Next GT Sport Update Arrives July 31, Brings Four (Edit: FIVE!) New Cars

Then I guess this would require a beheading, or something. (I did NOT make this livery!)

4836879271848870457_23.jpg
Even the classic rims received some cream treatment right there LMAO.

A car I'd wish they'd add in the future now that the D-Type is in the game is the XKSS, otherwise known as the D-Type roadcar. Built off of the remaining D-Type chassis at the Factory back in the 1957, most of them were destroyed in a fire before they could be finished. Jaguar themselves recently completed the remaining XKSSes.
Plus it’d be cool to have another classic to race in the N classes. I do wish PD would make more use of the models they already have.

The D-Type to XKSS is one example. But we could also have competition versions of cars like the R32 GT-R, E30 M3, Integrale etc. These were Group A cars so the body was identical to the road car. PD would need to model the race interior, wheels, and upgrade the specs.

Plus it’d be cool to have another classic to race in the N classes. I do wish PD would make more use of the models they already have.
If another update comes this month, a lot of people in the other threads might say that would probably be one of the last... while acting it's as if the world's ending already.

If another update comes this month, a lot of people in the other threads might say that would probably be one of the last... while acting it's as if the world's ending already.
Which I don’t understand, we’re still a minimum year out from the PS5 and maybe the next GT, why would they stop now? They’re 100 cars shy of their minimum forecast for GT Sport. People are crazy.

Which I don’t understand, we’re still a minimum year out from the PS5 and maybe the next GT, why would they stop now? They’re 100 cars shy of their minimum forecast for GT Sport. People are crazy.
Maybe because the number of cars released in each update has dwindled down a bit compared to what has debuted in the past.

To some extent, I could understand why they are whining about it but as time goes on, honestly it just becomes ridiculous. And it's already known since the start that not every car from the previous titles will make an appearance in GT Sport, anyway. I would have understood them more if PD starts charging for these DLCs but fortunately, they haven't yet.

Though no matter what PD does, they won't be satisfied and would still be complaining in the end.

Will this roll over when I put racing soft tyres on it?

Or do I need to upgrade the sauce quality in my shocks or up spring rates?

Also do I need to insult people here or polyphony to make it happen?
Why are you so serious all the time I post? Can't you see by my facial expression, I'm joking. I'm looking dead at the screen. .. See?... SEE???!!!

:sly:

The most likely outcome is continued updates for the next 12-18 months. Half a dozen cars per month, track every other month. That still adds up to a significant amount of new content. If PD where winding down support completely we certainly wouldn’t get all new cars like the D-Type.

The only content I could see them specifically holding back are classic original tracks.

steve_mcqueen_jaguar_sportscar-23549.jpg

Steve McQueen in his Jaguar XKSS. When Jaguar withdrew from racing they had some unsold D Types so started converting them into road going XKSS models, but a fire destroyed most of the stock after only a few had been sold.

Steve's car is now owned by Jay Leno with whom PD have a good relationship - maybe this could be a future car?

For anyone interested, this months (September) Classic & Sports Car contains a comparison test between the Jag D Type and Aston DB3S - as well as a Goodwood Revival Preview!

steve_mcqueen_jaguar_sportscar-23549.jpg

Steve McQueen in his Jaguar XKSS. When Jaguar withdrew from racing they had some unsold D Types so started converting them into road going XKSS models, but a fire destroyed most of the stock after only a few had been sold.

Steve's car is now owned by Jay Leno with whom PD have a good relationship - maybe this could be a future car?

For anyone interested, this months (September) Classic & Sports Car contains a comparison test between the Jag D Type and Aston DB3S - as well as a Goodwood Revival Preview!
I do wonder how many cars PD scan that never feature in the game. I’d write off anything scanned 3-4 years back that we’ve not yet seen. Given PD’s improved production schedule and need for ever more data. I can’t see them committing resources to scan anything & everything. Just in case.

It seems they now have an 18-24 month turnaround from scanning to finished product.

x2019 30 lap Sardegna A endurance

I was bored and had 45 mins to kill so I tried this. I used whatever setup I used in the Autopolis race.

This one is pretty humilating for me. My fastest lap is a 1'29" and I think this was with a tow on the straight.

AI did a 1'27" (!!!) - I had a horrible first 20 laps often languishing in last and very low down like a Williams.

Pit every 10 laps for RS and full 10 laps of fuel.

Last 10 laps I pull it together doing consistent 1'30" laps and I managed to finish 3rd but with the last laps conserving fuel because if I'm pushing the car... it uses about 8-9 laps on a full tank versus 11-12 on the first stint where I wasnt pushing as hard.

Even more humilating is that I thought I was using a high downforce setup therefore losing top end and I checked the car afterwards and all I had was a HSG tune 300km/h final drive and a low downforce setup so I must suck a fair bit.

Gold isnt too far away if I pay attention.

Last edited:
I would like to contribute to the discussion. Remember that hyper Indian car? From the "Inspire Gran Turismo" program. Well, according to the car manufacturer, Vazirani, it would arrive at GT Sport sometime in the following year, so this gives us to speculate that, and according to Kaz's statements regarding the final number of cars, the updates would continue until 2020
Without further ado, I leave the evidence taken from a questionnaire on Instagram.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-07 at 8.50.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-07 at 8.50.10 PM.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 30
Back