Newest member of the X1 club!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shaneman
  • 16 comments
  • 1,601 views

Shaneman

(Banned)
Messages
187
Messages
MoneySL777
Finally did it! Had to borrow a friends wheel. Shout out to the goove. The b-spec drivers have NO CLUE!!
 
Congrats. See you there in a few weeks.
 
It is quite an experience trying to win that sucker isn't it :)
 
Has anyone beat the challenge with a controller?
 
I bronzed monza with a remote. 2 secs to slow on the first track. Suzaka- forget about it.
 
It's doable (do-able?) with a pad. Bronze atleast. I will never get silver.

Suzuka was by far the hardest. The chicanes are a nightmare.
But even Monza can be problematic. The last high speed chicane (left-right-left) is very hard with a pad.
 
Lol, just GOT MINES TOO! Man I totally agree with you guys, I bronzed Monza with the DS3, came in about 4 ssecs behind on Nurburg, and I said forget it. Took out the old dfpro but for some reason it wouldn't let you turn the car all the way so I grabbed a dfgt today and it was night and day! I've always been a pad guy but not after this lol.
 
No doubt Susuka was tough not that any were easy but Susuka was the hardest and I know that track better than the others.

I think the Ss at the begining were the hardest part to get enough speed through. The chicane was no problem once I made it that far.

I picked up a DFGT a couple of months ago and have not used the pad since. I liked the DFGT so much I went all out and got the PWTS. It is great but I still have the DFGT as a spare.
 
Much respect to those who won it. It's a grind of a challenge and worth the reward at the end. Those who get silver and gold... WOW!
 
the challenge is near impossible using a DS3 controller lol
 
Interesting...
I've been always a pad user on the GT series. Used to have a PS2 compatible Logitech Force Feedback wheel like this one:
http://www.gregh.co.uk/jpegs/IMG_1013.jpg

It costed me a lot back then. I hated the way the wheel felt (maybe it was me only)
I never attached it to a table or something, and never got used to it.

Maybe I should get a DF GT now.
I'm only 17% into the game, level 16 in a-spec. I already had troubles getting gold on the Nascar challenges, so I don't know if I could get the X1. Seems interesting.

Anyways a cousin comes over the holiday season with a DF GT, maybe he will let me use his to clear the event althogh not sure if I will advance too soon. I have too much work, I barely play like max 2hours a day.
 
Not sure if anyone has mentioned about tips on driving the X1. I've been trying for close to an hour but have been 1-2s off the mark constantly. I then changed the view to the hood cam and because of the higher elevation I had a better view down the track which made the cornering a lot easier. Bronzed the track first time thereafter. Try it, might save you guys a few hours and a couple of hundred brain cells from all the frustration. ;)
 
I used the DS controller all the way through GT4 and I use the controller in Forza 2 and 3. I did get a MS Wheel and used it some but I found that I was faster with the controller on all the circut tracks and faster with the wheel on the ovals so I used both as needed.

I started GT5P with the DS but after getting used to the Xbox controller the DS just felt so small and uncomfortable in my hands [I have large hands] Anyway I got the DFGT and went all the way through GT5P with it driving better every day and I thought if only this wheel would work on Forza as well. That is when I decided to take the plunge and get the PWTS so now I can use it on both games and I am loving it.
 
Hey guys, just a tip. Switch over to the hood cam, the elevated position will look a bit weird, but its better for judging corners. Might be able to shave off 1-2 seconds easy.
 
Yea I have been a d-pad user my whole gt life lol. I got the dfpro back when gt4 came out but didn't like the feel of it so I went back to the controller. With the controller on this challenge it seems like you can't really get into the turns like you would with the wheel. I had to brake while pressing the gas with the controller to beat monza. Tried it on Nurburg and it was tough. Never tried Suzuka cause I knew I wouldn't even come close with the DS3. The challenge itself isn't bad, it's learning how to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven lol.
 
Are we going to get a new thread for each user to post that they own an X1?
 
Back