Next Grand Prix Event - 10/17/20 - Laguna Seca

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 141 comments
United States
United States
The next Grand Prix will be an hour long race with the SF19 at Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP on 10/17/20

Cars:
  • SF19 Toyota or Honda
  • Stock hp (100%)
  • Stock lbs (100%)
Race Details:
  • WeatherTech Raceway - Laguna Seca - Default ToD
  • Laps TBD equaling 1 hour
  • Formation lap to start race (line up 2 wide. Race starts when leader crosses start/finish line)
  • Competition caution at XX laps to go (pits will be open)
  • Light damage
  • RS Tires
  • Tire wear x2
  • Fuel consumption x1
Qualifying:
  • How it will work:

All drivers will wait in their vehicle in the pits.
    The first driver will exit the pits to start their out lap.
    Once the first driver crosses the first or second sector line (depending on circuit) to start their out lap the next driver will exit the pits to start their out lap
    After the second driver crosses the first or second sector line (depending on circuit) to start their out lap the next driver will exit the pits to start their out lap
    this will continue until all drivers have exited the pits to start qualifying

Cool down lap:
    After completing your hot lap/qualifying lap please continue to drive until you are a safe distance from the start/finish line
    Then please exit the track and return to the lobby or continue to the pits and wait until qualifying is over.
    Please remain greened up while in the lobby or your qualifying time will be nullified.

How do I know when to exit the pits to start qualifying?:
    Please join the party chat. The lobby host will let you know when its your turn to exit the pits via party chat.

Race Times:
  • Lobby opens at 10:15pm EST
  • Qualifying starts at 10:30pm EST
  • Racing to begin at 10:45pm EST

Competition Caution:
  • A competition caution will be called at 18 laps to go
  • 5 laps prior to the caution pit lane will close (drivers may only enter if they have run out of fuel)
  • Once the leader crosses the start/finish line to start the caution they will slow to caution pace
  • Remaining drivers should continue to race to the start/finish line and then line up in order of position behind the leader
  • The pits will then open and the leader will guide ALL drivers onto pit lane
  • Drivers may choose to roll through pit lane or complete a pit stop but ALL drivers must enter the pits. This is to maintain position integrity
  • Do not pass other drivers when entering the pits
  • Drivers are allowed to gain position during pit stops (this is the only time during a caution you should gain or lose positions)
  • After exiting the pits any lapped car may regain 1 lap and 1 lap only
  • Once the lapped cars have rejoined the pack drivers will line up 2 wide for the race restart
  • The leader will have the choice of inside or outside lane for restart. All other drivers will line up accordingly
  • Racing resumes when the leader crosses the start/finish line

***Please join the party chat even if you do not have a mic. This will make it easier to coordinate qualifying and cautions***

Last edited:
The grand prix sounds yummy

Ill race whatever is run (but youll hear a lot of bitchn if i have to run the 1500 lol)

Last edited:
It was lots of fun when we did it during the open wheel series, id love a longer run at it with the sf19

Even the Merc was a blast there.

I think I will keep the open wheel series settings along with the 1 lap qualifying. I really liked the daytime setting for the open wheel race. Going through the tunnel was really cool.

What time is this thing happening?

Too bad it wasnt the F1500. I wanted to listen to Fullness bitch.

What time is this thing happening?

Too bad it wasnt the F1500. I wanted to listen to Fullness bitch.

I'm thinking our usual. Lobby opens at 9:30 est. Qualifying at 9:45 est and racing to start around 10:00est

Volkswagen has entered the race

8431403720530494976_0.jpg

Are we running tonight or tomorrow? SNAIL's also running a labor day event and I think I have my dates mixed up.

Yes. Though switching the time to twilight is more appropriate since the race starts at 9:30 PM

Back