Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Despite what the trailer shows, the Honey Pot, like the Bumper Car from the pack before, cannot race against itself. You cannot set up a race with only Honey Pots. That's a real shame because that would be hilarious.

I had only two championships left to run to finish off career mode, so I ran the Outlaw in one, and the Hornet in the other. Fun cars but both go into snap oversteer if you're too aggressive on the throttle. I did a lot of figure 8 racing with the Outlaw and it looks hilarious once it's been hit from all four sides. On the Hornet, I gave it an engine swap to get it to A class, and the engine sounded like a turbo-diesel. I know the game described it as a 3.5L inline-six, but I wasn't paying too much attention. Maybe it is a turbo-diesel?

Just got it for PS4. and by god the framerate has taken a hit, at least on the pro. When you have a collision you can count the frames - 12345.

Ugh

And it's making my PS4 howl like a banshee and the graphics are flickering all over the place.

I think I've found the reason - They now render Wreckfest at 4k regardless. Bloody games designers thinking we want pretty pretty when all we want is a game that runs smooth.

Rockfield Roughspot is a nice surprise. Without seeing the trailer before hand. I thought it was just going to be a typical dirt oval but the jumps and banked corner makes it entertaining.

Noticed Big Rigs and Limo's have been added to "Special Mix" grid in Custom Events. Don't recall seeing either in those races before.

I like both tracks, but the Rockfield Roughspot was the real winner. Big Rigs are hilarious around there. Then I tried sofas. The entire rest of the field wrecked out by the end of lap four, and I only had one point of health left, so I had to tip toe around the wreckage for two more laps lest I bump something and wreck myself out. The Roughspot is definitely a winner.

Update overall is good, but they broke multiplayer racing track rotation...

Drytown Desert
Rockfield Roughspot
Random track
Drytown Desert
Rockfield Roughspot
Random track

Sure the new tracks are good, but goddamn, we don't need to play them that much. Obviously it's kinda ruining the experience at the moment.

Also, on Rockfield Roughspot, coming off the final banked turn I'm consistently experiencing weird behavior for cars in multiplayer. Around 8 times out of 10, a car I come off the banking right behind will suddenly snap forward 3-8 car lengths. Sometimes when I spin them on the banking, they will snap back ahead of me as if nothing happened. At first I thought it was just general lag, but it happens nearly every single lap, and nowhere else on the track and at no other tracks. Then around 1 out of every 10 laps or so, my own car will jump forward or suddenly pick up speed while coming off the banking, usually causing me to understeer straight into those spectator bridge supports on the right.

New tracks are good to see though. Drytown Desert is good if not wacky or the over the top, and Rockfield Roughspot is pretty amusing too, although I don't feel it fits as well with A class cars... Which is all we race on console, because Bugbear didn't bother making class limited lobbies. I feel like Rockfield is way more fun in C or B class cars.

I thorougly enjoyed Rockfield Roughsport. So much I played it a good couple times well. Great track.

Sampled the latest update/DLC pack recently. Pleasantly surprised to find that new tracks had been added free of charge and had some entertaining online races in the Hornet - the second turn at Rockfield Roughsport is insane. Menu navigation appears to be much smoother, too.

Also started testing the Honey Pot in various custom race and derby scenarios:

Wreckfest_20191103151932.png

Colin Furze, eat your heart out!

Wreckfest_20191104114613.png

Wreckfest_20191104121819.png

Yes, it is up there with the lawnmower and the bumper car as the most fragile vehicles in the entire game (so far). But with enough care and strategy, it is possible to survive or even win custom events with the Honey Pot - no joke, I actually won a Class C derby in this thing! Just make sure not to topple over or slam into barriers/opponents, or your chances will be flushed down the toilet...

With PS4 Pro I noticed also frame rate drop...even if I was alone testing car on track. I will look forward them to fix and patch this soon.

So, there's a new DLC pack out, introducing new armor & wheel parts.

I gotta say, I'm really digging the old TV Commercial thing they did for the trailer.

I just installed this last night. There's a lot of fun stuff in there. I also noticed there's now a roof coffin in the car toppers. I don't recall seeing that before. Is that new?

I just installed this last night. There's a lot of fun stuff in there. I also noticed there's now a roof coffin in the car toppers. I don't recall seeing that before. Is that new?
I know it's been an option for the Limo since launch, but I'm not 100% sure about the rest of the cars.

I know it's been an option for the Limo since launch, but I'm not 100% sure about the rest of the cars.
I think it can only be installed on some cars, and that was the first time I was in a car it would fit.

Can definitely remember the coffin being available for other vehicles; on the Warwagon, for example, I believe it sits in the space where the boot/trunk normally is.

And it's making my PS4 howl like a banshee and the graphics are flickering all over the place.

I think I've found the reason - They now render Wreckfest at 4k regardless. Bloody games designers thinking we want pretty pretty when all we want is a game that runs smooth.
Have they got a fix for this or are they at least working to fix it?

I just got a wheel with a h shifter for my PS4 Pro and would really like to play this game with it.

I understand you can fix it by forcing the PS4 into a reduced resolution, but that is annoying to have to do that everytime you play.

Have they got a fix for this or are they at least working to fix it?

I just got a wheel with a h shifter for my PS4 Pro and would really like to play this game with it.

I understand you can fix it by forcing the PS4 into a reduced resolution, but that is annoying to have to do that everytime you play.

The problem is that it renders internally at 4K regardless of the output setting of the PS4 pro, so setting the output to 1080p does nothing to improve it. They did patch it to optimise the 4K rendering, but I don't know how that turned out as that was after I resolved the problem myself.

How did I resolve the problem? You're not going to like it.

I Bought a hi-end gaming rig and then re-bought Wreckfest.

The problem is that it renders internally at 4K regardless of the output setting of the PS4 pro, so setting the output to 1080p does nothing to improve it. They did patch it to optimise the 4K rendering, but I don't know how that turned out as that was after I resolved the problem myself.

How did I resolve the problem? You're not going to like it.

I Bought a hi-end gaming rig and then re-bought Wreckfest.
You are right, I don't like it. :P

I've got a decent backlog of other things to play, so maybe I'll just hold off on it for now.

Are you sure it wasn't a problem with your PS4 back then? I've got a PS4 and don't experience that.
The only time I experienced issues with Wreckfest (and also Pcars 2 especially) was when my PS4 was overheating and that was because it needed cleaning and the fan needed replacing (including the thermal paste was dry). Since addressing that, no probs with Wreckfest. If anything it runs better than Pcars 2 which taxes the PS4 more I've noticed.

Latest Posts

Back