Newb Question 2: Can you tune to win online BoP dailies?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

May as well get another newb question out of the way.

I tend to play only the daily races (and have dipped my toe in the FIA online races too but the times dont really suit me.)

I'm aware that, although Balance of Power is set to "on" some cars in the same class are just inherently a wee bit better.

My question is: can any car be tuned to improve in these online races in any way?

I think I went into car settings and levelled one or two settings up to 3 (Power maybe?) but does it have any effect on online racing? Or does balance of power negate any tuning so its pointless doing it in the first place?

I have pretty much zero interest in the offline stuff (apart from doing the training school) and my only goal is to make my cars as effective as possible in the online sport races.

Any advice appreciated, cheers

No. Balance of power equalizes all cars to run (more or less) equal in power.
Balance of performance, not power. The intent of BOP is to make cars as close to each other in terms of lap times (and fuel and tyre use, in real life endurance races).

And no, tuning is turned off in BOP events - for pretty much that reason. Tuning upsets BOP, and mean it's no longer the level playing field it's supposed to be (but rarely is!).

Balance of performance, not power. The intent of BOP is to make cars as close to each other in terms of lap times (and fuel and tyre use, in real life endurance races).

And no, tuning is turned off in BOP events - for pretty much that reason. Tuning upsets BOP, and mean it's no longer the level playing field it's supposed to be (but rarely is!).

My bad.

Back