Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Another hotfix for PC is out with following changes:
  • Overall audio mix balancing.
  • Server no longer crashes to invalid entries in the damage log.
  • The game no longer crashes intermittently when attempting to join a lobby.
  • Optimized Hellride and Vale Falls to improve performance especially in multiplayer.
  • Fixed invalid backface cull state during depth pass (caused z-fight like flickering).
  • In multiplayer, team mode settings are now updated correctly.
  • In the event voting screen, the middle event is now in focus by default.
  • Harvester no longer accelerates by itself after applying brakes with the clutch engaged.
  • Monsterbuggy now receives damage correctly.
  • Improved Pocket Rocket gearing.
  • Nerfed Dragslayer slightly.
Thanks for your support and happy wrecking!

Sound does seem better if still a little on the quiet side. (Louder than previous version though I think).
Hopefully you guys get it on console soon :)

Ive gotten back into this game after reading about the updates here. A lot of improvements to multiplayer, including track voting, and better destruction derby (true last car standing). Also purchased the new modified monsters DLC pack, which is a lot of fun!

Just started downloading version 1.21 (PS4). Wonder what this entails...
Wreckfest Patch Notes 1.21
Game version

• Xbox: 1.2.0.1
  • PS4: 1.21
  • PC: 1.254741
CONTENT

• Added two new tracks: Hellride & Vale Falls Circuit
  • Added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack
MULTIPLAYER

• (XB1/PS4) Users can create a public lobby which is visible in the server browser for everyone and has a maximum cap of 16 players.
  • It’s now possible to change (and purchase) vehicle upgrades and paint job directly in the lobby.
  • Implemented track voting. If voting is enabled, clients vote on the next event after they’re back in the lobby after event results, choosing from previous event again, or one of two other events from the current rotation.
  • Improved prediction precision of suspension geometry and steering, enhancing gameplay experience especially with high latency.
  • Players no longer disappear from the post-race results list when they continue to lobby after the event.
  • (PC) Voting can be enabled and disabled in the server config (please see the example config for more information).
  • (PC) A dedicated server can be now excluded from being joined by users entering Quick Match by using “exclude_from_quickplay=1” server setting.
  • (PC) Client is no longer kicked out of multiplayer when connection to Steam is lost.
GAMEPLAY

• Ragdolling no longer results in the player being wrecked; instead, the ragdoll can be reset back into the vehicle by using the reset button. As a consequence, the player will be only actually wrecked after the vehicle health drops to zero. Note that this also applies to the AI Players.
  • A vehicle that has just been reset is now visualized in ghost mode.
  • Limousine car is now slightly weaker.
  • Chase camera now avoid clipping into vehicles and zooms closer whenever a vehicle is right behind the player to make sure the view is not obstructed.
  • Camera no longer snaps into a position due to a bottom collision to the car.
  • Transitioning into and out of camera look-around mode is now seamless.
  • Improved “Intense” damage mode so that now the attacker takes less damage, as designed.
  • Backfire pop now works on AI and remote cars as well.
  • The wheels from Steel & Wheels DLC now have correct physical properties including mass.
  • The window bars from Steel & Wheel DLC are now correctly hidden when using the cockpit camera.
  • Roadslayer window mesh now has the correct weight.
  • Improved suspension geometry of a number of vehicles.
  • Improved Sofa Car handling.
  • (PC) Leaderboards have been reset.
USER INTERFACE

• Reset button key is now correctly hidden while holding reset button.
  • High ping warning message is no longer stuck on the screen after leaving multiplayer.
  • Quit prompt is now correct cleared after the event starts in case it was open in lobby.
  • Added a slight delay to the end of the Last Man Standing so that’s it not as abrupt.
AUDIO

• Mixdown improvements and other tweaks.
  • Post-race experience bar audio effect is now correctly stopped when user skips the screen.
SYSTEM

• Various stability and performance improvements.
  • On Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, the title automatically renders in 4K or HD resolution depending on the resolution of the attached display.
  • The game no longer sporadically crashes to “Out of Index Buffer Memory” during multiplayer.
  • The game no longer crashes when equipping “Racing Wing” on the Warwagon while trunk lid has been removed by another upgrade.
  • (XB1) Steering wheels are now correctly reactivated, making it unnecessary to unplug the device and then plug it back in.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes to “Could not open file for writing: save/settings.conf” when settings file is invalid.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes upon launching when certain input devices are plugged in.
  • Implemented wheel hub collisions.
https://games-guides.com/wreckfest-patch-notes-1-21-holiday-update-on-december-18/

Wreckfest Patch Notes 1.21
Game version

• Xbox: 1.2.0.1
  • PS4: 1.21
  • PC: 1.254741
CONTENT

• Added two new tracks: Hellride & Vale Falls Circuit
  • Added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack
MULTIPLAYER

• (XB1/PS4) Users can create a public lobby which is visible in the server browser for everyone and has a maximum cap of 16 players.
  • It’s now possible to change (and purchase) vehicle upgrades and paint job directly in the lobby.
  • Implemented track voting. If voting is enabled, clients vote on the next event after they’re back in the lobby after event results, choosing from previous event again, or one of two other events from the current rotation.
  • Improved prediction precision of suspension geometry and steering, enhancing gameplay experience especially with high latency.
  • Players no longer disappear from the post-race results list when they continue to lobby after the event.
  • (PC) Voting can be enabled and disabled in the server config (please see the example config for more information).
  • (PC) A dedicated server can be now excluded from being joined by users entering Quick Match by using “exclude_from_quickplay=1” server setting.
  • (PC) Client is no longer kicked out of multiplayer when connection to Steam is lost.
GAMEPLAY

• Ragdolling no longer results in the player being wrecked; instead, the ragdoll can be reset back into the vehicle by using the reset button. As a consequence, the player will be only actually wrecked after the vehicle health drops to zero. Note that this also applies to the AI Players.
  • A vehicle that has just been reset is now visualized in ghost mode.
  • Limousine car is now slightly weaker.
  • Chase camera now avoid clipping into vehicles and zooms closer whenever a vehicle is right behind the player to make sure the view is not obstructed.
  • Camera no longer snaps into a position due to a bottom collision to the car.
  • Transitioning into and out of camera look-around mode is now seamless.
  • Improved “Intense” damage mode so that now the attacker takes less damage, as designed.
  • Backfire pop now works on AI and remote cars as well.
  • The wheels from Steel & Wheels DLC now have correct physical properties including mass.
  • The window bars from Steel & Wheel DLC are now correctly hidden when using the cockpit camera.
  • Roadslayer window mesh now has the correct weight.
  • Improved suspension geometry of a number of vehicles.
  • Improved Sofa Car handling.
  • (PC) Leaderboards have been reset.
USER INTERFACE

• Reset button key is now correctly hidden while holding reset button.
  • High ping warning message is no longer stuck on the screen after leaving multiplayer.
  • Quit prompt is now correct cleared after the event starts in case it was open in lobby.
  • Added a slight delay to the end of the Last Man Standing so that’s it not as abrupt.
AUDIO

• Mixdown improvements and other tweaks.
  • Post-race experience bar audio effect is now correctly stopped when user skips the screen.
SYSTEM

• Various stability and performance improvements.
  • On Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, the title automatically renders in 4K or HD resolution depending on the resolution of the attached display.
  • The game no longer sporadically crashes to “Out of Index Buffer Memory” during multiplayer.
  • The game no longer crashes when equipping “Racing Wing” on the Warwagon while trunk lid has been removed by another upgrade.
  • (XB1) Steering wheels are now correctly reactivated, making it unnecessary to unplug the device and then plug it back in.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes to “Could not open file for writing: save/settings.conf” when settings file is invalid.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes upon launching when certain input devices are plugged in.
  • Implemented wheel hub collisions.
https://games-guides.com/wreckfest-patch-notes-1-21-holiday-update-on-december-18/
Hmm... I remember receiving the full update a few days ago (hence my post regarding sounds and Hellride). Sounds daft, but I wonder if it ended up being downloaded a second time...

Hmm... I remember receiving the full update a few days ago (hence my post regarding sounds and Hellride). Sounds daft, but I wonder if it ended up being downloaded a second time...
I think there was a follow up patch update after that one the other day. I recall getting a notification when I fired up the PS4 last night and had to download and install the update.

Darn. I thought it was really cool to see the window bars in cockpit cam. Hopefully we'll have the option to make them visible/invisible in the future.

Is it worth getting the base game without any DLC? It's 60% off on Steam right now.

The game looks like great fun, but I've been put off by the (apparent) physics downgrade alongside the release of the console version. Would anybody who uses a wheel be able to comment on if the physics were changed?

Is it worth getting the base game without any DLC? It's 60% off on Steam right now.

The game looks like great fun, but I've been put off by the (apparent) physics downgrade alongside the release of the console version. Would anybody who uses a wheel be able to comment on if the physics were changed?

Yes, it is worth getting without the DLC/Season Pass. There is a healthy community on Steam and the Workshop, and the DLC is mostly cosmetic and/or quirky ... not essential to enjoy the game. I've only played with a controller, so I can't comment about issues with a wheel. The wheel may add some pleasure to your game, but it is not necessary to drive well; Wreckfest is arcade, not sim.

Yes, it is worth getting without the DLC/Season Pass. There is a healthy community on Steam and the Workshop, and the DLC is mostly cosmetic and/or quirky ... not essential to enjoy the game. I've only played with a controller, so I can't comment about issues with a wheel. The wheel may add some pleasure to your game, but it is not necessary to drive well; Wreckfest is arcade, not sim.
If the DLC isn't essential, I might pick it up then.

I've heard that the game is (or at least used to) be surprisingly sim-like, which is why I was wondering about how it played with a wheel nowadays.

If the DLC isn't essential, I might pick it up then.

I've heard that the game is (or at least used to) be surprisingly sim-like, which is why I was wondering about how it played with a wheel nowadays.

I agree, the DLC is not essential. I purchased the base game and have picked up a couple DLC packs I’ve been interested in, but haven’t spent what I would have paid for the Deluxe. Although they’re fun, you don’t need the packs to enjoy the game.

As for wheel, I cannot comment as I use with a controller. I prefer the game using the behind the car view, to better see what’s coming (to crash me) and I don’t like using that view with my wheel.

I got the basic game for Christmas. not enjoying it so far because I haven't been able to find the cockpit view - I can't play from behind the car - it's just feels so weird!

The game looks good in replay in the cockpit view. Hopefully someone can tell me how to change the in game view!

I got the basic game for Christmas. not enjoying it so far because I haven't been able to find the cockpit view - I can't play from behind the car - it's just feels so weird!

The game looks good in replay in the cockpit view. Hopefully someone can tell me how to change the in game view!
If you're on PS 4 it's the touch pad.... and I can't play from behind the car either. ;)

Untitled.png

If you're on PS 4 it's the touch pad.... and I can't play from behind the car either. ;)

View attachment 876673
Yup, the default change view is the touch pad on the left. Same for when using wheel or controller. The top/up button on the left hand side there.

If using a wheel, its up on the d pad to change views....it is for me anyway....

Somehow I find the best view for playing Wreckfest is chase cam view though. Makes you more aware of surrounding cars too which is key in this game. Cockpit view leaves you blinded and at a disadvantage....especially since there's no rear view and side mirrors which I wish they had. You'll see.

I did a bit of multiplayer racing recently. C class or lower only, special vehicles okay, and it was a demolition derby. So I chose the Barbie car. I forget what it's actually called. I came in dead last. Wrecked five times, didn't wreck anyone else. Hardly did any damage. But I was having fun. Even though it does next to no damage, it can still spin a car out. Also, watching my driver rag doll all over the arena while drivers run it over repeatedly is hilarious. I guarantee that despite coming in last, I was still having more fun than anyone else.

Back