New Year Holiday Challenge: Pagani Huayra '13 Overtake Challenge

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 105 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge: Pagani Huayra '13 Overtake Challenge

04_huayra-jpg.279636

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 25/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 25/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 700,000
Silver: Cr. 450,000
Bronze: Cr. 225,000

Gift(s):
Gold: Pagani Hauya '13 (Parts Installed)

Target Time:
Gold: 1:03.500
Silver: 1:06.000
Bronze: 1:10.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Mount Panorama MRC
Track Length: 2.17 miles / 3492 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Last edited:
Lots of trial and error required, the SS tires are a little slippery, the screen flickering with the tree leaves up on the hill, avoiding ramming the Lotus, braking for the Chase and avoiding the Lambo, ugh.

Man this car really felt temperamental, and Bathurst is quite a challenging track to negotiate with a tail-happy, high powered car, much less having to negotiate around other cars as well.

After 40+ kilometers worth of dinging the front bumper and right quarter panel, kissing the back of the Reventon, and sliding into the gravel, I managed to get gold.

Anyone else experiencing a lot of freezing in this particular event? At least one in in five attempts to restart results in the whole game getting stuck and having to reboot PS3. So far I've had no problems with other new events.

Anyone else experiencing a lot of freezing in this particular event? At least one in in five attempts to restart results in the whole game getting stuck and having to reboot PS3. So far I've had no problems with other new events.
Yep, here...pretty effin annoying..PD/Sony has to fix this! It happened with the previous stratos event for me too..

No problems for me, and I had to restart the event a lot due to me crashing into the AI cars. Only event that let's the game crash for me is the 125 Shifter Kart Cup. Preventing me from getting 100% completion. :P

This event is pretty hard, have no clue how the leader on the leaderboards can do a 1:00 something. I was happy with my 1:02.9 after several tries.:P I think the key to successfully completing this challenge is to drive very smoothly. Brake early for the first corner, be patient with passing the Lotus, pass him on the right inside of the corner, then play with the throttle a bit (though you can brake shortly too, as I did) to negotiate the left-right combination. If you're quick enough you can pass the Reventon on the inside of the right-hander, otherwise pass him on the inside of the tight corner to the left (that's what I did). Then you can pass the Ferrari on the left-hander after the long straight and the Lambo in front in the last corner. :)

I'm braking a tad early, passing green Lotus on the left, just missing the cones, passing black Reventon on the right, between it and the tight left right. Fast enough you can draft and pass the yellow Ferrari going up the hill, fly around the right bend and catch the red Lambo before that left turn at the end of the hard braking zone.

:sly:

I like this challenge. As one who thinks this game is way too easy, it's nice to see not only a tough car and track combo, but immediately after the challenge starts, your expected to put some pretty mean passes through the toughest, tightest, section of that track. Not recommended to try these moves on an actual human racer, no doubt it would end in tragedy. #AIDONTMIND

I'm braking a tad early, passing green Lotus on the left, just missing the cones, passing black Reventon on the right, between it and the tight left right. Fast enough you can draft and pass the yellow Ferrari going up the hill, fly around the right bend and catch the red Lambo before that left turn at the end of the hard braking zone.

Wow, you're good. :cheers:

Managed to pass the Lotus on the left a couple of times, but then I always overshoot the right-hander. Never ever came even close to the Reventon before the right-hander leading to the tight left-hander, let alone come close to the Ferrari going uphill. Really curious how you do that with a car that's trying to kill you every second. :D

Jesus this is a little bitch of a challenge :P if I could get it 100% perfect I'd probably just shade a gold, but I'm not sure my sanity will hold out much longer...

I'll try and gold this for the payout.
God what an horrific car. (looks and handling)

After the xj13 I was kind of hoping for another 20.000.000Cr car.

This. Especially releasing on xmas day; had my fingers crossed for P330/Miura in one event and Ford MarkIV/GT40 in another. Only way I would have ever owned these cars in GT6. 20,000,000 CR is just too much for vehicles that have a pretty limited use. They could at least add a few S-Class endurance races locked to the 15,000,000+ Cr cars to give us an incentive to procure said cars.

Letdown aside I am still thrilled to now own the xj13, so I can't complain! Just think they should have released the jag event second so as not to get our hopes up for another top-tier prize, haha.

As for the holiday events themselves, I echo the sentiments that it is great to see some challenge. Although its going to be kinda boring without any of the normal a-spec events to grind the next two weeks after these are all conquered, but I'm not complaining (or am I? lol).

Bah, I'm tired & grumpy so I'll stop rambling. Merry Christmas, people!

I've owned every car that has been a reward for all of these Christmas Seasonal events, from last week and this week. (Excepting the VGTs, of course.) I suspect that that will continue to be the case over weeks three and four.

The wall collision was the biggest problem for me. I spent about 25 minutes feeling like i was being picked on for looking at them. Once i managed to get the line around the lambo it was good fun. Those walls though...

Also, I've only owned the game a couple weeks, so I'm new to the seasonals... Am i supposed to be able to get gold without overtaking all of the cars, even though i got the gold time, in an overtaking event?. I did it a second time and got them all, just to be sure i hadn't gotten lucky.

Was a bit of a pain, AI loves to drive around in the middle of the track then brake really early which catches you out - they also have a habit of turning in on you.

@ AnfLaw

You can get gold without overtaking all the cars, they're really just obstacles to make it more difficult/annoying depending which way you look at it.

Also, I've only owned the game a couple weeks, so I'm new to the seasonals... Am i supposed to be able to get gold without overtaking all of the cars, even though i got the gold time, in an overtaking event?. I did it a second time and got them all, just to be sure i hadn't gotten lucky.

What Fuzzi0n says is correct. The gold, silver, and bronze are calculated on time in GT's overtaking events, so we're essentially just time-trialling with moving obstacles in the way.

Was a bit of a pain, AI loves to drive around in the middle of the track then brake really early which catches you out - they also have a habit of turning in on you.

@ AnfLaw

You can get gold without overtaking all the cars, they're really just obstacles to make it more difficult/annoying depending which way you look at it.

What Fuzzi0n says is correct. The gold, silver, and bronze are calculated on time in GT's overtaking events, so we're essentially just time-trialling with moving obstacles in the way.

Thanks guys. Happened again redoing the Jag seasonal this morning. Much calmer reaction now i know. lol

Got silver so far after a few tries...gonna go fo gold today after work...who can't use an extra pagani in their garage

1:02.594. I am sure I've left a second or two in the last few corners, but who wouldn't want to be cautious and just gold it after restarting 50 times? :banghead:

I was with you for the first two cars but I barely beat the Enzo into the first hard braking zone, and only overtook the Lambo just before the last corner. I had a hard time nailing the corner exit before the long straight so that's probably why.

Back