New Year Holiday Challenge: Lancia STRATOS '73 Overtake Challenge

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 64 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge: Lancia STRATOS '73 Overtake Challenge

04_lancia-jpg.275145

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 17/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 17/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 700,000
Silver: Cr. 450,000
Bronze: Cr. 225,000

Gift(s):
Gold: Lancia STRATOS '73 (Parts Installed)

Target Time:
Gold: 0:50.500
Silver: 0:52.000
Bronze: 0:56.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Matterhorn Rotenboden
Track Length: 1.24 miles / 1996 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

UGHH, crapp car on a Crapp part of matterhorn., i made gold after 34 minutes...pffff.
well, pd warned that these events are harder.I have a Goodwood deja vu.

I hate pd. Couple weeks back I bought a Stratos for the Italian event and now I get one for this event. :banghead:

I hate pd. Couple weeks back I bought a Stratos for the Italian event and now I get one for this event. :banghead:
Really? Need a hug?:cheers:
Guess what, i bought a XJ13 a few weeks ago......Only 6.000.000 refund if i sell the car.
Compairing your purchase with mine....and i'm up to 45million allready.
I have to buy cars so i'm left with 40million before entering all races.

So i bought a 20mil.car i could win, and have to buy cars or loose credits.
Bummed out? yes.
Hate PD? no, they did not know.

edit: do not take this post too serious...

Last edited:
Hey I bought a Jag XJ13 as well. So that's two cars that I own that I got awarded. Plus I was being somewhat sarcastic in my comment.
Sarcastic? Yup, me too..;) why i asked you if you wanted a "hug" :cheers:.

I should use the smiley's more.

One benefit of this all.
We can keep one car stock, and the other tuned up to hell.:cool:

It reminds of GT Academy 2012. Last time I was on I had managed a 48.8 placing me 6th on the leaderboard. Since 1st was a full second and then some faster I'm sure my time has fallen. :( I can feel a low 48, but I can't get the first two corners to go right.

Just miss the cones and coast over the curbs. You know the car is short and practically never settled, so you have to adjust yourself for that.

Problem is I already modified my Stratos. The Jag on the other hand will most likely stay stock.

At least you can choose a color you don't have with the Stratos! Mmhh, Azzuro! :cool: Thanks PD!
(And don't tell me you have all Stratos colors already... ;))

The event is a nice challenge, you should try it with ABS0. They tuned out the wiggleness, but not the bad brake balance.

i give up with this one. silvers as best as i can get.

.100 off the gold but i cant get any more out of the car with out going off.

Last edited:
My favorite of all of the challenges, not easy but lots of fun. Here is what I did to get gold.

Pass first car on the right on uphill turn, brake a little shift to 3rd. I stay in 3rd all the way to the top of the hill, passing one car going up the hill and the other car on the outside of the turn in 2nd gear(or before depending how quick you are) before going down the hill. At the first turn on the hill I go to 3rd and then to 4th. I get behind the last car and pass it on the left after the last turn. If you get by that car, you will beat the time.

Last edited:
This car is loads of fun to drive. I found this one pretty easy, even while having some good drifting action on that long sweeping turn. Short shifting this car will also gain you some time as opposed to winding it all the way out to RL.

If you get fast enough you have to go to the inside of the last car. That's tough.

0:48.086

It's fun, it's like throwing the car up a hill.

Last edited:
Just miss the cones and coast over the curbs. You know the car is short and practically never settled, so you have to adjust yourself for that.

Found that it's actually the final corner being the problem. Can't push hard enough without sliding, need to experiment more with where and how I enter that corner.

Yeah that's exactly what I was originally doing, need to know how much I should be turning into the corner at first. I don't know about you but I'm on DS3, 'tis a struggle.

Yeah that's exactly what I was originally doing, need to know how much I should be turning into the corner at first. I don't know about you but I'm on DS3, 'tis a struggle.

Turn in gentle and smooth with quarter throttle (lift smoothly before), go for the late apex but apply more throttle smoothly before apex. You know if you pushed too hard when you touch the gras out of the corner. ;)

Don't know the line when you catch the last car in the corner, only caught it just before finish.

Really tough but great fun!!:)

After about 30 attempts, I've been able to run a decent lap section and placed myself in 175th place on the early Leaderboard with a 48.582 lap:)

I think I can find another tenth or two, but its going to take a lot of work.:ill::banghead:

See you on the Mountain!
GTsail

Well, fours hours of attempts, crashes, 2000 restarts and just under 200 miles just today got me in the 47s pretty good. But then I realized I'm still 1 second back! That's not funny!

I'm not a fan of driving aids but I did this with AS on. Top guys are using it.

image.jpg

Got to be so fast up the hill that you catch and pass the third car before the left otherwise he is completely in the way at this point. That was about 3 hours of driving. :crazy:

Last edited:
A fast time is in the low 30s and high 29s at the split.

Similar to the Jaguar event, it is possible to be too fast through the first part of the TT prior to the hairpin. If you get to the Alpine too soon there is nowhere to pass it. You will hit it or you must stop to avoid hitting it. If you stop, you cannot get back around until after the turn, meaning you can't get Gold.

If you get to the Alpine too soon there is nowhere to pass it. You will hit it or you must stop to avoid hitting it.
Nah, take the left and squeak it in between the signs and car, brake at the first white and blue marker and take the outside around the U.

image.jpg

Should be passing before that though. Blinded by the sun coming over the top and draft the Alpine and pass. Pretty cool.

image.jpg

Rear wheel drive, tail happy classic car with CS tires = fun. Took me almost an hour, decent challenge.

PS - Almost 'golded' it in 2nd place (50.550~), wich would be odd :P

Nah, take the left and squeak it in between the signs and car, brake at the first white and blue marker and take the outside around the U.

View attachment 276036

Should be passing before that though. Blinded by the sun coming over the top and draft the Alpine and pass. Pretty cool.

View attachment 276037

Yep, it's a GR8 event,, once you figure out how to get thru the first chicane and up the hill to pass the second car on the right (ideally before he slips to the right and cuts off that slim space),, doing so puts you on a good line to pass the Alpine on his right and boogie around the quick right aligned to pass the 4th car well before the sweeping left. A good job on the brakes sets you up for a fast down hill charge, pass the 5th car on his right - careful,, the right side of the track will yank you off track into the grass - your toast then,, and streak to the finish. Yes it is a tough one and it took me at least 25 - 30 attempts, learning a little each time where the right line, brake / throttle points were, managing the throttle / brakes but once you get it,, its a blast!! I say GOOD ON YA PD for "FINALLY" getting some challenging seasonal's and TT's!!

Back