Next Forza 7 DLC Car Pack Touches Down January 16

For some reason i have to say i find GT Sport at the moment more refreshing to play even with the limited content. And i cant help but like the gran turismo feeling around it. Reminds me of the time when i played GT 3 like a maniac.

I personally wouldn’t care about cars being placed in what I feel is the wrong division if we had the ability to hand pick cars like we can in FH3. The current setup is very annoying to set up limited fields outside of the set divisions.

One only need to mention the mismatched Valiant Charger sound, or the Titan weight glitch that was never fixed even though many people mentioned it.

I could make a long post without even touching glitches and bugs. But considering they’ve been voiced plenty in the FH section I’ll leave them there.

The Forza series has become very successful over the years and I fear they've become complacent in their success. Especially the Motorsport series where there is no more competition.
This exactly how I feel at the moment. Now that GT chicken out to being an iRacing wannabe, Turn 10 now has nothing to worry about with the concept that made GT famous. It's really a shame, because as you say, there is no competition for the Motorsport franchise. :\

One only need to mention the mismatched Valiant Charger sound, or the Titan weight glitch that was never fixed even though many people mentioned it.
The Charger was fixed, and the Titan weight glitch was claimed to be unfixable by Jonk1969, he said that trying to fix it opened up lots of other problems because it was very deep in the code.

The Charger was fixed, and the Titan weight glitch was claimed to be unfixable by Jonk1969, he said that trying to fix it opened up lots of other problems because it was very deep in the code.

The Charger was fixed-y. That being said, there are clearly some limitations to what can or cannot be fixed or improved upon via a patch, that depends largely on the file structure of the game. Often, people fail to understand that, and as such, they set their expectations waaay too high.

No, it's not necessarily that T10 doesn't want to "fix that". More often that not, it's a "can't", not a "won't".

(That being said, I wish they could adopt a more hands-on approach to the 3d modeling of the cars. I don't expect, nor want them to do everything in house like PDI - but some inaccuracies can only be explained in terms of no car guy ever taking a look at the models present in game with the power to send them back to the modelling studio responsible for a re-do)

As for the topic of "Forza Motorsport and competition": the truth is that Forza hasn't had any at least since the days of FM3. Gran Turismo is released exclusively on a competing platform, and is thus ultimately aimed at a different userbase (i.e. guys who bought a Playstation as opposed to an Xbox); even during the peak of its "museum approach" era, it was never a true opponent of Forza (and viceversa, Forza wasn't rivaling Gran Turismo) outside of message boards where e-wang measuring contests between the two userbases were the norm.

Honestly, the more time goes on, the more I have a feeling if T10 was allowed to sink an unlimited budget on a title to be released "when it's ready", we'd all be dead of awesome-induced aneurysms within two hours of it being released. Sadly, it's "minimum bang for maximum buck, and you got one year to get it done" - AAA game development at its finest. The result is still enjoyable, but some of its flaws leave a noticeably bitter taste in the mouth.

-

In any case, as a helpful reminder, we're still missing the KIA Stinger GT, Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 and a Brabham from the 1970s (likely some variation of the BT45) from the pre-release leak, plus a MG MG3, Peugeout 405 T16, Porsche 917, Jensen Interceptor and Citroen 2CV from the FH3 debug files, and a Honda Civic GRC car, Lexus RCF GT3, Jaguar XJR-5 and Kia cee'd from an FM7 XML sound list. The first three cars appeared in menu screens and are almost as good as confirmed, while the latter may never come to Forza at all, but it's still a good idea to keep an eye open for clues that may indicate their presence in the Clue Thread.
Both FM6 and FH3 saw some high-profile cars added with the January Polo Red Car Pack and Rockstar Car Pack DLCs respectively, and it seems that in general this is a month where the Powers That Be try to revive interest in the game by adding more sought-after and high-wow-factor rides; while T10's marketing and PR department seems to be in total disarray as of lately, I'd expect the same to hold true this time around.

On the bright side, they could still release February's DLC early next month, resulting in 14 new cars within three weeks. Many bad things can be said about the way Turn 10 has handled FM7, but in this case I'd say there's nothing to criticize as long as they deliver six car packs within the six months advertized by the season pass. No one ever promised four week intervals between these DLC releases, and how it typically works doesn't automatically make deviations sloppy.

The Forza series has become very successful over the years and I fear they've become complacent in their success. Especially the Motorsport series where there is no more competition.
Looking at sales numbers it's actually been in decline for a few games now, so whilst it has no direct competitors it isn't as successful as people think.

Now is it franchise fatigue and them releasing every 2 years with not much new that's the cause or is the carpg sim genre in decline?

i hope that the following cars will be part of the next packs:

Ferrari 812 Superfast
McLaren 720 S
McLaren 675 LT
Ferrari GTC 4 Lusso
Bugatti Chiron
McLaren P1 GTR
Latest models of E63 AMG of S63 AMG
BMW M 760Li und latest M5
Porsche 911R and newly released GT3
Latest Audi RS 5
Ferrari Portofino
Huracan Performante
Audi S8 and Mercedes S600 (to make CEO races)

I’m still hoping for the Delorean , a Corvette C6 Z06 and a few of the cars in your list as well!!

Get all the DLC cars for free, barely want to drive any of them :/
Hoping this next release will be more exciting.

I haven’t driven any of ge previous DLC cars as well except for the Giulia Quad. The car packs and Specialty Dealer offerings so far have been very disappointing

Time to release the interesting cars only after the first season pass expires.
That’s exactly what I don’t want to happen.

There are some shift animations missing from certain cars as well.

Safe-ish bet: There's a Porsche and an off-road focused vehicle in the next pack. :lol:

They will kill two birds with one stone and simply add this...

p58.jpg

:sly:

They will kill two birds with one stone and simply add this...

p58.jpg

:sly:

...and then remove it in Horizon 4. Because of course they would.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see that Colorado ZR2 pop up, and the long-rumored Porsche 917 finally resurface. The latter would undoubtedly be an uncontroversially good addition, and the former... Well, at least I'd have the chance prep some liveries for when FH4 comes out? :lol:

Last edited:
Back