New wheel advice..

• Thread starter SMITHY77
  • 41 comments
Does the Fanatic csl elite F1 PS4 set work on Xbox one x if you just change the rim?, thinking about getting this ,it's a bundle that comes with pedals..

I had a tmx and g920 which are the xbox version of t150 and g29 on a wheel stand and my thrustmaster broke after 7 days so I moved to the logitech. Now I know you are asking about the higher end version with the t300 but my take away from trying both wheels was the Thrustmaster was smoother and a bit stronger in ffb but the logitech was more detailed. The brake pedal on the logitech is good so much better than the TM brake pedal was but I have changed the spring in mine for a progressive spring cut a rubber stopper down so I can get the last few % with decent resistance and then put the brake spring in the clutch and the clutch spring in the throttle. I often use the gear stick just as 7 extra buttons and have the rubber band mod on it so it's a fly off hand brake or sequential shift depending on mood. I really like the G29 and would like the try the TM300 at some point but if I were to buy again I would get another Logitech or go up to a fanatec. I also have a gimx adapter for playing GT sport if I want to use it with PS4

Also forgot to mention I feel that my logitech has gotten smoother as it's aged. Felt quite notchy new and much more car like as the hours passed.

I went from the G29 to Fanatec CSL Elite. Difference is night and day. Fanatec wheelbase is more powerful, smoother, and the FFB is much more refined. The pedals are a huge upgrade over G29. If you could swing it go this route. If you really are into Sim racing you'll end up upgrading anyway. Save the $$$ and do it right the first time. Learn from my mistake.

Thrustmaster has now new pedals, the Thrustmaster T-LCM with magnetic sensors and load cell on brake pedal,way better than the G29 pedals (T3PA are already better than those for me),T3PA and T3PA Pro.

I would Go for a T300 GT edition or T300 Ferrari Alcántara wheel and once it's possible upgrade to the new Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

Does the Fanatic csl elite F1 PS4 set work on Xbox one x if you just change the rim?, thinking about getting this ,it's a bundle that comes with pedals..
Yes exactly, the golden rule with Fanatec is that PS4 functionality comes from the base, Xbox functionality comes from the rim.

In effect, this means you can use a PS4 set (like the F1 CSL Elite set you mention, which is what I have) and just switch the rim.

Yes exactly, the golden rule with Fanatec is that PS4 functionality comes from the base, Xbox functionality comes from the rim.

In effect, this means you can use a PS4 set (like the F1 CSL Elite set you mention, which is what I have) and just switch the rim.
Awesome thanks,here's another good question,can you use a Thrustmaster t300rs on a Xbox one if you change the rim to a Xbox one rim?I have a t300rs PS4 wheel base and a Xbox one rim..will it work on a Xbox one?I have the TX 458 Itali rim that came with the TX wheel base ,but I only have the T300rs ps4 wheel base now.If Xbox functionality is in its rims,it should work right?

Last edited:
The TX and T300 have had questionable reliability, mainly due to heat, but newer firmware has allowed for an always on function for the fan, I’m sure if you use it it will improve things.

They are a great wheel when you don’t have issues. I had a TX for a few years and never updated the firmware really, so I think heat played a part into why it eventually failed. But I thoroughly enjoyed using it

Awesome thanks,here's another good question,can you use a Thrustmaster t300rs on a Xbox one if you change the rim to a Xbox one rim?I have a t300rs PS4 wheel base and a Xbox one rim..will it work on a Xbox one?
No, only the Fanatec wheels/bases have the ability to be used as you describe. The only way to get Thrustmaster PS wheels/bases to work on XBox is with third party devices like Drivehub.

No, only the Fanatec wheels/bases have the ability to be used as you describe. The only way to get Thrustmaster PS wheels/bases to work on XBox is with third party devices like Drivehub.
Ok cool,does the drive hub work well?

How do you find the noise of the gears...is it quite loud, don't have headphones and playing late at night would it be an issue keeping people awake lol ?

Well your going to run into problems where your wheel will make a lot of noise from the vibration. This is because the FFB in the game is set too high for the strength of the wheel. It will make a nasty grinding noise if you don’t lower the FFB settings.

That noise is kind of loud and I highly doubt it’s good for the lifespan of the wheel. I have to adjust the FFB settings in every racing game that I play. It’s also just plain bad feedback.

Back