Next Grand Prix Event - 10/17/20 - Laguna Seca

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 141 comments
@SydViscus Watched that replay. Doesn’t get any closer than that lmao!!!

Man I pooped and had a stroke simultaneously, I didn't see the the ICBM incoming but that was ****ing awesome dude. Lick it, stamp it, send it!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Also EDIT @BPeacock2727 that on board from your safety car restart is like the final scene from a war movie but sooo epic just sprinting through the carnage :lol::lol::cheers:

Last edited:
Great fun last night. I just need to work out some issues with the competition caution for the next race.

Just some ideas in no particular order:
  • Lapped cars will only be allowed to get 1 lap back during the caution
  • Once the leader crosses the start/finish line to start the caution they will slow down to caution pace
  • Remaining drivers should race to the start/finish line and then line up single file in order of position behind the leader
  • Drivers may enter the pits once the leader has brought them around to the pit entrance
  • Do not pass other drivers in the pit entrance
  • Drivers are allowed to gain positions during a pit stop or by not stopping at all (this is the only time during a caution you should gain or lose position)
  • After pit stops we will conduct one more pace lap to allow lapped cars to regain 1 lap and rejoin the rest of the field
  • Drivers will then line up 2 wide
  • Leader will have the option of which lane they want for the restart
  • Other drivers will line up accordingly behind the leader
  • Race resumes when the leader crosses the start/finish line

PS_Messages_20201001_112947.jpg

Great fun last night. I just need to work out some issues with the competition caution for the next race.

Just some ideas in no particular order:
  • Lapped cars will only be allowed to get 1 lap back during the caution
  • Once the leader crosses the start/finish line to start the caution they will slow down to caution pace
  • Remaining drivers should race to the start/finish line and then line up single file in order of position behind the leader
  • Drivers may enter the pits once the leader has brought them around to the pit entrance
  • Do not pass other drivers in the pit entrance
  • Drivers are allowed to gain positions during a pit stop or by not stopping at all (this is the only time during a caution you should gain or lose position)
  • After pit stops we will conduct one more pace lap to allow lapped cars to regain 1 lap and rejoin the rest of the field
  • Drivers will then line up 2 wide
  • Leader will have the option of which lane they want for the restart
  • Other drivers will line up accordingly behind the leader
  • Race resumes when the leader crosses the start/finish line

one of our issues with pitting under caution had us pitting and coming out of the pits in front of the leader Tim. What suppose you want to do about that?

one of our issues with pitting under caution had us pitting and coming out of the pits in front of the leader Tim. What suppose you want to do about that?

I'll have to check the replay. I know you and I were first in the pits and I thought we had to pass the leaders in turn 2 to start getting our lap back.

If that is the case though then we will have to figure out a way to address that issue.

I'll have to check the replay. I know you and I were first in the pits and I thought we had to pass the leaders in turn 2 to start getting our lap back.

If that is the case though then we will have to figure out a way to address that issue.

we did need to get by yes but those on the lead lap can pit and come out ahead.

it will work out differently at each track.

I edited this, see below:

You could make everybody drive through the pit and they don't have to make a stop. That would keep the positions in order.

Last edited:
we did need to get by yes but those on the lead lap can pit and come out ahead.

it will work out differently at each track.

Yah that is a super fast pit lane with no refueling needed so it was an abnormally fast stop comparatively

Oh man, we need some Jason Bourne style edits with this! Just constantly cutting back and forth between Banshee's bumper cam and the Sunday drivers, lol. Maybe it plays some slow banjo music when it shows the Sunday drivers, and some death metal when it cuts to Banshee's bumper cam.... Yes, I choose this reality.
@Sandite5 Ask and you shall receive...
Once again, Enjoy! :lol: :cheers:

Back