New wheel advice..

• Thread starter SMITHY77
  • 41 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Just need a some advice from those of you that have had any of these wheels please

I have decided to upgrade on my crap basic wheel and my wife has ordered a logitech G29 which includes the gear shifter for my PS4 Pro - price £299 as a surprise.

The wheel arrives next week however it can be returned as long as it is not used.

The reason for my post is that I was looking at the Thrustmaster T150 Pro and the Thrustmaster T300rs GT as well as the G29.

I like the fact that with the t300 I could change the wheel at a later date and also add the BT LED to it.

I keep trying to read reviews online but they are totally mixed so thought I could get your thoughts on what would be best choice

Thanks

I was always planing to buy the T300 some years ago but never got around to it as there jsut wasn't enough games I liked on the PS4 at that point. Then I was going to buy the drive hub and use the older Logitec I had from the ps3.. But we ended up with a G29 in the family so I use that for now. Well the point of the story is I saved up for a Fanatec kit this year and am totally ready to buy one in some configuration. Either the Elite with load cell pedals or the club sport base and load cell pedals. But the whole PS5 situation has put a big cloud over my plans and I need to confirm what is the best option for the ps5 before I blow that kind of money. At least here the T300 isn't that much less expensive than the PS4 Fanatec.. so I would make the jump to that if at all possible.

Not used a T150, but I have a T300 and a G29, and I’ve had other various Logitech G29/27/25’s.

T300 feels nicer than a G29 (much smoother), though the standard rim is terrible (horrible faux leather - G29 is better here)... you really need an aftermarket rim for it if you’re using it a lot.

G29 pedals are vastly better than the T300 pedals... the brake pedal in the t300 pedals is horrible.

You make a choice what matters most.

Hi all.

Just need a some advice from those of you that have had any of these wheels please

I have decided to upgrade on my crap basic wheel and my wife has ordered a logitech G29 which includes the gear shifter for my PS4 Pro - price £299 as a surprise.

The wheel arrives next week however it can be returned as long as it is not used.

The reason for my post is that I was looking at the Thrustmaster T150 Pro and the Thrustmaster T300rs GT as well as the G29.

I like the fact that with the t300 I could change the wheel at a later date and also add the BT LED to it.

I keep trying to read reviews online but they are totally mixed so thought I could get your thoughts on what would be best choice

Thanks

I’ve had both and the t300 is a better wheel but the standard pedals aren’t very good at all, in fact I used Logitech pedals from a g27 with it until recently getting the Thrustmaster lcm load cell pedals.

If you drive in car I think the shifter lights are unnecessary.

Not used a T150, but I have a T300 and a G29, and I’ve had other various Logitech G29/27/25’s.

T300 feels nicer than a G29 (much smoother), though the standard rim is terrible (horrible faux leather - G29 is better here)... you really need an aftermarket rim for it if you’re using it a lot.

G29 pedals are vastly better than the T300 pedals... the brake pedal in the t300 pedals is horrible.

Doesnt the t300 rs gt come with the upgraded t3pa pedals though which I believe are better than logitech.

Out if the g29 and the t300 would you say the immersion is better on the t300 for sim racing ?

I’ve had both and the t300 is a better wheel but the standard pedals aren’t very good at all, in fact I used Logitech pedals from a g27 with it until recently getting the Thrustmaster lcm load cell pedals.

If you drive in car I think the shifter lights are unnecessary.

Cheers, the t300 gt comes with the t3pa pedals in the bundle i was considering.

Would you recommend the t300 gt with the t3pa pedal set over the g29 then

The price difference is just £70 for the thrustmaster over the g29

Cheers, the t300 gt comes with the t3pa pedals in the bundle i was considering.

Would you recommend the t300 gt with the t3pa pedal set over the g29 then

The price difference is just £70 for the thrustmaster over the g29

I would personally especially as I’ve been reading some g29 users aren’t too impressed with it in ACC.

With Thrustmaster stuff and can upgrade different parts, I bought my base as a stand alone with along with Ferrari alcantara wheel, then more recently got the lcm pedals.

Omg man. I have a g29 and I like it. But I do regret not getting a thrustmaster. Reason is very simple. My cord snapped on my pedals and logitech DOES NOT sell spare parts like this. If you want to be able to easily replace parts go thrustmaster. But logitech is solid. It's hard to go wrong here. I also do love the pedals on the g29

The t3 pedals aren’t as good as the g29 pedals.

shifter lights on the wheel are a waste of time!

Omg man. I have a g29 and I like it. But I do regret not getting a thrustmaster. Reason is very simple. My cord snapped on my pedals and logitech DOES NOT sell spare parts like this. If you want to be able to easily replace parts go thrustmaster. But logitech is solid. It's hard to go wrong here. I also do love the pedals on the g29

How you finding the g29 in ACC ?

Cheers...in terms of your t300 have you had any reliability issues with it as I have been watching a few reviews who state it is not as reliable the g29

Cheers...in terms of your t300 have you had any reliability issues with it as I have been watching a few reviews who state it is not as reliable the g29
I'm on my second T300 in 5 years. A bit annoying to have a failure after 2 years but no regrets with it really. Got the Pro pedals too as the stock ones are very cheaply made.

i haven't used the g29 but i had a g25 and i think they are similar.
I now have a t300rs and i find the quality and strength of the feedback to be much better, plus with the ability to change wheel rims (the 599xx rim is lovely) and the th8a shifter is nice after a few very simple mods. The t3pa pedals are nice too again with a quick mod to stiffen up the springs.
I will say that the g25 was bullet proof, it took an incredible amount of abuse. The T300RS feels a bit more delicate but I've had no issues (well i broke one but it was probably my fault for messing with the insides)

How you finding the g29 in ACC ?

It’s ok. Much better than AC.

I didn’t have any issues with my T300.

And have never had any issues with any Logitech wheel I’ve owned.

i haven't used the g29 but i had a g25 and i think they are similar.
I now have a t300rs and i find the quality and strength of the feedback to be much better, plus with the ability to change wheel rims (the 599xx rim is lovely) and the th8a shifter is nice after a few very simple mods. The t3pa pedals are nice too again with a quick mod to stiffen up the springs.
I will say that the g25 was bullet proof, it took an incredible amount of abuse. The T300RS feels a bit more delicate but I've had no issues (well i broke one but it was probably my fault for messing with the insides)

It’s ok. Much better than AC.

I didn’t have any issues with my T300.

And have never had any issues with any Logitech wheel I’ve owned.

Cheers guys...so with the G29 cost at £299 and the T300 RS GT being only an extra £70 and including the T3PA pedal set would you recommend making the jump to the thrustmaster over sticking with the G29 for the price difference?

Personally i would highly recommended the t300gt, accepting what has been said about the rubberised rim not being great (but i wear gloves), but that's half also cos I'm a big AC fan and i understand the FFB is much better on the T300 than the G29 on that game.
Having said that, the G29 is probably a pretty safe bet, can't go too wrong either way

Yeah agree with most said here, im on a g29 and its superb crafmanship to me.
Its still like new after a few years of regular use.
The pedals are great too, nothing needed to do.
Shifter same, with nice leather same as on wheel. And pedals nice polished aluminum.
It is a little notchy with gear driven but you forget about it with headphones.
For me it feels great in ac, and in most any sim i tried, dr2, pc2.
Logitech have solid rep for built quality i think, and trustmaster less so.
Already you have 2 here that say they had problems with th.
And g29 has buttons matching the ps4 ones.
With that said, it could be smoother and you have to set your ffb to be on the lighter side to keep it smooth and feel most details, but i feel all perfectly fine.

Ac is a dream with it for me, haven't tried acc yet.
I'd love some day to try something finer, smoother, with those new load cell pedals you mentioned, but for the price, the g29 with pedals and shifter are pretty good deal. You need spend some time with it to get used to it too.

Thrustmaster also sell high their shifter.
Oh also the g29 has rev lights on it already. But honestly you never look at that while racing and use the on screen rev indicators.

Edit: also as someone said here, i know someone here too that had the t300 with the upgraded pedals and still found them not good enough, especially the brake.
He just got a g29 and couldn't be happier about the pedal.
The g29 wheel and leather on it feel superb to me on your hands.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Thanks

One more thought if are planning on getting ps5 at launch you may wish to wait to see if PS4 wheels are compatible with ps5. I had that issue going ps3 to PS4

Yeah agree with most said here, im on a g29 and its superb crafmanship to me.
Its still like new after a few years of regular use.
The pedals are great too, nothing needed to do.
Shifter same, with nice leather same as on wheel. And pedals nice polished aluminum.
It is a little notchy with gear driven but you forget about it with headphones.
For me it feels great in ac, and in most any sim i tried, dr2, pc2.
Logitech have solid rep for built quality i think, and trustmaster less so.
Already you have 2 here that say they had problems with th.
And g29 has buttons matching the ps4 ones.
With that said, it could be smoother and you have to set your ffb to be on the lighter side to keep it smooth and feel most details, but i feel all perfectly fine.

Ac is a dream with it for me, haven't tried acc yet.
I'd love some day to try something finer, smoother, with those new load cell pedals you mentioned, but for the price, the g29 with pedals and shifter are pretty good deal. You need spend some time with it to get used to it too.

Thrustmaster also sell high their shifter.
Oh also the g29 has rev lights on it already. But honestly you never look at that while racing and use the on screen rev indicators.

Edit: also as someone said here, i know someone here too that had the t300 with the upgraded pedals and still found them not good enough, especially the brake.
He just got a g29 and couldn't be happier about the pedal.
The g29 wheel and leather on it feel superb to me on your hands.

Cheers for your post...its a bloody hard decision to make lol

I like the look of both, but also like the fact the t300 wheel can be changed etc to change look/feel etc but then you take the risk with the lower reliability I guess

Last edited:
I went from G27 to T300 on PC with T3PA Pro Pedals and the TH8A shifter. T300 is stronger with much smoother FFB. The Pro Pedals aren't the best but they are a solid, heavy, all metal piece of kit and a cut above the standard T3PA pedals and the G series pedals. They can also be mounted F1 or GT style and come with a couple of mods for the brake pedal if you prefer something stiffer. The T8HA shifter is also a solid piece of kit, almost all metal as well and light years ahead of the toylike G series shifters. IMO the big advantage of TM is the ecosystem and the ease with which you can modify and upgrade everything if you want to.

I have no experience with the T300 but I’m sure you can’t go wrong either way.

I bought my G29 in late 2017 and it’s still going strong despite nearly 3 years of abuse. It’s been a great wheel for me, but I’m ready for an upgrade.

Last edited:
I have had the T300RS GT Edition (standard rim + T3PA pedals) for two and a half years now and never had a single issue with it. Mind you, I'm not the heaviest user (only like a couple hundred hours of use so far). Still looks and sounds like new (I wear gloves). The pedals may not be the best but they do what they should without any issues. As someone in this thread said, the G29 does look and sound like a toy in comparison. I'd definitely recommend the T300 over the G29. Never played ACC with it though. Only GTS and PC2.

I have no experience with the T300 but I’m sure you can’t go wrong either way.

I bought my G29 in late 2017 and it’s still going strong despite nearly 3 years of abuse. It’s been a great wheel for me, but I’m ready for an upgrade.

How do you find the noise of the gears...is it quite loud, don't have headphones and playing late at night would it be an issue keeping people awake lol ?

I have had the T300RS GT Edition (standard rim + T3PA pedals) for two and a half years now and never had a single issue with it. Mind you, I'm not the heaviest user (only like a couple hundred hours of use so far). Still looks and sounds like new (I wear gloves). The pedals may not be the best but they do what they should without any issues. As someone in this thread said, the G29 does look and sound like a toy in comparison. I'd definitely recommend the T300 over the G29. Never played ACC with it though. Only GTS and PC2.

Thanks for your input...yeah I wont be a heavy user also, so the wheel wont be running 24/7 which I reckon will not burn it out as may be the case if it is getting hammered every day of the week

I’ve had the T300 GT edition for about 3/4 years and it’s been fantastic. I’ve had to change the internal fan recently (easy to do) but apart from that I’ve had no issues whatsoever. It’s been a cracking wheel.

Just enable the fan to run continuously and it’ll extend the life of the base.

Thanks for your input...yeah I wont be a heavy user also, so the wheel wont be running 24/7 which I reckon will not burn it out as may be the case if it is getting hammered every day of the week

Just to clarify. I may not play every day (as I have to set it up each time and that gets a little annoying eventually) but when I do play, it's always a few hours at least (mostly 3-4). I've done even much longer sessions many many times and the wheel has absolutely zero trouble with it. And quality/durability-wise, this is probably more taxing than if you played an hour every day. But I think the build quality in both wheels is probably very similar. So whichever wheel you choose, if you take good care of it, it should serve you well for years. Although the PS5 compatibility should definitely play a role in your decision. But I have no idea whether either of these will be supported. And there's probably no way to know.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...tion-pc-racing-wheel-pedals-10135572-pdt.html

If your in uk this is where I bought my g29 about 3 years ago, got it Black Friday deal including shifter for just over £200
It’s been faultless so far and hard to beat for the money.
Tbh if I were you and wanting to spend much more than this I’d go the fanatec route as it’s a step above both Logitech and Thrustmaster

Back