart." It told me to restart, maybe you got lucky. :dopey:
 
ROAD_DOGG33J
On the site, it says "may have to restart." It told me to restart, maybe you got lucky. :dopey:
I guess I'm lucky. I wasn't asked to restart.
 
Man, I think 2005 was a record year for discovering WinXP vulnerabilities.

Patched! 👍
 
I didn't install that. I wasn't awake at 11:49 PM CST last night and I just went into Windows Update and it told me, 0 New Updates.
 
cardude2004
I didn't install that. I wasn't awake at 11:49 PM CST last night and I just went into Windows Update and it told me, 0 New Updates.


Then it probably updated automatically.
 
cardude2004
I didn't install that. I wasn't awake at 11:49 PM CST last night and I just went into Windows Update and it told me, 0 New Updates.
Go into Add/Remove Programs and look for "Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)". If it's listed there, then the patch is installed (automatically?). Else, go download it directly from the link evilgenius provided earlier.
 
Yes, it exists on my Add/Remove page. It says I installed it on 1/06/2005, but I don't remember doing it, and I know for a fact that I went to bed last night at 10 PM CST.

Anyways, who cares, the problem is updated!
 
Jordan
What software do you use to clone your system?
I use "Ghost" and I have a clean Image of my system.
 
Solid Lifters
I guess I'm lucky. I wasn't asked to restart.
I wasn't asked to restart, either.
 
Back