Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Just realised I won't (yet). Since its the PS5 version only, PS4 one not included. :ouch: Will add it to library though so I will be able to play it if I buy a PS5 in the future...

Well, what the crap man? That stinks. It's still a worthwhile game, even more so now that it's been out for long enough to occasionally go on sale. No other game for the PS4/5 has crashes that look so good.

48719832423_1535326d70_h.jpg

I know it's 2 posts by me, but it's been over 24 hours. I got the season 2 pass right before the spring sale was over. I was dying to drive the Blade (3rd gen Camaro/Firebird), but it's not as much fun as I expected. Only done a few mods so far, so it might get better. But man am I enjoying the Raven (Buick stock car). It's heavy, but in a good way. And has power to spare.

Played for a couple of hours on PS5 and it's so much better now. Runs at 60fps (with mild tearing if the carnage is too much (but only saw this happen once)) with better effects and damage. Love the sky boxes in this game.
Did a couple of online races but suffered from some lag so quit, but everything ran nicely most of the time.

Still don't much like the engine sounds, but am happy to say the weird bug where the camera view would randomly change when playing with my T300 has been eliminated.
Oh and it loads so much faster now.

Big downside is my old save files won't transfer to PS5 but I believe the devs are aware so hopefully be patched soon.

Still a great game and actually managed to pull me away from ACC for once!

Last edited:
Nice additions! Looks like that's the end of Season 2 then. Also worth noting all their parts are free, so you can max them out without making a dent in your earnings! :)

From what I can tell, the new vehicles are a CJ Wrangler replica, A Trophy Truck that somewhat resembles a Toyota Hilux and a high performance buggy that takes inspiration from the Funco Motorsports F9.

Also, there is a bundle in the Tournament store for the Hotshot which includes some offroad-inspired cosmetics and a more powerful V8 engine for 20k points. ;)

Last edited:
Big downside is my old save files won't transfer to PS5 but I believe the devs are aware so hopefully be patched soon.
From what I can gather through various internet sources so far is that it's because it's the PS5 version only. We'd need the PS4 upgrade version to transfer our saves. Know one seems to know how this will play out yet from what I've been reading but hopefully your right and they patch it.

Have you got the DLC and did that transfer to the PS5 version? Also is the PS4 version still on your machine or external HDD, because while I will purchase the free PS5+ version I'm really not sure whether to download it yet. I kinda want to, but I don't want to start from scratch.

So the new update has dropped with 3 non special 4WD off roaders in the form of the Trophy Runner, the Sandstorm and the Trooper.

The Trophy Runner has a max PI of 328 and has the option to remove the tailgate and even the floor of the pickup bed for that trophy truck feel. 👍

The Sandstorm has a max PI of 322 and not much in terms of visual upgrades, looks decent mind you and has good B Class potential.

The Trooper in terms of visuals has more options with various roll cages, exhaust stacks behind the drivers seat and you can put a roof on it for the full Jeep effect.

Interestingly, two sets of different wheels are glitched as they actually count towards removing some of the Troopers weight and strength. :odd:

But if equipped, the max PI is a remarkable 370 for the Trooper, which is 2 more than the Rocket RX, but still waay off the 709 rating of the V8 powered Bulldog.:eek:

As mentioned previously, the Hotshot has a bundle for it gives it off road spec front and rear bumpers, a set of roof lights and an upgraded version of its race engine to take it to a max PI of 342. 👍

The Stepvan now has both engine parts and tuning available so it’s new max PI of 272 makes this special class vehicle more versatile and the tuning helps lengthen the gears to use all of the 2133ft-lbs of torque. :scared:

Also I assume I’m not alone in noticing we have a second Bumper Car now? :confused:

An A class Bumper Car(TL), both it and the normal Bumper Car can now be tuned, plus the normal Bumper Car can now up to B Class with an Engine swap.

Already had mine at over 110mph at Motorcity Reverse. :scared:

The new track, while short will ensure you’ll catch a lotta hang time within 1 lap. 👍

And to top it all off, MotorCity Circuit now has a Trophy layout which is the normal layout with ramps all around the track, perfect for the new off roaders or a more fun way of money/XP grinding against Lawnmowers. :lol:

I'll answer some of my own questions.
From what I can gather through various internet sources so far is that it's because it's the PS5 version only. We'd need the PS4 upgrade version to transfer our saves. Know one seems to know how this will play out yet from what I've been reading but hopefully your right and they patch it.

Have you got the DLC and did that transfer to the PS5 version?
Apparently it does, but you have to redownload it from the store and it's free for those of us that have all the DLC
Also is the PS4 version still on your machine or external HDD, because while I will purchase the free PS5+ version I'm really not sure whether to download it yet. I kinda want to, but I don't want to start from scratch.
This I do not know yet so I'll still not download the game.

A neat update, but not sure it will offer much long term outside of the track...

The Sandstorm buggy drives really strange, I couldn't even tolerate it enough to finish the race I did with it. While it is sliding it rotates "notchy" for lack of a better term, feeling like it can't decide whether it should be sliding or understeering and it's really annoying in long corners. It also has a strange reaction to small bumps like kerb ends and the like, despite its rather soft suspension and fair amount of travel it would pop up on 2 wheels and then just kinda... continue on two wheels for too long, like the gravity wasn't right for it something. Not a fun vehicle.

The Trooper has cool modifications and is pretty unique, but it's not a fun vehicle to use really. The short wheelbase means it's really easy to over-rotate and kinda hard to catch slides with, which given how sideways this game likes to be driven to be fast, isn't a good recipe. If you can drive it fairly straight it's not the slowest thing, but it's also super sensitive to contact and given this game is Wreckfest... I did 3 or 4 races with it and didn't enjoy it.

The Trophy Runner isn't bad though, reasonably nice to drive, plenty of mods to make it either more of a trophy truck or more stock looking. It's certainly not going to be beating any well driven Raidens/SV/HHRS in C class, and doesn't really seem to be able to run with the "good enough" tier below those, but it's not useless.

I don't really notice the 4WD on any of them... They don't get good launches really, and seem to slide on throttle and all that basically the same as the rest of the RWD vehicles.

New track is fun, but doesn't have some specific detail that makes it spectacular. Definitely feels like a pretty proper Pro4/whatever off road track.

New pack for the Hot Shot is cool, basically a rip off of this thing down to the colors and stripes:
9Lvtlutu3tCkK3k6oNTJnRlvu_4cvsErogwk4_qiQiE.jpg

If you put the new "style" on it, it straightens all the body panels, but unfortunately there is no way to straighten the panels without running the numbers/sponsors.

Have you got the DLC and did that transfer to the PS5 version? Also is the PS4 version still on your machine or external HDD, because while I will purchase the free PS5+ version I'm really not sure whether to download it yet. I kinda want to, but I don't want to start from scratch.
You've answered the other questions already so will just add that I didn't have the PS4 version currently installed on my PS5, so the PS plus release was a fresh install for me. Transferred over my old save file though but it doesn't work.
The game runs so much better now I might just start the career again, but for now just doing custom races.

Last edited:
The new track, while short will ensure you’ll catch a lotta hang time within 1 lap. 👍

Ran a few 10 lap mixed class custom races on that last night. Great fun, lots of carnage especially when lapped traffic gets involved.

Enjoying the new cars as well. Only real complaint is that I wish there was a smaller wheel option for the Hilux, just to give it a more standard look.

The new track is good. The trophy runner is way softer in the suspension than I expected. Damn near uncontrollable. But, I just switch to a different vehicle & get back to the fun. Still enjoying the Raven a ton.

I booted up Wrecker this morning & showed it downloading version 2.04. I guess they want to fix a glitch or 2.

Also, after crashing the Bullet (aka: Charger) on the Motorcity rally course, I'm renaming my Bullet as The General Yee. :lol:

Last edited:
Played the hell out of this when it first come out and then sold it, finally got a ps5 this week and to my surprise it was free on ps plus!

When I booted it up I realised my ps4 save didn't transfer over but enjoying this great game after so long at 60 fps makes me not even care, loving it like a brand new released game!

One question.. do the season passes only include cars and the new tracks are added through updates or are the new tracks locked behind dlc too?

The big question is whether or not our PS4 game saves will now transfer to the free PS5 version. Has anyone tried yet?

New update, New car and new track.

Well I say new ‘track’, more like a super sized stunt area/Car wrecker. :drool:

Crazy in size and what it packs, if you played the tech demo many years ago (back when it was Next Car Game.), it’ll feel new and yet familiar. ;)

The New Speedbird GT in terms of stats is pretty much the same as the normal Speedbird with a max PI of 357, but it has a few bespoke visual parts you can’t have on the normal one like the hood and rear wing, plus the livery options are different too.

For 100K Fame, it’s great if you want a second Speedbird in your collection. 👍

But here’s the big thing that I didn’t see in the patch notes, it appears that ALL the special vehicles can now have their setups changed. :eek:

So now you tweak the gearing, suspension, diff and brake balance on pretty much everything, Doom&Big Rigs, Battle&School Buses, Harvester and Hellvester, Motorhome, Honey Pot, Lawn Mower, Pocket Rocket and Sofa Car.

All that means now that those vehicles now have more potential in racing, especially those with short factory gearing. :P

This game kicks ass, I've played it everyday since I downloaded it on PS5 a week ago. Easily one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

Back