Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
Yeah, I've hated the 'nose' since they first showed the FT-1.

Also, the 'vent' in the door is a joke, right? Right guys? That won't actually look like that, right?

Could it be a way to sidestep any particular motorsport series' rules on body modifications? I'll admit my ignorance on that subject, but that seems like a possibility. Though it's still an ugly slash on the door either way, right up there in terms of awkwardness with the 488's door handles.

Certainly looks awkward in the pics, but a pure isometric view with no perspective is never going to be particularly kind to a shape. The camo'd prototype at Goodwood had great proportions, and hopefully some of the details will look better in the metal too.

I guess I never really attributed the current nose to F1 because to me it was clear the design philosophy for the Gazoo cars was a derivative of the P1
_79P6620.jpg

toyota-gr-supersport-concept-lmp1-roadcar-9.jpg

Though now that it has been mentioned as far as the Ferrari goes, and you posting the images. I can see what he means by the F1 style in the current Ferrari. I never would have really noticed it for some reason if you hadn't shown me. I guess that's just how passive I am about their design these days even though they're not that bad to me. I understood what he meant about the Mercs though, I just didn't see this car as bad as those. Nor did I find it F1 like back then.

Also it seems to be something seen in other designs though much harder due to the general car itself but like this.
GRMN-blog.png

Toyo.jpg
Lmao, I actually completely forgot about the LMP1 car.

But still, it's an effort to connect to their racing efforts but in my opinion it doesn't work very well. The Mercedes examples were particularly abhorrent. Toyota hasn't quite committed that heinous a design crime but they're not innocent, that's for sure.

Lmao, I actually completely forgot about the LMP1 car.

But still, it's an effort to connect to their racing efforts but in my opinion it doesn't work very well. The Mercedes examples were particularly abhorrent. Toyota hasn't quite committed that heinous a design crime but they're not innocent, that's for sure.

Sadly I think it's here to stay for some time and it's a general design queue of this era of Toyota. I noticed even the new Camary has it.

Leaked official documents. I'd say that's pretty solid.

So Toyota has officially come out and said, those are true specimens...that's interesting I haven't seen that myself could you possibly link that?

So Toyota has officially come out and said, those are true specimens...that's interesting I haven't seen that myself could you possibly link that?
Leaked documents was posted here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...concept-unveiled.235133/page-33#post-12496335

Direct link to the source
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select?product=P&archive=0&series=J29

EDIT:
Ah, it appears the website has taken down the Supra parts. The screenshots are still in the 1st link though

Leaked documents was posted here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...concept-unveiled.235133/page-33#post-12496335

Direct link to the source
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select?product=P&archive=0&series=J29

EDIT:
Ah, it appears the website has taken down the Supra parts. The screenshots are still in the 1st link though

I know the documents were posted here, that wasn't my question.

Again as I said, it's not an official site, the "leaked models" aren't claimed by the manufacture. So when someone says "yeah it's official" without substantiation no matter how good it looks doesn't make it so. That was my point. A person recreating said CAD models to construct the theoretical car makes it even less so. Considering their are parts on the full version that the leaked images don't show.

It'd be pretty embarrassing if Toyota submitted official CAD drawings that were that poor of quality. Those are nowhere near close to what an adequately trained CAD engineer can do.

They're not CAD drawings. They're just example pictures of replacement parts.

Although the website appears to be a third party website, it does seem to be pretty legit and has accurate information.

For example, I looked for a 3 series F30 A/C compressor. I googled the part number and found the same part with a similar diagram from the official BMW online parts store.

It'd be pretty embarrassing if Toyota submitted official CAD drawings that were that poor of quality. Those are nowhere near close to what an adequately trained CAD engineer can do.

It's standard fare for the BMW ETK, and it's better than the line drawings they used to use. Most online BMW parts catalogues all reference the same data, which is officially sourced, but he images are really for reference only, they are not the kind of images from which you'd be machining, moulding, fabricating or cutting your own parts.

Also, how many genuine automotive CAD files have you ever received? These are better than the average iges I get to work with!

They're not CAD drawings. They're just example pictures of replacement parts.

Although the website appears to be a third party website, it does seem to be pretty legit and has accurate information.

For example, I looked for a 3 series F30 A/C compressor. I googled the part number and found the same part with a similar diagram from the official BMW online parts store.

Those are CAD images...same kind you would see when you do a full model in Solidworks or CATIA. Also amazing you looked up a part that already exists and the third party site had the same image (official site has an updated version) as the official. How does that prove that leaked info is official? All it does is make way for the potential of it being official to be more likely, it's not verification. Which was the original point of all this when someone said it was official, and they had no way to quantify that.

Do you realize how difficult it is to draw shapes that complex in Solidworks?

Which ones? Because I actually have years of solidworks experience, and other than the cluster I didn't see anything too extreme. Especially when following an ISO or Third-angle projection drawing. I also have to do 3D sims in FEA and CFD where shapes are quite varying, and I and many others I know do just fine.

Here it is. The VLN Supra. It' technically completely stock. It only has a cage, a fire extinguisher, the obligatory racing fuel cell and the correct tires/wheels for it's class.

@05XR8 looks good, doesn't it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-20-01-18-29.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-20-01-18-29.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Screenshot_2018-10-20-01-26-30.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-20-01-26-30.png
    180 KB · Views: 47
Here it is. The VLN Supra. It' technically completely stock. It only has a cage, a fire extinguisher, the obligatory racing fuel cell and the correct tires/wheels for it's class.

@05XR8 looks good, doesn't it?
Ah, cool!:bowdown:👍

So, stock boost as well? I knew this car was going to look nice.

Ah, cool!:bowdown:👍

So, stock boost as well? I knew this car was going to look nice.

I have heard that this car is completely stock beside the safety features. So stock boost and even stock exhaust . It will be the quietest car :lol:

Gazoo wants to test whether the car is reliable enough to run 4hours long on its limits on the most demanding tracks.

Ah, if you skip to 4:53:45 (it should be linked to that timestamp), they show the car for about a minute going around the GP circuit. It looks stunning

Back