New Year Holiday Challenge: SLS AMG GT3 '11 Overtake Challenge

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 137 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge: SLS AMG GT3 '11 Overtake Challenge

03_mbsls-jpg.279635

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 25/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 25/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 700,000
Silver: Cr. 450,000
Bronze: Cr. 225,000

Gift(s):
Gold: SLS AMG GT3 '11 (Parts Installed)

Target Time:
Gold: 1:07.000
Silver: 1:08.500
Bronze: 1:14.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Nürburgring 24h
Track Length: 2.09 miles / 3364 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Last edited:
Same thing here easily golded after 10 tries and already have the SLS gt3 so I'll be selling the prize car

Considering I did the Bathurst one first, this one wasn't nearly as nerve wrenching. Driving on a track I'm quite familiar with, and with my favorite GT3 car. This took a few tries, much fewer than the other overtaking challenge.

These seem like license tests to me and just can't get into them.

Feels too much like the GT4 Missions all over again.

I pick and choose what I like to do - it's a veritable smorgasbord of automotive action, so there is plenty for me to do. Not even finished all the Sierra Events yet, and I'm impatient to get to that but side-tracked all the time by yet another side dish.

There's no organized races being offered . . . however - if you have plenty of credits and plenty of cars there are lots of good races hidden in the most obvious places and one doesn't need to depend too much on 'Overtake' missions for fun.
As practise, and for refining ones skills - yeah, definitely, these 'licencing'-type events should be good for keeping ones talent fresh and honed.

Since I was quite tired after a long day I golded the event even though I never passed the GTR in first, sort of defeated the purpose of an overtake challenge.

As a ring lover I made a quick go with this one yesterday and managed a 1:04.280. I can see myself getting into the 1:03 with a little more time to practice. I love this event, and the way the cars are placed through the driving line made me think of some effort from PD to make it hard and appealing. It seems, in my opinion, that PD is in the right way with this kind of events.

As a ring lover I made a quick go with this one yesterday and managed a 1:04.280. I can see myself getting into the 1:03 with a little more time to practice. I love this event, and the way the cars are placed through the driving line made me think of some effort from PD to make it hard and appealing. It seems, in my opinion, that PD is in the right way with this kind of events.
Agree 100% just imagine this event full track length :D :D :lol: :lol: :ill: :ill: :boggled: :boggled: :lol: :lol:

Great time BTW :cheers: interesting to see how fast you're eventually able to go :drool:

Wow! Great time! I can never get around that ****** BMW Z4 GT3 before the corner, so he always messes up my times...:-(

1:04,230 with the DS3 and without driving aids (ABS: 1)
The car is fast and aggressive, but you should not overdo it with the R8 and the Z4... The rest are OK.

Last edited:

Fantastic time!👍:bowdown:

I've only been able to run a 1:05.204 for 164th place on the early Leaderboard.

As you say, I'm finding that the placement of the AI makes for some very tough overtakes. Similar to what @nExx mentions, I'm having a tough time getting past the BMW Z4. I usually been going around him on the outside of the turn, because every time I try to follow the inside line I get the collision penalty or I hit the cones and get the obstacle penalty.:banghead:

Great fun!:cheers:
GTsail

This TT have a little bug

Normal finish countdown of start time trial, its in 3th gear no ?

In strange moments youre restart time trial and enter again and in finnish of countdown you go in 4rth gear and its 1 tenth more faster.

Sorry for me english, underster the problem?

Im GTro_Juan

In strange moments youre restart time trial and enter again and in finnish of countdown you go in 4rth gear and its 1 tenth more faster.

Im GTro_Juan

I never experienced what you said... I noticed that some of my friends are able to get through the downhill a little bit faster than me even in the first meters, but it's more related with how you can deal with the curbs. Next time I'll check the starting gear.

Im GTro_Juan

I never experienced what you said... I noticed that some of my friends are able to get through the downhill a little bit faster than me even in the first meters, but it's more related with how you can deal with the curbs. Next time I'll check the starting gear.

This happened to me, I downloaded the update and made a lap here and then went to the other challenge. The Panorama challenge would freeze on me so I came back to this one. My first attempt ghost was a full car ahead of me midway through the downhill section.

I restarted about a dozen laps trying to match my original speed before getting to the first car, I gave up and backed out re-entered and was now able to be even with my original ghost.

Im GTro_Juan

Yep I had the same issue here, mine happened yesterday when i saved my best attempt at this event and watched the replay then restarted and the countdown was putting me in 4th gear at the start? It is strange as I was gearing up through habit and starting in 5th :P took a few attempts to adjust... but yes a very strange bug for sure 👎

Im GTro_Juan

Nothing wrong with your English that will cloud our understanding - you were perfectly clear:

Restart - everything is not the same ; that's what I'm reading.
I'm taking it that you mean ' Re-try' (which is different to quitting and 're-starting' the event.)

This is a significant 'wrinkle' to the events - significant enough to be not only noticed, but to have had several people come forward with noting it - as we can see in this thread after you brought up the matter; maybe we need a separate discussion on it, but it does impact on this event, too.

This also happens in many other events - including some races in Career Mode.

Here's what we know:

The GT6 Manual states that every time we use the car it deteriorates; we have to factor in 'running in' when looking at this value. A car can also gain HP when retrying an event over and over - you may enter with a car that has 600PP for instance in a 600 PP Event, but after you've raced that event several times you may find a HP and PP gain.
If you quit and try to restart the event it will inform you that your car is eligible no more.
As you use a new car for the same event over and over without quitting it gains HP (while deteriorating at the same time.) A car that has been run-in will deteriorate faster till it comes to the point you need an oil-change.

Damage and deterioration is addressed as follows in the manual:

Damage, Dirt and Deterioration
The distance you have driven in a car is displayed on the odometer. Driving over long distances causes engine condition, oil condition and body rigidity to gradually deteriorate. This is known as "deterioration". Your car's body will also get dirty, and may suffer dents or scratches as a result of collisions or crashes. This is known as "damage". If your car has suffered damage or if its condition has started to deteriorate, please visit the Pit Service in order to repair your car.

Deterioration and damage are dealt with in the following ways, depending on the race mode:

Career Mode
Deterioration and damage incurred while racing remains once a race is complete. If you cancel a race before it is finished, your car's condition will deteriorate, but damage will be reset.
Free Run
Your car will incur deterioration and damage while driving, but as soon as you quit the Free Run, the damage will be reset.
Arcade Mode
Your car will incur deterioration and damage while racing, but both deterioration and damage are reset as soon as you select "Quit" from the Race Menu.

See: http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt6/manual/

Does this effect Online TTs/Missions/Races? That is the question for which we have to find an answer.

Secondly - the question of the gear being in some other gear - this could be possible due to the car being left in that gear at the end of your run; when you retry it starts off on the gear you left it at.
Only experimentation will give you the truth of that.

There is no doubt that there is a significant effect on the car after several tries.
I have noticed myself that if I quit and re-start (not re-try) the car feels better.
But until several people perceive that effect I'm merely hallucinating alone - when everybody feels the same thing, at least the hallucination will be a shared one.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with your English that will cloud our understanding - you were perfectly clear:

Restart - everything is not the same ; that's what I'm reading.
I'm taking it that you mean ' Re-try' (which is different to quitting and 're-starting' the event.)

This is a significant 'wrinkle' to the events - significant enough to be not only noticed, but to have had several people come forward with noting it - as we can see in this thread after you brought up the matter; maybe we need a separate discussion on it, but it does impact on this event, too.

This also happens in many other events - including some races in Career Mode.

Here's what we know:

The GT6 Manual states that every time we use the car it deteriorates; we have to factor in 'running in' when looking at this value. A car can also gain HP when retrying an event over and over - you may enter with a car that has 600PP for instance in a 600 PP Event, but after you've raced that event several times you may find a HP and PP gain.
If you quit and try to restart the event it will inform you that your car is eligible no more.
As you use a new car for the same event over and over without quitting it gains HP (while deteriorating at the same time.) A car that has been run-in will deteriorate faster till it comes to the point you need an oil-change.

Damage and deterioration is addressed as follows in the manual:

See: http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt6/manual/

Does this effect Online TTs/Missions/Races? That is the question for which we have to find an answer.

Secondly - the question of the gear being in some other gear - this could be possible due to the car being left in that gear at the end of your run; when you retry it starts off on the gear you left it at.
Only experimentation will give you the truth of that.

There is no doubt that there is a significant effect on the car after several tries.
I have noticed myself that if I quit and re-start (not re-try) the car feels better.
But until several people perceive that effect I'm merely hallucinating alone - when everybody feels the same thing, at least the hallucination will be a shared one.
Very interesting theory! I will try it out later!

The best I can do is 1:10:xxx. I HATE all these challenge's. The best I can do is bronze, in any of them,sometimes. In my opinion all of these seasonal events are way to hard. I remember GT5 seasonal events were a lot easier.

Im GTro_Juan
Here's a little trick for you Juan :D , in case you have a G25/G27, before starting the TT leave the shifter in 4th gear, your car will start the TT with the gear you've selected in your shifter.

1:07,069...1:07,042....why?

I think i need a great line of one of you record holders..

YEAH..1:06,604 finally 6345e but after so many attempts it feels like number 1

Last edited:
1:03.677 fun challenge even though my G27 paddle shifters are acting up randomly downshifting or upshifting when trying to do the opposite...:crazy:

After the lap the game froze trying to udate the leaderboard i thought it would not add to the list, it worked but i lost the ghost replay :(

anyone else having the shifting issue with the G27? or its just my Wheel that is giving up...

By coincidence I actually went out and bought a brand new G27 in Darwin today for AUD $239. My Christmas present to myself.
Still in the box but I'll get around to sorting it out sooner or later.

This race? Spent a few hours last night before I was able to complete a lap and get gold. Forget the time.
This is a tricky one with many close shaves. I thought the car handled itself pretty well though.

I don't expect to do much with the G27 for a while although it would probably be better to get into it straight away and leave the controller. Oh well, we'll see how things pan out.

I should add that the $2.75 million was a welcome addition. Pity you can't get paid for this one over and over.

By coincidence I actually went out and bought a brand new G27 in Darwin today for AUD $239. My Christmas present to myself.
Still in the box but I'll get around to sorting it out sooner or later.

This race? Spent a few hours last night before I was able to complete a lap and get gold. Forget the time.
This is a tricky one with many close shaves. I thought the car handled itself pretty well though.

I don't expect to do much with the G27 for a while although it would probably be better to get into it straight away and leave the controller. Oh well, we'll see how things pan out.

I should add that the $2.75 million was a welcome addition. Pity you can't get paid for this one over and over.
Nice xmas present. I brought one for myself as well but figured pretty quick that it was a waste of my money. I am hopeless on it!!

Nice xmas present. I brought one for myself as well but figured pretty quick that it was a waste of my money. I am hopeless on it!!
HAhaha, I tried to play with the pad couple of months a go and I just about got the car around the track, just awful. Just force yourself to play with it for couple of weeks and I bet you'll get the idea how to use it. 👍

Back