Newb question: Why are Daily Races limited to Gr 3 and 4?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all

New here, and to the series, but let me say I am totally smitten by GTS. I usually buy racing games and ditch them after a short while however GTS has gripped me hard and I cant put it down.

It's the online aspect for me. I can't get the same buzz racing AI (to each their own) as I do human opposition.

To that extent, I am building up a nice wee collection of cars and have dressed them up all pretty in user created liveries. However here's the question: Can I race anything outwith Group 3 or 4 classes online?

Im not really keen on the creating or joining lobbies as they are a bit bespoke and finicky. I love the automation of the daily races...just join...qualifying lap...then race.

Do daily races ever feature other classes? For example I really want to race my Cobra against other Cobras or similar class cars but feel I'll be waiting for ever for it to randomly appear in a daily race.

Forgive me if Ive missed something glaringly obvious but any help appreciated cheers

Edit: Im aware of the "one make" dailies of course but the car selection is often pretty uninspiring and you cant use your own liveries so can feel a bit bland imo.

You pretty much summed it up right there: you have to wait for PD to give the right Daily Race A or B if you want to drive particular road cars online. Lobbies are your only hope otherwise.

Because they started with a good idea and didn't follow it through with other categories. Or they don't want to/can't include a category where not all manufacturers are represented.

Gr.1 cars are mostly VGT. Unless they would limit the choice to actual LMP1 cars, I don't see it happening soon. They need to make Gr.3 and Gr.4 as balanced and competitive as possible because it's not the case atm. Also, I doubt most people could handle a Gr.1 car race in sport mode without huge crashes and mistakes. That happens with slower cars, imagine with Gr.1 cars... I'm not in a rush to have them in Sport Mode to be honest. I can race them in lobbies if I want.

Race A was an N300 class race with BoP on during the first few days of launch. Before long almost everyone started running the M4 I think, a N400 car, and reducing the power until it met N300 class spec. After a few days of this they changed race A to a one make and it has been this way ever since.

Cheers for the feedback guys, I am up for wating for it to be improved and the classes widened but it also feels like it might be change that never comes.

Like I said I only play the online sport mode and so far most of my car collection has gone unused bar the group 3 and 4 class.

Sometimes a daily will come on and I don't have the car which makes me think "oooh I should buy this car" but I then think "apart from today, when is the next time I'll actually NEED this car"

I want to buy cars but when a game thats focus is meant to be online leaves most of my garage unraced, what's the point?

I adore the game btw, Im just trying to understand the kinks cheers

Apologies for double post but I've just checked my garage and out of 49 I only have 12 which are group 3 or 4. Since I'm playing the Daily Races solely (the main focus of the game apparently) then it leaves 37 cars in my garage pretty much redundant.

For an online racer, that feels plain weird.

Loved the Fittipaldi in daily races. They should mix up more frequently.

Just love the daily races though. Put in a decent lap in 15-20 mins and quickly dive in the races. Super quick and great races. Awesome fun.

I finished 10th and 8th in Suzuka today but had great fun with a decent quali lap.

Back