New Year Holiday Challenge: Jaguar XJ13 ' 66 Overtake Challenge

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 131 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge: Jaguar XJ13 ' 66 Overtake Challenge

05_jag-jpg.275146

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 17/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 17/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 700,000
Silver: Cr. 450,000
Bronze: Cr. 225,000

Gift(s):
Gold: Jaguar XJ13 '66 (Parts Installed)

Target Time:
Gold: 0:53.000
Silver: 0:54.000
Bronze: 0:59.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Track Length: 1.58 miles / 2543 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Can anyone confirm you can sell your XJ13 Gift? It would be nice since I recently went on a shopping spree and wiped my 50 mil. Sadly I lost my login bonus so I can't race these for a while.

lol thanks but there's actually another confirmation after hitting sell. Either a straight no cannot be sold or a cant be sold remove?/yes credit amount.

Excellent, another XJ13 in my garage. That would put me at four if I manage this little test that is...Oh dear I foresee another collection in my future..:crazy:

The key to this challenge is being as fast as possible right from the start. The quicker you are right from the beginning, the easier the overtaking spots are for the traffic. Takes a really quick line to get the best spots though...

Exactly. I literally dive bomb the first hairpin. But the last car going around the last turn seems to be MUCH wider than it really is.

not the best seasonal i must admit. over strict and you get punishing even when the AI cars hit you, very very frustrating. i managed to get Gold but tuck a good hour and half and sold the car.

Exactly. I literally dive bomb the first hairpin. But the last car going around the last turn seems to be MUCH wider than it really is.
Also the fact that the slightest nudge disqualifies you makes this situation more frustrating.

This Seasonal is tough to have a perfect lap because the AI takes away the racing line in too many corners.:banghead:

Now since I don't want to slow down:D, I'm pushing pretty hard and getting quite a few dis-qualifications due to car collisions and wall impacts.:ouch:

After about 25 attempts I was able to run a decent lap and got ranked at 78th on the early Leaderboard with a time of 51.347:)

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

That's literally the worse way to take that turn if you are going for a top time. Take the outside lane, passing the first car on the outside before the turn. You should meet and pass that car right at the beginning of that concrete on the outside. You will then have more speed going through the hairpin thus catching the rest of the cars a whole lot earlier than you would taking the inside of that first hairpin. That concrete that I'm talking about can upset the car if you brake too heavily, but if you get it right and come out of that hairpin with some good speed, the rest of the cars are easy to catch. You should be passing the last car on the inside at the end of that uphill section just before the left handers there.

52:500 when I left for work. . .
Not bad with only spending the half hour with coffee before I had to leave. But I have a feeling from looking above, that shaving that 00:500 isn't going to be easy, lol.

Tough one. Managed only a Silver so far after about 30 minutes of racing. I'll try again another day.

This was not easy this morning, but fun. I sold the car because I already had an XJ13 and the Chrome Line version. Maybe I'll try to improve my time.

This test reminds me of the mission race at La Sarthe with the XJ13 and the Ferrari, I still haven't gotten past that. Anyway, I managed to get a silver after half an hour, planning to try again tomorrow. After my final attempt, I decided to call it quits and claim my prize money for the silver. I had the 200% login bonus, so I still would have earned a substantial amount of credits, even though I didn't get gold

A connection to the server could not be established.

🤬 you too PD.

That's literally the worse way to take that turn if you are going for a top time. Take the outside lane, passing the first car on the outside before the turn. You should meet and pass that car right at the beginning of that concrete on the outside. You will then have more speed going through the hairpin thus catching the rest of the cars a whole lot earlier than you would taking the inside of that first hairpin. That concrete that I'm talking about can upset the car if you brake too heavily, but if you get it right and come out of that hairpin with some good speed, the rest of the cars are easy to catch. You should be passing the last car on the inside at the end of that uphill section just before the left handers there.

I agree that the outside is the best but I kept bumping the first car (for me rolling starts in the game mess my rhythm up because I'm not in control). So I dive inside and taking a much tighter turn. The move consistently got me to the last car by the last two turns.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try the outside again like you suggested. Hopefully, I'll get a little more time in without distractions to beat this (I've got a 1 year old who LOOOOOOOVES to sit on my lap while I play).

I disagree with that line actually. I trail brake into the first corner as close as possible on the inside of the AI car . Do it right and the line you take through it is considerably shorter with virtually the same speed.

Back