Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Nice,

I have the disc that I had previously installed on my son's Xbox One.

Does anyone know for me to get the benefit of the patch for my Series X do I need to install the whole lot via download or can I use the disc also to save on downloading some of it and essentially only downloading the patch?

If you have the disc it will install the base game from it but it will also check for updates & will download these from the net, which will obviously include the 60fps patch.

I've yet to try it since the update, I'm going to give it a go this weekend :)

Last edited:
If you have the disc it will install the base game from it but it will also check for updates & will download these from the net, which will obviously include the 60fps patch.

I've yet to try it since the update, I'm going to give it a go this weekend :)

Yep just installed it and exactly as you described. 👍

A few quick races and yes quite a good improvement visually on a 4k Oled in comparison to a 1080p Oled though to be fair current tv blows the previous away in picture quality, game also feels smoother so I'm pretty happy with the update.

Edit: I also recall this being a bit of a slow loader on the Xbox One but the Series X is a massive improvement on that side.

Last edited:
Yep just installed it and exactly as you described. 👍

A few quick races and yes quite a good improvement visually on a 4k Oled in comparison to a 1080p Oled though to be fair current tv blows the previous away in picture quality, game also feels smoother so I'm pretty happy with the update.

Edit: I also recall this being a bit of a slow loader on the Xbox One but the Series X is a massive improvement on that side.

I've only had my XBSX since the weekend but everything seems to load super quick, including start up from cold, it's so good in comparison :)

I used to take a swig of tea whilst WRC9's stages were loading, now I don't have time !

Anyone got any improved controller settings for use with a Dualshock 4 on PC by any chance? :D

Last edited:
Anyone got any improved controller settings for use with a Dualshock 4 on PC by any chance? :D

Improved how? I'm using DS4 along with DS4Windows - it allows remapping etc but I'm just using its default for Wreckfest.

Just make sure to have "look back" easily accessible :lol:

Improved how? I'm using DS4 along with DS4Windows - it allows remapping etc but I'm just using its default for Wreckfest.

Just make sure to have "look back" easily accessible :lol:

Oh no I cant be bothered with DS4Windows :lol: I had enough of messing around with that to get EA games to work in past years.

My DS4 works fine without any external program, By improved I mean the saturations and deadzones in the Advanced settings. Very rarely the default are very good in racing games in my experience. Changing them in F1 and Dirt games has made a lot of difference for me in the past.

CM has very good settings. Wreckfest is rather simple. Deadzone is for your controller, each is different and lower is always better but older ones have higher drifting. Saturation should be 100 for everything. I am not sure what else is there. If there is sensitivity, you can play with it because it's very often different thing in different game.

Oh no I cant be bothered with DS4Windows :lol: I had enough of messing around with that to get EA games to work in past years.

Yeah, I needed it for some things and just ended up always using it. Not had any huge problems with it TBH (Jays2Kings build 1.4.52 anyway, some other version was awful!).

My DS4 works fine without any external program, By improved I mean the saturations and deadzones in the Advanced settings. Very rarely the default are very good in racing games in my experience. Changing them in F1 and Dirt games has made a lot of difference for me in the past.

I might well not have changed anything, can't remember, but this is what I've got now:
wreckfest-controls-advanced.jpg

On the Woodland Dash time attack at Clayridge Circuit, I’m at 37.775 seconds. 37 seconds exactly are needed for gold. You would think a fraction over ¾ of a second would be easy to pick up, but my every lap that was not 37.775 seconds seems to argue against that.

I’m enjoying the Hammerhead RS, but I’d also like to see new bundles and paint schemes, too. New cars are great and I’ll never complain about that, but for me, those bundles and paint schemes are that touch of spice that keeps the game fun.
I might be a bit late to the party but what setup were you using?

Yeah, I needed it for some things and just ended up always using it. Not had any huge problems with it TBH (Jays2Kings build 1.4.52 anyway, some other version was awful!).

I might well not have changed anything, can't remember, but this is what I've got now:
View attachment 998462

I've had a play with the settings and I have improved them for me. I feel the saturations at 100 is a nice balance of plenty of travel in the triggers making it easier to be progressive with the Brake/throttle without being unresponsive. My controller is in good shape so I lowered the deadzones too to sharpen the steering a bit.

I got top 60 in the both of the 2 Hammerhead RS events so i'm pretty happy :D

Last edited:
I used to struggle with Class A cars big time because I couldn't control the powerslides. I found if you raise the ride height by one, open the diff (to the right on settings?) by one point, and set the brake bias to the rear, it makes the cars much easier to handle.
Thank you.

There was still 2h41m left in the challenge. I didn’t see a setting for ride height, but I softened the suspension one click and did the rest as you suggested. It took me nearly an hour, but I got it. So again, thank you.

Thank you.

There was still 2h41m left in the challenge. I didn’t see a setting for ride height, but I softened the suspension one click and did the rest as you suggested. It took me nearly an hour, but I got it. So again, thank you.
Yep sorry suspension was what I meant, not ride height. It makes all of the RWD class A cars so much easier to handle, you can just powerslide all the corners and not have to try as hard to keep them controlled. I think the soft suspension makes it so the car doesn't change direction as fast, so it's not as twitchy.

Came here to mention this.

Fired up the game today (after a couple of weeks without touching it) and instantly noticed the huge improvement! Excellent surprise.

Will definitely be coming back to this game more often now.

Yeah it's great isn't it, feels like a completely different game, loving it :)

Hi guys, can somebody help ?

I'm having so much fun with this game I thought I'd purchase the Season 2 pass, (already have Season 1). I'm playing on Xbox, on game pass it costs £10.11 yet it seems it's content can be bought in three separate packs at £2.96. My maths isn't brilliant but this works out cheaper than buying the all in one pass ? What am I missing ? It looks like season pass contains 9 new vehicles, all of which are in the separate packs of 3 vehicles. Is there any new tracks in the season 2 pass that's not in the individual packs ? I don't get it :boggled: ?

Hi guys, can somebody help ?

I'm having so much fun with this game I thought I'd purchase the Season 2 pass, (already have Season 1). I'm playing on Xbox, on game pass it costs £10.11 yet it seems it's content can be bought in three separate packs at £2.96. My maths isn't brilliant but this works out cheaper than buying the all in one pass ? What am I missing ? It looks like season pass contains 9 new vehicles, all of which are in the separate packs of 3 vehicles. Is there any new tracks in the season 2 pass that's not in the individual packs ? I don't get it :boggled: ?
Surely the season pass allow you to get stuff that's not been released yet.

Back