Newcomer to GT world... looking for a F458 gift...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dude27
  • 74 comments
  • 3,304 views
I know, I already gold some of the intermediate aswell... ;-) very easy with the tuned Beemer unfortunately, not good & hot prize until pro, so it's just bonus money for each standard prize. I'll just like to get the challenge ticket to buy the car I want (respecting the level number)

I'll surely borrow your Zonda for a photoshoot! :-)

just in case no-one's told you yet, the best paying a-spec races are European championship and American championship in Expert series.

98k (x2 if double xp) - American Champs - 3:45
77k ish (x2 if double xp) Euro Champs about 5 mins i think

but i'd use the huge cash and xp in the seasonals to rank up super quick and then level won't be an issue anymore. plus you'll be cash-rich!! :)

if there is a car you need to borrow just ask. :)
 
FR me if u need any car under 1m or need any to borrow!

I'd love to help!
Cheers mate!
 
Thank you Towie...WOW, what a great community! :)
 
@Barcelonic: Thank you for the tips, BTW what does this mean "if double xp"?
 
@Barcelonic: Thank you for the tips, BTW what does this mean "if double xp"?

If you have the 200% bonus
 
I ask myself: Why do many (not all) newcomers have to make the game much easier for themselves?
 
Dude27
@Barcelonic: Thank you for the tips, BTW what does this mean "if double xp"?

Every day you play while signed in to the psn you get a experience and cash boost. It goes all the way to 200% wich means you get double the cash and double the experience for each even.
 
Do any of you have the Alfa romeo giulietta sprint 1965? nice little car! but how is it performing? enough to finish the 2 beginners challenges?
 
Thank you for the explanation,

@Photo, I'm sorry, I just don't have your playing time to go deep in the career: maybe 1-2 hours a day max! and as I LOVE photo, I spend a lot of time recording my race and do photomode...

That's been said, I also like to complete challenges, win prizes and get enough money to buy the top cars myself... but from time to time I'm not against a nice help from the community to get FEW nicer cars (mostly for photography purpose) at the beginning of my career because all the early money goes into less interesting (for me) cars, tuning them to win some earlier challenges.

I add that I'm a PC simracer first (LFS, CARS, RBR, GTR2...), so generally in these games: you get already all the cars you want to drive at the beginning...
 
Last edited:
Dude27
Do any of you have the Alfa romeo giulietta sprint 1965? nice little car! but how is it performing? enough to finish the 2 beginners challenges?

I've got it, i'll put it up for borrowing when I wake up in about 8 hours. (since im in bed atm I cant do it.) it will do the trick, do I need to put any parts in it or just run it stock? Is there any PP limit?
Cheers!
 
I don't think so, I'll leave you a email on the PSN when I add you tonight
 
Do any of you have the Alfa romeo giulietta sprint 1965? nice little car! but how is it performing? enough to finish the 2 beginners challenges?

it'll do the euro classics but not the supercar classics
and isnt eligible for japanese classics obviously
supercar classics is rather limited because there aren't too many supercars before '79 in gt5. the Ford Mark IV will work and ferrari has a premium one but i prefer the Lambo Miura for this event - remember there are no tuning restrictions in most events but still watch the PP and weight (weight affects cornering) as overkill will just be wasted credits

i think i like the miura for this because it can be tuned whereas most the other eligible cars are race cars and can't be tuned up or painted. even adding a flywheel & clutch to a car can give it an edge, but tires are important too :)
 
Dude27
I don't think so, I'll leave you a email on the PSN when I add you tonight

Added the car to online, cheers!
 
Thank you Towie, I will see that tonight.

I worked on my career yesterday... finishing to gold every beginner's challenges and most of the intermediate... I was a little disappointed about the level 5 ticket, I believed you could buy any cars up to lv5 with it but it was just a random pick... another standard that I quickly sold. Too bad...
 
Tobad u got a crap car from the ticket, also let me know if you need any car and i'll send it right away!

Cheers!
 
Thank you Towie, I will see that tonight.

I worked on my career yesterday... finishing to gold every beginner's challenges and most of the intermediate... I was a little disappointed about the level 5 ticket, I believed you could buy any cars up to lv5 with it but it was just a random pick... another standard that I quickly sold. Too bad...

yep im afraid thats how tickets work but check the UCD after every race there will always be new cars. Eventually after you start building your collection up there won't be too many cars you'll be after anymore.

Whichever car it is you want will appear in the UCD at some point and if you check it after every race you maximise your chances of getting it soon.
Failing that most tradeable cars you can get on here for free if you ask nicely - the only reason someone might not be able to is because of trade slots. Only one car or ticket can be sent per machine per day. Otherwise you'd most likely be flooded with cars from peeple already

In a week you'll have more cars than me :)
 
I bought one used standard Viper yesterday (black with white stripes), put new black chromed wheels, tuned it to 500hp... she flies in the pro-challenge American Muscles! not too bad for a standard...

ATM, the used UCD is to spot my rare owned real cars in their original colors (not easy!!!).:
- Opel Corsa 1.4 metallic azur blue and metallic dark blue ..
- Pug 206 in metallic brown/sand
- Pug 405 in red (later years) or metallic green (early years)

or to get any decent car for the very specific challenges: I tune it just enough, complete the challenges and sell it back quickly...

I want a quality garage... I guess I'm not the "pure" collectioneur kind. :)
- All the iconic supercars and historic racecars
- my real owned past cars
- any recent "normal" cars that I would like to buy for real if I had the budget: Subaru imprezza STI, Mitsu evoX, merc AMG,...
 
I bought one used standard Viper yesterday (black with white stripes), put new black chromed wheels, tuned it to 500hp... she flies in the pro-challenge American Muscles! not too bad for a standard...

ATM, the used UCD is to spot my rare owned real cars in their original colors (not easy!!!).:
- Opel Corsa 1.4 metallic azur blue and metallic dark blue ..
- Pug 206 in metallic brown/sand
- Pug 405 in red (later years) or metallic green (early years)

or to get any decent car for the very specific challenges: I tune it just enough, complete the challenges and sell it back quickly...

I want a quality garage... I guess I'm not the "pure" collectioneur kind. :)
- All the iconic supercars and historic racecars
- my real owned past cars
- any recent "normal" cars that I would like to buy for real if I had the budget: Subaru imprezza STI, Mitsu evoX, merc AMG,...

when the game first came out it took ages to grind credits but now its easy. youll have all that in no time although the untradeables might take a while as you need a level ticket to get it or wait until it appears in UCD/OCD & have many millions ready for it lol
fortunately you can trade tickets on here - level 23 tickets are the ones you are after for now if you want high-spec racing cars. every car at that level is really powerful.

as for muscle cars (standard/premium doesnt matter - only affects aesthetic quality not performance) they are the most tuneable in terms of upgrading engine & adding turbo kits. German-made FRs can also be tuned through the roof, but with both types be careful as engine tuning cannot be undone and there is such a thing as overkill.

in other words theres no point trying to turn a hatchback into a rocket car if it was designed to be driven as a hatchback lol :)
i learned this the hard way as i have quite a few over-tuned cars still in my garage somewhere.

in the beginning when cash is tight though i mainly focus on a clutch & flywheel, tires & at least one level of weight reduction depending on the car

5 & 6 speed close ratio transmissions can be useful early on to save money but be aware once cash is flowing you'll probably want fully customisable kits on all your cars.

and then theres the obvious choices - the catalytic converter and an exhaust plus a filter - these are the ways to tune the BHP quite cheaply to give you a little edge on a single-race event like Lupo cup for example.
 
Dude27
- any recent "normal" cars that I would like to buy for real if I had the budget: Subaru imprezza STI, Mitsu evoX, merc AMG,...

Send me a message to my psn/or post here about getting one of those and i'll send it when I wake up, ofc tell me what colour you want on it. (from the dealership colours.) also if you want it fully tuned!

Personally I loooove the STI!
Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the useful tips, Barcelonic! Yes, I saw that (grinding credit)... when you are connected, you see the multiplier yesterday it was 200%, the day before 170%... I did few race in pro challenge and some special event and in no time I had nearly 500.000 credits!

So I bought some premium (mitsuX, impreza STI 2010, integra, ...) and I won some cool car (Maserati Gran Turismo)... and tried them on the TG track.

I even went to see the seasonal event but they are out of reach for me right now... there is one (suzuka?) where the top 20 are on the same nissan r390... is it the best non-racing modified car in GT5?

@towie: yeah I bought it, fine ride!
 
Thank you s15240drifter for the gift... not easy to write on the PSN with the joystick! She is a blast to drive!

and a late Thank you to Towie about the Alfa romeo, great little car!
 
if you guys need a paint or something else, don't hesitate to ask! if you want a specific used car and it happens to show on my used dealership, I'll buy it for you.
 
I've got it, i'll put it up for borrowing when I wake up in about 8 hours. (since im in bed atm I cant do it.) it will do the trick, do I need to put any parts in it or just run it stock? Is there any PP limit?
Cheers!
When you wake up? So, you're posting this asleep? Wow, the Norwegian jokes really are true.
 
Dude27
Thank you s15240drifter for the gift... not easy to write on the PSN with the joystick! She is a blast to drive!

and a late Thank you to Towie about the Alfa romeo, great little car!

If you need anything else just let me know. When I first started playing a few people helped me out and I like to do the same for everyone else.
 
Finduszip
When you wake up? So, you're posting this asleep? Wow, the Norwegian jokes really are true.

... Facepalm.
 
Dude27
if you guys need a paint or something else, don't hesitate to ask! if you want a specific used car and it happens to show on my used dealership, I'll buy it for you.

If you see the M3 GTR '03 i'll be more than happy to get one, been looking for it a couple of weeks! :) I'll send you a car when I get home today! :)
 
@Towie: Noted!
@s15240drifter: Thank you, Sir! You're really a gentleman!
 
I even went to see the seasonal event but they are out of reach for me right now... there is one (suzuka?) where the top 20 are on the same nissan r390... is it the best non-racing modified car in GT5?

was it a time trial? cus you said top 20 lol - i dont do time trials so not sure which one but no the RS90 is a Nissan Race Car - its level 23 and is about 700pp ish

with AA-spec you can pretty much choose your favourite car to jump into and go wild but seasonals are harder because of tight restrictions and good AI opposition. On that time trial it probably means the best car for that is the Nissan. Often on seasonals there'll be one car way and above the rest even if the specs don't always reflect that - for that time trial it could have been the Nissan race car you mentioned.

So i have 220 cars of varying PP and my favourites are normal road cars i've painted and tuned myself but for seasonals i rarely get to choose whichever i want because even though plenty are eligible, most of them can't compete against the opposition so you need to choose your car carefully.

when seasonals open up remember you can do them as many times as you like and with double credits you can make a lot - there's a race there now (max 650pp i think) which pays out 800,000Cr per race (5 laps) :)

btw dude add me on psn my ID is Barcelonic.
and remember to set your favourite photos to online status :)
 
Back